Aymeric Laporte

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I really like him, much more than Marquinhos anyway. Negotiate it down to around 30M and sign him up already. The only 'problem' is, what to do with Bartra? Laporte is imo a better player, but Bartra is doing well - I want him to stay and improve with us. Buying Laporte and keeping Masch as fourth backup on CB and backup on DM would be the way to go. Pique + Laporte or Pique + Bartra is a good CB pairing - but if Pique would get injured I wouldn't want to get into a tough CL game with Bartra + Laporte, we need experience and the only way to go is playing Masch + Laporte/Bartra.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Athletic never negotiates. They tell you to pay the buyout or get lost. The only thing we can do is paying a bit more than the buyout so that we don't need to pay the extra in taxes. Not sure how it works out though.

ebieymjunior

I've always thought that he and Samper look alike.
sergi-samper-barca-9223000812.jpg
Laporte-con-il-Bilbao.jpg

Tomchin

Can anyone confirm that his buy-out clause is indeed 36M? I read somewhere that it could be lower, but not sure.

L

linetty

Laporte (Athletic): "Athletic gave me a lot, I feel really good here. If something happens, fine. If not, I'll fulfil my contract." [eq]
Laporte (Athletic): "I said joining Barça is a dream? Media interpreted wrongly, I was talking about succeeding Puyol, not about the club."

Would you be fine with Laporte for 36m?

ebieymjunior

No, because Puyol won the WC with Spain. Can he be Athletic Bilbao's Puyol?

Puyol is an out and out Barcelona defender, and played for the Spanish national team. Laporte isn't Spanish, so can't play for Spain, which means it can only be joining Barca and taking his place as a successor there. Makes no sense to succeed someone where he didn't play.

veryfatchocobo

Puyol is an out and out Barcelona defender, and played for the Spanish national team. Laporte isn't Spanish, so can't play for Spain, which means it can only be joining Barca and taking his place as a successor there. Makes no sense to succeed someone where he didn't play.
Oh.... he was born in France.........

Home of Barca Fans