Arturo Vidal

Morten

For Barcelona, I would take Arda over Vidal. You can't say Vidal is a "better player, plain and simple". They're different kinds of players. Kinda like how Rakitic is infinitely better for Barcelona than Fabregas ever was.

Thats an overstatement, Rakitic is no doubt a good player, but he hasnt really done anything special to be hailed as a wc midfielder. Right place at the right time, simply. Cesc didnt do as well as he should have, but Barca would have won the treble anyway, with or without Cesc.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Barca would have won the treble anyway, with or without Cesc.

I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with that statement, and I say that as a big fan of Cesc during his time here. He didn't have the positional discipline to allow Barcelona to play at its highest level.

Morten

For Barcelona, I would take Arda over Vidal. You can't say Vidal is a "better player, plain and simple". They're different kinds of players. Kinda like how Rakitic is infinitely better for Barcelona than Fabregas ever was.

Of course i can, if Arda didnt suddenly become a barca-player, you would have agreed with me. Vidal is easily a better player, "plain and simple":

DrPepper

:lol: at people judging Turan's and Vidal's ability by their transfer fees.

Is David Luiz the best CB in the world as well as he was the most expensive?

Or Rakitic only half the player Turan is because the former cost half of the latter?

Obviously Vidal has been a better player than Turan. Arda has been superb since Simeone (or maybe because - we don't know yet) while Vidal has been amazing at Leverkusen and Juventus under different managers while being more consistent.

Whether Vidal would be a better fit than Turan at Barca is an entirely different and irrelevant question.

Fan of Arturo, even said a few pages ago that I'd enjoy it if he was at Barca or Atleti, but I don't see the point of people calling him a replacement for Schweinsteiger.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Vidal is a better midfielder than Arda, that shouldn't even be a question. But Arda is an atletico player, he knows la liga very well unlike vidal. Plus we are not only strengthening the team but weakening the opponent too. Arda has some good skills that fit very well with barca, his close control especially and his versatility, Vidal can't play on wings. Comparing his price to arda price is not a right thing to do.

serghei

Thats an overstatement, Rakitic is no doubt a good player, but he hasnt really done anything special to be hailed as a wc midfielder. Right place at the right time, simply. Cesc didnt do as well as he should have, but Barca would have won the treble anyway, with or without Cesc.

Of course he didn't. He just dominated Bayern's midfield along with his teammates, scored a meaningless goal in the CL final, won the treble, contributed to our defensive unity and balance on the entire right wing, put in workrate and comittment day in day out. One of the best midfielders around, who keeps getting underrated because he is a quiet player who does his job without making much noise on the side. His 2nd part of the season was about as good as it gets in the position he plays and the roles he has inside the team, which is restricted.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Of course he didn't. He just dominated Bayern's midfield along with his teammates, scored a meaningless goal in the CL final, won the treble, contributed to our defensive unity and balance on the entire right wing, put in workrate and comittment day in day out. One of the best midfielders around, who keeps getting underrated because he is a quiet player who does his job without making much noise on the side. His 2nd part of the season was about as good as it gets in the position he plays and the roles he has inside the team, which is restricted.
Don't be silly. NOT WORLD CLASS! Didn't you hear him the first time?

I wonder where exactly this line that boarders between class and world class lies anyhow...

serghei

Don't be silly. NOT WORLD CLASS! Didn't you hear him the first time?

I wonder where exactly this line that boarders between class and world class lies anyhow...

He will never be regarded as a world class midfielder no matter what he does. It's the position he plays in, which is not in the spotlight. We have MSN, so the other players are branded as not as great because the MSN get all the credit. Bogus IMO. Many players from this Barca team are world class as of now, including Dani Alves, Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, Bravo.

It was pretty hilarious to be fair when people said this Barca team has a weak midfield. No team with a weak midfield walks the Champions League and wins the treble quite comfortably.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

He will never be regarded as a world class midfielder no matter what he does. It's the position he plays in, which is not in the spotlight. We have MSN, so the other players are branded as not as great because the MSN get all the credit. Bogus IMO. Many players from this Barca team are world class as of now, including Dani Alves, Pique, Busquets, Rakitic, Bravo.

So Bravo is world class, but MaTS isn't? Interesting. But then you also believe Turan to be of the same class as Vidal... ;)

Richard.H

:lol: at people judging Turan's and Vidal's ability by their transfer fees.

Is David Luiz the best CB in the world as well as he was the most expensive?

Or Rakitic only half the player Turan is because the former cost half of the latter?

Obviously Vidal has been a better player than Turan. Arda has been superb since Simeone (or maybe because - we don't know yet) while Vidal has been amazing at Leverkusen and Juventus under different managers while being more consistent.

Whether Vidal would be a better fit than Turan at Barca is an entirely different and irrelevant question.

Vidal is an excellent player and better than Arda for me IMO.

What I don't understand is that Vidal is not a Pep type player at all. In fact he would fit like a glove for our mid. I'm sure Pep has some weird plans for him that will make a lot of Bayern fans angry. I'm putting my bets on Vidal playing at the back 4.

serghei

So Bravo is world class, but MaTS isn't? Interesting. But then you also believe Turan to be of the same class as Vidal... ;)

Yes, I think Turan is of the same caliber as Vidal, so do many others (not necessarily Barca fans, but people who watch La Liga regularly), you can be sure of that. Bravo is a better keeper than Stegen at this moment in time, but I've always said Stegen is more talented and has more potential. Bravo is more consistent and he gives the team more security. He didn't make one single big mistake in 37 games. That's impressive. His Copa America only proved again he is a word class, a top 10 keeper based on this season (I'd have him after Neuer, Buffon, De Gea and Curtois myself).

What I don't understand is that Vidal is not a Pep type player at all. In fact he would fit like a glove for our mid. I'm sure Pep has some weird plans for him that will make a lot of Bayern fans angry. I'm putting my bets on Vidal playing at the back 4.

Or maybe Pep woke up and realised Bayern shouldn't be an imitation of 09-11 Barca.

Last edited:

Trickykid

It's funny how people are underestimating Arda. He's easily been my favorite AM player over the past few seasons - much more so than Koke, who's been recieving most of the praise in here. Add to that the fact that he seems to be tailormade for Lucho's Barca, through his great technique on the ball and fierce competetiveness.

Ah well, I suppose people will see once he gets going... Bloody hell, 2016 is far away right now.

Of course, people who'll be expecting faux badass haircuts and drunk driving, will probably be left seriously disappointed.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Vidal is an excellent player and better than Arda for me IMO.

There was an article in Germany which called it "Bayern emancipating themselves from Pep again", meaning, they are unsure whether he will extend his contract and that they felt they needed someone who would bring the rage back into their midfield, both resulting in them giving preference to what they thought would work best for Bayern, not necessarily what Pep thinks would best for a Pep team.

Home of Barca Fans