Ballon d'Or 2014

Caps

There is no other explanation why they extended the voting. Blatter had just made Ronaldo angry with his remarks, everyone was talking about how FIFA favours Messi, and Ronaldo scored 4 goals in 2 games against Sweden (no other player with chances for the Ballon d'Or was playing any game at that time). They said at the time they want people to think over who they voted for, and change their vote if they want to. There is no reason anyone back then would have changed his vote from Ronaldo to the other 2 players, only the other way around, and they knew that of course. If Cristiano was already leading, there would have been no reason to extend the voting as they knew he would win regardless. That's no proof, but it's the only viable explanation to me. I don't see any other reason to extend such a voting when they had never done it before and probably won't do it for a long time now.

:goodpost:
I'm still not over it. As in, I still can't believe it happened. Its nothing short of a disgrace tbh

Leo_Messi

Do people still care about this individual trophy? Since FIFA became part of the Ballon d'Or it has evolved into a joke. Best exemplified by last years decision to extend the voting for 1-2 weeks.

The Ballon d'Or is not what it once was and should change its name as well.

Something along "FIFA's popularity contest XXXX"

I could personally not care less.

mazp

Do people still care about this individual trophy? Since FIFA became part of the Ballon d'Or it has evolved into a joke. Best exemplified by last years decision to extend the voting for 1-2 weeks.

The Ballon d'Or is not what it once was and should change its name as well.

Something along "FIFA's popularity contest XXXX"

I could personally not care less.

I do. It's all about legacy, and how you will be remembered. Also, let's face it, if Messi was a shoo-in for the award, we would be all over it. lol

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I do. It's all about legacy, and how you will be remembered. Also, let's face it, if Messi was a shoo-in for the award, we would be all over it. lol

Shut up! It's only a meaningful trophy if our team/player wins it! :mou:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Who cares about the player award too much anyway. I know it's a bit funny coming from me opening this thread, but everyone's sick of the whole Ronaldo vs. Messi thing. Th manager award is where it's interesting. DieGOD Simeone has to win it.

Alik

Who cares about the player award too much anyway. I know it's a bit funny coming from me opening this thread, but everyone's sick of the whole Ronaldo vs. Messi thing. Th manager award is where it's interesting. DieGOD Simeone has to win it.

Indeed, I really hope he does. Will be disappointed if Low/Ancelloti win.

Morten

Low will probably win it, but Simeone should be the only choice here.

Morten

Low will probably win it, but Simeone should be the only choice here.

DrPepper

It will probably be

1. Löw
2. Ancelotti
3. Simeone

though. Or even Pep before Simeone.

Yeah...

Löw wins Manager of the Year despite only "playing" in the World Cup. Which means heavy emphasis on the WC.

While Ronaldo wins Player of the Year despite being shit in the World Cup.

:rolleyes:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Probably because it's more of a popularity contest. Bayern did dominate the side though, didn't they get 5 spots? I'd say none of them were undeserving of their places.

4. Lahm with the 3rd most votes of all. Lahm, Neuer, Robben and Alaba. Although you can Kroos too, I guess.

Home of Barca Fans