Atlético Madrid

Jenks

Apparently he was only on £17k a week at Chelsea, so Atletico might be saving a lot on wages. Wouldn't need to spend a lot to improve his situation massively.

JamDav1982

He will be on a lot more than 17k if moves to Atletico.

The agent will want the market rate for a player a club is willing to pay 40m for.

Messi983

They'll sell Samu to Chelsea if they get Alvarez.

Also Griezmann could be leaving to MLS so his wages would be off the books.

Porque

Gallagher is basically an inflated swap with Samu. Gallagher has a year on his contract.

Griezmann has to be off, maybe a Saudi transfer?

Then Felix too perhaps?

Loki

They can't really calculate with maybes, can they. If Griezmann leaves, then for the MLS I think. The rumours were always him loving NBA, US culture. An insane offer from the desert can stand in the way of course, but I didn't read anything in that direction.
And no one in their right mind will pay 60m for Felix Atleti is asking right now. Aside from Arabs maybe, but there are no rumours Felix wants already to end his career for money.

Porque

Fuckin bullshit phone losing my long awesome post. Anyways to answer your question. They increase their share capital. Thebes don't give a crap about this because it's not Barcelona who he blocked through failure to sign CVC.

Last month they approved 70m share capital.

2021 they approved 180m

Messi983

Reportedly still in on Javi Guerra too. They are well covered in midfield with Koke, De Paul, Gallagher, Llorente, Vermeeren and Barrios so don't see a spot for him. Maybe they will loan Vermeeren.

Messigician

Fuckin bullshit phone losing my long awesome post. Anyways to answer your question. They increase their share capital. Thebes don't give a crap about this because it's not Barcelona who he blocked through failure to sign CVC.

2021 they approved 180m
In conclusion sign CVC keep Messi and save our headache

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

2021 they approved 180m

Atletico Madrid are not structured the way we are.

They're a S.A.D. Basically a public limited company.

They can raise capital like that. We cannot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Javi Guerra deal collapsed when he was already on his way to Madrid. Now back training with Valencia.

Was reportedly only going to happen if Gallagher rejected their offer, but now they're signing him for 42m instead.
Atletico will be a serious team and threat if Simeone can make Sørloth - Alvarez work. It's a big if.

Home of Barca Fans