Aymeric Laporte

Djab

Bhp7ejsMIUAAlj5f.jpg

Just enjoying his summer holidays, chillin' with Fabregas.

His hand is on Fabregas' arse. :tata1:

Cule4life

The Culest
The biggest disappointment is that we bid 40m for Marquinhos when we could have got Laporte for that amount. And laporte is young, quick and has experience in La liga. Why we didnt go for him is beyond me.(except the Brazilian factor)

F

Flavia

The biggest disappointment is that we bid 40m for Marquinhos when we could have got Laporte for that amount. And laporte is young, quick and has experience in La liga. Why we didnt go for him is beyond me.(except the Brazilian factor)

I think he was a target early on, but athletic's refusal, and then increasing his buyout, made zubi give up. I don't think he'd leave now, anyway. It would be pointless to chase him. He is very young, grateful to athletic, and it'll be good for him to stay there a couple of years more.

Cule4life

The Culest
I think he was a target early on, but athletic's refusal, and then increasing his buyout, made zubi give up. I don't think he'd leave now, anyway. It would be pointless to chase him. He is very young, grateful to athletic, and it'll be good for him to stay there a couple of years more.

Athletic refused what a surprise so :surrender:? We should have bid 36m and tempted Laporte. He then maybe extended as Barca didnt try hard for him. If he had shown serious interest im sure he would have come.

F

Flavia

Athletic refused what a surprise so :surrender:? We should have bid 36m and tempted Laporte. He then maybe extended as Barca didnt try hard for him. If he had shown serious interest im sure he would have come.

You're sure based on what? I really doubt he'd leave them this season. It's not only about money, anyway. And Laporte signing an extension was a clear sign he wanted to stay there. If he was available, many clubs would had gone for him.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is not always that simple Athletic. Even if we bid 36M we won't get him. Taxes and all will add up to it. It will be very huge sum. Plus we have to wait two more seasons to see how he develops, because that is a lot of amount. If we forget about financial terms i would have preferred Laporte over Marcos.

Cule4life

The Culest
It is not always that simple Athletic. Even if we bid 36M we won't get him. Taxes and all will add up to it. It will be very huge sum. Plus we have to wait two more seasons to see how he develops, because that is a lot of amount. If we forget about financial terms i would have preferred Laporte over Marcos.

21% tax = 43.2m. Its never gonna be simple with Athletic. So we should give up and never sign from them?

And Laporte is currently at a higher level than Marquinhos and his potential seems better to me

Icarium

Lifestealer
21% tax = 43.2m. Its never gonna be simple with Athletic. So we should give up and never sign from them?

And Laporte is currently at a higher level than Marquinhos and his potential seems better to me

It is evident that board preferred Marcos over Laporte for unknown reasons. They just tried if laporte can be signed for reasonable amount and later realized it is not possible. Who knows maybe barca still want to sign Marquihos next season (considering no ban) and that is why they did not sign Laporte.

Agreed. If we wanted a super expensive youngster, we should have gone for Laporte, since a) Marquinhos was clearly not for sale at any price and b) Laporte had a buyout clause.

JamDav1982

Agreed. If we wanted a super expensive youngster, we should have gone for Laporte, since a) Marquinhos was clearly not for sale at any price and b) Laporte had a buyout clause.

Barca dont just get any player they want and the fact that he signed a new contract in time Barca were linked with him shows he was not desperate to go anywhere else.

Probably wants a full season at CB and to develop further through CL etc before moving to a bigger club and knows the chance will come again.

F

Flavia

To keep in perspective, Marquinhos would be easier to get. Laporte wasn't in the market and didn't want to leave. Marquinhos was at least somehow tempted.

Home of Barca Fans