Aymeric Laporte

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We wanted to buy Javi Martinez as well, BUT opted out due to his big release clause.

L

linetty

I heard Bayern are in for Laporte but it's difficult for them to get him because we have a first refusal on him or something like that?!

Egert

Estonian Culé
I heard Bayern are in for Laporte but it's difficult for them to get him because we have a first refusal on him or something like that?!

Yep, some weeks ago it was rumored that some club wanted to buy him but we had first option. It was Chelsea I think. Some ex Athletic player said it.

EternTito

I'm a big fan of Laporte but I can't help think we need a tougher CB to play next to Pique, a lion to add something Puyol can no longer give to us.

I'd see Laporte as a long-term replacement for Pique, not a partner.

khaled_a_d

Yep, some weeks ago it was rumored that some club wanted to buy him but we had first option. It was Chelsea I think. Some ex Athletic player said it.

Man Cuty,and a Bilbao Journalist said that Txiki told him that Laporte signed a pre-deal with Barca

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man Cuty,and a Bilbao Journalist said that Txiki told him that Laporte signed a pre-deal with Barca

A pre-deal is simply saying, yes I will join.

You still need the club to get him here and I doubt Zubi and co would spend the money needed to bring him over. They rather want to spend 40m on Luiz....

F

Flavia

I really can't see Laporte and Luiz both coming. Unless they're really gonna spend this and next window transfer funds.

khaled_a_d

I'm a big fan of Laporte but I can't help think we need a tougher CB to play next to Pique, a lion to add something Puyol can no longer give to us.

I'd see Laporte as a long-term replacement for Pique, not a partner.

Pique is no more 21 ,he is 27 years old veteran who has won it all ,he isn't a true leader like Puyol but I don't think he need that tough personality CB beside him

I really can't see Laporte and Luiz both coming. Unless they're really gonna spend this and next window transfer funds.

Which they could, since the transfer ban could be in effect next summer. Still don't see them spending 70m+ on both Luiz and Laporte.

Galning

I can see Bartomeu spending the transfer funds for the next 40 years and then call the next boards out on how shite they are to be honest :lol:

KING XAVI

I hope we sign laporte.he is a better defender than benatia i think,defenitely quicker.an ideal transfer window would be laporte,benatia,Reus,Martinez....and that is all.cesc out,masch out,song out,alves out,jds out,bojqn out,cuenca afellay out.

Home of Barca Fans