Barca draws Man City

KhaledBarca

bla bla bla bla lol ... Barca fans being so pessimistic!

They should worry, not us. NEYMAR-MESSI-ALEXIS !
I just hope our starters are fit and we'll win this tie.

Valdes
Alves Bartra Pique Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Alexis Messi Neymar

Control possession, put them under pressure and their defense will suffer.
I don't know why people want to play more defensive in an away game (especially its the 1st leg), when away goals are very important in such ties!
I prefer to lose 2-3 than 0-1!

I don't disagree, you are favourites. But can I remind you how you got on against Bayern last season?

We weren't really favorites against them, and we were in much worse form then than we are now. But I agree, even though we are favorites, it's definitely gonna be tough for us.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't disagree, you are favourites. But can I remind you how you got on against Bayern last season?

Nope, that was truly terrible - we were in a bad place and we are unfortunately still recovering from that loss. To our defense we played without a proper coach for half the season because Tito was away for treatment, Villa was terrible, Messi was injured, Pique was there physically but not really mentally etc. But we're starting to look decent again, Cesc has picked himself up another level, Pique is waking up, Sanchez is amazing atm, we have Bartra to play CB (or cover), Neymar is on another level than almost everybody beside Messi.
Anyway, this match will depend on individual form, collective form and some luck. May the best team win!

KhaledBarca

We weren't really favorites against them, and we were in much worse form then than we are now. But I agree, even though we are favorites, it's definitely gonna be tough for us.

Call it excuses whatever....

The truth:

no coach for 3 months
injuries (especially Messi, Busquets and Xavi who weren't fit)
Bayern at peak, while Barcelona worst period of the season (they peaked early last season)
3/4 goals at Allianz arena were due to referee mistakes

*Bayern were better of course and they 100% deserved to win both games but the big margin of goals was unfair.

This year its different and this team can bat any team and they will...

Kerrybai

Let's be positive. The CL is all about testing yourself against the best teams out there so let's enjoy what could be a football feast :party1:

Ghost

We are not the favourites. No idea why you guys think we are nor why you're so optimistic. If City sorted out thier defence by then, it won't be even close.

Messi is our only hope.

Last edited:

Richard.H

I said it before I'll say it again: This is the 2nd worst match up for us out of all the teams in the UCL. I'd feel more comfortable playing against RM than City.

City have all the right tools to beat Barca. Physically strong players, good at set pieces, and good at counter attacks.

IMO, I believe it has to take a special effort from Messi and/or Neymar to beat City.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys.

First of all City fans are thrilled to be competing at this level after years in the wilderness. We know Barcelona are a very strong side but we view this an opportunity to lay down a marker and measure exactly where are in our quest to become the best club team in the world ©

Maybe we are not quite at the level of Barcelona and Real and Bayern but each year we are growing stronger.

The big difference this season is the team has discovered how to enjoy football under Pellegrini. With Mancini it was too serious. Now City are playing with a lot of freedom and the goals are flowing. The tempo is very high but everyone plays with a big smile.

Yes of course we concede goals, it is to be expected with the way we play. We think we can score against anybody right now, as we proved in Munich, even after going 2-0 down. This is the hallmark of a top team. In the end Bayern were time wasting to hold onto a 2-3 defeat and that gives City immense confidence going forward.

Sure, Kompany, Yaya, and Aguero are the names you will look out for, but just as important are players like Zabaleta, Milner, and Fernandinho.

Of course we also have the Spanish trio of Silva, Navas, and Negredo who will not be overawed the occasion . This City team is probably the best I have ever seen and I have been a supporter for fifty years.

We will respect Barcelona because you have a great team and great players. Messi and Neymar are able to destroy teams.

This game is going to be so enjoyable. I think the winner will have to score at least four goals over the two legs, probably more.

Welcome to Barca forum!

Great first post, hope to see more of you guys in here for a friendly banter ;)

mazp

We are not the favourites. No idea why you guys think we are nor why you're so optimistic. If City sorted out thier defence by then, it won't be even close.

Messi is our only hope.

Then we should not show up then. Forfeit right?...sheesh.

I can see Roberto being helpful in the away leg. Roberto-Busquets-Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc. Kind of like how we used Keita under Pep. It's unlikely to happen (not to mention there's a good chance it won't work) for obvious reasons, but it's just a thought. I'm not really saying that we should play him in that game, just that his skillset would help us.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Messi is our only hope.

:lol: We have better players, bit of luck (starters stay fit = no injuries) and we have all the tools to beat Man City.

Even Arsenal with walcott upfront were able to score 3 goals at the emirates, other than the disallowed goals etc...
We need to play the Barca way, keep possession, don't let them have the ball and that's what we're good at and they won't handle the pressure (we need a fit Xavi to do that, and Tata has been giving him a good amount of rest lately which is great).

Its funny that Barcelona fans are worried about Aguero when they should be worried about playing against MESSI, NEYMAR and Alexis!
I would be much more worried to face a team like Chelsea that have the tools that could hurt us the most, sit back, park the bus and play on the counters.

mazp

:lol: We have better players, bit of luck (starters stay fit = no injuries) and we have all the tools to beat Man City.

Even Arsenal with walcott upfront were able to score 3 goals at the emirates, other than the disallowed goals etc...
We need to play the Barca way, keep possession, don't let them have the ball and that's what we're good at and they won't handle the pressure (we need a fit Xavi to do that, and Tata has been giving him a good amount of rest lately which is great).

Its funny that Barcelona fans are worried about Aguero when they should be worried about playing against MESSI, NEYMAR and Alexis!
I would be much more worried to face a team like Chelsea that have the tools that could hurt us the most, sit back, park the bus and play on the counters.

Nice post. It's like people forget that our players are winners and have made it to the Semis since 08. But one tie against Bayern who they faced with a half injured squad and no manager, suddenly were freaking spurs according to the British press.

Home of Barca Fans