Barca draws Man City

Ghost

That is a big task when we only have 1 DM. Good as Aguero is, he is no Messi, no one is.

I think you are favourites because all your players have been there, done that. This is the first time we've even qualified for the knockout stages. Experience is big in the CL. If we win it's because all our players played their best games and Barca aren't playing their best, IMO.
Not a single player on our squad is in the form of his life at the moment. All are in massive decline. We're just names.

Maybe alexis, but he will fold eventually..

F

Flavia

Not a single player on our squad is in the form of his life at the moment. All are in massive decline. We're just names.

Aren't you a positive one... the 1st game is in february, there's a lot to happen till then. And Barça players are not a bunch of old zombies or anything like that.

Ghost

^I don't think 2 months will suddenly transform Pique to a world-class CB, turn Alba to a great defensive LB or bring back Iniesta/Xavi/Alves/Pedro to thier old form.

But we will see..

F

Flavia

^I don't think 2 months will suddenly transform Pique to a world-class CB, turn Alba to a great defensive LB or bring back Iniesta/Xavi/Alves/Pedro to thier old form.

But we will see..

Pique has been performing well. So is Xavi, when properly rested. Iniesta is a big game player, I doubt he'd underperform. Also, Messi, Neymar, Alexis... There's really no need for the doom and gloom. This team is not ordinary.

PhilS

Barca has to face two very different Man Cities. The home team has been glorious on offense, only Bayern has contained them. Barca will do well to stay within two.

Nevertheless, Barca is favored to advance. City is only an average team on the road. Barca is used to winning at this level, City is in new territory.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Pique has been performing well. So is Xavi, when properly rested. Iniesta is a big game player, I doubt he'd underperform. Also, Messi, Neymar, Alexis... There's really no need for the doom and gloom. This team is not ordinary.

i agree. we do have all the ingredients to face city. i think it will come down to how tata plays tactically.

neo_wolf

Seems every anayst outside of Barcelona thinks City will thrash Barca.
If Messi is 100% he and Neymar will show them the truth.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Seems every anayst outside of Barcelona thinks City will thrash Barca.
If Messi is 100% he and Neymar will show them the truth.

City is so inconsistent that you really can't predict anything. They could be fantastic or suck in either game. Those analysts must be assuming City will be at their best...

Elite-BkD

We're better all over the pitch, and with more experience in Europe by a good margin. City advancing would be quite an upset imo.

dakeb_MCFC

Hi guys.

First of all City fans are thrilled to be competing at this level after years in the wilderness. We know Barcelona are a very strong side but we view this an opportunity to lay down a marker and measure exactly where are in our quest to become the best club team in the world ©

Maybe we are not quite at the level of Barcelona and Real and Bayern but each year we are growing stronger.

The big difference this season is the team has discovered how to enjoy football under Pellegrini. With Mancini it was too serious. Now City are playing with a lot of freedom and the goals are flowing. The tempo is very high but everyone plays with a big smile.

Yes of course we concede goals, it is to be expected with the way we play. We think we can score against anybody right now, as we proved in Munich, even after going 2-0 down. This is the hallmark of a top team. In the end Bayern were time wasting to hold onto a 2-3 defeat and that gives City immense confidence going forward.

Sure, Kompany, Yaya, and Aguero are the names you will look out for, but just as important are players like Zabaleta, Milner, and Fernandinho.

Of course we also have the Spanish trio of Silva, Navas, and Negredo who will not be overawed the occasion . This City team is probably the best I have ever seen and I have been a supporter for fifty years.

We will respect Barcelona because you have a great team and great players. Messi and Neymar are able to destroy teams.

This game is going to be so enjoyable. I think the winner will have to score at least four goals over the two legs, probably more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Bump because it only just got validated :)

suckabov

Lemon curry?

Were you also one of those who expected Real to thrash us and our 'joke' defense? They are not an easy draw, obviously, but even with our players in their current form we don't need to hide.

Hi guys.

First of all City fans are thrilled to be competing at this level after years in the wilderness. We know Barcelona are a very strong side but we view this an opportunity to lay down a marker and measure exactly where are in our quest to become the best club team in the world ©

Maybe we are not quite at the level of Barcelona and Real and Bayern but each year we are growing stronger.

The big difference this season is the team has discovered how to enjoy football under Pellegrini. With Mancini it was too serious. Now City are playing with a lot of freedom and the goals are flowing. The tempo is very high but everyone plays with a big smile.

Yes of course we concede goals, it is to be expected with the way we play. We think we can score against anybody right now, as we proved in Munich, even after going 2-0 down. This is the hallmark of a top team. In the end Bayern were time wasting to hold onto a 2-3 defeat and that gives City immense confidence going forward.

Sure, Kompany, Yaya, and Aguero are the names you will look out for, but just as important are players like Zabaleta, Milner, and Fernandinho.

Of course we also have the Spanish trio of Silva, Navas, and Negredo who will not be overawed the occasion . This City team is probably the best I have ever seen and I have been a supporter for fifty years.

We will respect Barcelona because you have a great team and great players. Messi and Neymar are able to destroy teams.

This game is going to be so enjoyable. I think the winner will have to score at least four goals over the two legs, probably more.

Welcome, nice post! I hope both teams put up a good fight and the better team advances (that is, us, hopefully :p).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans