Barca draws Man City

KhaledBarca

One more thing, THIS IS THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

You have to face the best teams to win the trophy, it doesn't matter at which stage. In fact, it would be much more AWESOME when you win the trophy beating the best. As a Barcelona fan, I want Barca to be back on top, #1 in the world and the only way is to beat the best " I want us to face Bayern this season", hopefully we'll qualify from this round and face them in QF or SF. We might lose again, but if we didn't face them this season we won't have the chance to beat them...

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

It's not just about the players. It's about the coaches, tactics, etc as well.
sure.. but I'm talking in general some Barca fans are already afraid of facing some of Man City players like Aguero. Yes, he's great and with Yaya two of my favorite non-Barca players. Man City have some great players, but they're forgetting that we have great players too, even better...

Barca made the semi's with three different coaches. I'd say it's more about the players.

Under Rijkaard, we had weak opponents in the round of 16 and the QF.

Under Tito, we had quite a bit of luck against PSG. We got owned in the first leg against Milan as well.

We got to the semis under all 3 coaches but our CL performances were vastly different.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Nice post. It's like people forget that our players are winners and have made it to the Semis since 08. But one tie against Bayern who they faced with a half injured squad and no manager, suddenly were freaking spurs according to the British press.
2 games in which we had every thing against us, now define this squad which is not fair!
Especially, that these players gave a lot to this club and won major trophies for Barcelona multiple times while breaking all sorts of records. Not having faith in them is a shame!

KhaledBarca

That's where you're wrong.

We have better NAMES, not PLAYERS.

Of course I'd be optimistic if Iniesta & Xavi were half as good as they were in 2010, but they aren't. Not even Leo is in-form atm.
The way you're speaking about Iniesta and Xavi, as if they are past it which I'm against [its a myth]! They've been good this season, and even better in the big games.
This is why I said, we need our starters to be fit, last season injuries didn't help...

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Under Rijkaard, we had weak opponents in the round of 16 and the QF.

Under Tito, we had quite a bit of luck against PSG. We got owned in the first leg against Milan as well.

We got to the semis under all 3 coaches but our CL performances were vastly different.
every team that have won the UCl had to face big/lesser teams in knockoutstage, also Milan in 2006 was still one of the best in Europe!
Please what luck against PSG last season, referee allowing an offside goal by Ibra which kept the tie close? or with Messi not able to play because of an injury?

mazp

That's where you're wrong.

We have better NAMES, not PLAYERS.

Of course I'd be optimistic if Iniesta & Xavi were half as good as they were in 2010, but they aren't. Not even Leo is in-form atm.

You should see the Madrid, Manchester United fans begging Iniesta not to renewal. Waiting for him to leave....

Ghost

You're too optimistic as usual, Khaled.

Oh well, let's hope you're right. But I personally think we will need something like a miraculous performance from Leo to beat them. I really hope he is fit by then.

Edit: @mazp: Obviously even at 50% he is still better than United's entire midfield.

Chainsaw

Killahead
You're too optimistic as usual, Khaled.

Oh well, let's hope you're right. But I personally think we will need something like a miraculous performance from Leo to beat them. I really hope he is fit by then.

Edit: @mazp: Obviously even at 50% he is still better than United's entire midfield.

He's not too optimistic. You're just too pessimistic! Calling Manchester City the favorites against Barcelona, 4 times Champions League winner and Spain champions with some of the best of the best players in the world at their side, beside having the best player in the world Messi, against a team who is just at this stage for the first time with no experience at all about it, with a coach that has a poor record against Barcelona. Well...I donno what you're on about.

DinhoR10

I don't disagree, you are favourites. But can I remind you how you got on against Bayern last season?

Unfourtunately for you guys this time Messi will be fine, Busi will be fine, We'll have 2 CBs, We'll have a in form LW and RW and hopefully a non tired Xavi/Cesc.

jairzinho

There's lots of confidence in the City camp, from Pellegrini and the fans etc. Been reading his interviews and browsing through the forums. They seem to be very upbeat about playing us and winning. Let them continue to be naive. That's always a good omen.

CityFanInPeace

We are not the favourites. No idea why you guys think we are nor why you're so optimistic. If City sorted out thier defence by then, it won't be even close.

Messi is our only hope.

That is a big task when we only have 1 DM. Good as Aguero is, he is no Messi, no one is.

I think you are favourites because all your players have been there, done that. This is the first time we've even qualified for the knockout stages. Experience is big in the CL. If we win it's because all our players played their best games and Barca aren't playing their best, IMO.

Ghost

@Razor: History is irrelevant.
There's lots of confidence in the City camp, from Pellegrini and the fans etc. Been reading his interviews and browsing through the forums. They seem to be very upbeat about playing us and winning. Let them continue to be naive. That's always a good omen.
They're not naive. They just know our defence is a joke. I've been reading bluemoon and that's the only thing they're talking about: our defence.

Home of Barca Fans