Aymeric Laporte

Alarcón

We can always agree to pay them 0.01 less than the total amount to avoid taxes (if they agree of course), which you only have to pay if the clause is triggered IIRC. That's why Illaramendi cost more than Isco (38 vs 30), since Sociedad held on to the clause while Malaga accepted +- 30 for Isco (they had to sell at that point...).

It doesn't work this way. If they even entertained the idea of selling him, they would ask for more than the clause, but still less than we would have to pay with taxes. That's why Bayern gave us 25m for Thiago when his clause was 18m. There's no reason for any club to consider less than the buyout clause if they know the other club with pay the buyout anyway.

I doubt the 21% figure is true btw. Normally you give the player a certain amount of money which he then deposits himself to buy himself out of the contract. Any way of giving the player that particular sum involves taxes, taxes that are different for every country. The standard tax is around 50% in most European countries which would in reverse be 100% of the clause. So, either you pay a massive amount of taxes, or you find a loophole. And god knows the club is already in enough shit to have another questionable transfer deal at their hands.

Antimadridista1

IMO we should invest on this guy just like Madrid did with Ramos nine years ago.
Maybe not this year, but in 2016 when our ban will be over… if he's still at Bilbao though.

khaled_a_d

I think it was good decision not to sign him now
While he has all the tools to be gr8 CB he isn't there yet IMO ,at least not for a club like us .I think he is 2-3 years away from being good enough as he need to elevate his overall game
I was always impressed more by his teammates in defense

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I think it was good decision not to sign him now
While he has all the tools to be gr8 CB he isn't there yet IMO ,at least not for a club like us .I think he is 2-3 years away from being good enough as he need to elevate his overall game
I was always impressed more by his teammates in defense

Huh? Gurpegi (his supposedly "more impressive teammate") was nothing short of trash yesterday as he has been this season. Laporte won 8 tackles total yesterday and was crucial in keeping Barca for a majority of the match, but he did slip up in the last 10 minutes when conceding. The error downplayed what was a brilliant game and up until that point he was every bit as good if not better than Mathieu (the other best CB performance). This was the first blatant error I've seen him make in a while and his overall game (passing, positioning, aerial ability, physicality) has been spot on. He is great, maybe not world class yet, but easily great.

khaled_a_d

I think you are being harsh on Gurpegi ,but he isn't the one I meant ,I was talking about Balenziaga whome I felt has covereed Laporte more than Laporte covered him which is weired ,along the defensive effort from the whole team
I didn't like what I've seen from him yesterday that much ,Yes the potential is obvious but he is in many times watching the game rather than playing it,he is doing everything well but not spectecular yet ,th potential is there but he is still a project and is scratching the surface of what he can be

Leo_Messi

it is so sad that we did not buy this guy during the summer. He is the perfect long-term replacement of Puyol. So much talent.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

42m buyout. I don't see us ever buying him tbh.

He is worth every penny. If the board was willing to pay 20 million euros for a 31 year old chain smoker (Mathieu) that recently got converted into a central defender then they should also be prepared to pay this much for a future great that could potentially lead our defense for the next 10 years at least.

RM did a similar stunt with Ramos and I doubt that they regret doing that. That was 9 years ago.

But instead our "marvelous" board paid almost the same amount of money for Mathieu and Vermaelen when they instead could have spent that on Laporte.

:lucho::worthy::zubi:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He is worth every penny. If the board was willing to pay 20 million euros for a 31 year old chain smoker (Mathieu) that recently got converted into a central defender then they should also be prepared to pay this much for a future great that could potentially lead our defense for the next 10 years at least.

RM did a similar stunt with Ramos and I doubt that they regret doing that. That was 9 years ago.

But instead our "marvelous" board paid almost the same amount of money for Mathieu and Vermaelen when they instead could have spent that on Laporte.

:lucho::worthy::zubi:

+ we would save some on wages. Seriously, we needed Bartra to be a much bigger part of the team, we needed a young player with tons of potential like Laporte and we needed starting material RB with tons of potential for our backline (maybe also a defensive LB who could also play CB - for me it was Mathiue, but he doesn't look up for the task sadly) - we got Vermaelen, Mathiue, Douglas and we're ****** up with Montoya... No words really.

Galning

+ we would save some on wages. Seriously, we needed Bartra to be a much bigger part of the team, we needed a young player with tons of potential like Laporte and we needed starting material RB with tons of potential for our backline (maybe also a defensive LB who could also play CB - for me it was Mathiue, but he doesn't look up for the task sadly) - we got Vermaelen, Mathiue, Douglas and we're ****** up with Montoya... No words really.

They spent everything on two big name strikers two years in a row. The more you think about it the worse it becomes. Especially Douglas.. just wow.

Home of Barca Fans