Barca draws Man City

Theconomist

yh we cab blized them. bayern were terrible defensively that match and city were very motivated , some people forget that when Messi is motivated .. its game over.

Pretty much, in form Messi is all we need. It's all any team needs to be honest haha. But putting aside our joker, we need Pedro to stay on form and Neymar to be as hungry as ever. Puyol definitely shouldn't play, I don't want to see him vs Navas or Aguero.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
The only thing I fear about City is the amount of goals they have scored at the Etihad this season. If we come away from the Etihad unscathed, then we can win the whole tie with the home leg.

big_man

The only thing I fear about City is the amount of goals they have scored at the Etihad this season. If we come away from the Etihad unscathed, then we can win the whole tie with the home leg.

Ironically, for me at least, this will be our biggest advantage. Manchester United are a mediocre team these days, either that or they're vastly underperforming, i'll say its a mix of both. Spurs are even worse.The only fairly good team they faced at home this season in the PL was Arsenal. I said this at the start of the season when everybody was jocking their team, but I don't rate Arsenal as much as many do on here, this team of theirs isn't a patch on their 07-09 team. The quality of the top 4-5 teams in that league has just dropped drastically, making city's exploits, despite impressive, much more than it is. Even then, Arsenal put 5 legitimate goals past City, with two wrongly disallowed.

I say its our biggest advantage because I get the feeling their high goal scoring at home will give them a false sense of confidence that they can attack carelessly. Though this Barca team has a relatively weaker midfield and defence compared to Pep's team, it's still considerably better as a unit than City's and the team as a whole is much more ruthless against teams that leave space behind, we have seen this so many times this season. IMO, I don't think it'll be as difficult as many are predicting if we get all our players back.

Last edited:

Ghosting

I hope Tata is spending his day watching the City Liverpool game, you can clearly see the problems that Kompanys pressing on a top player like Suarez causes for the City defence.

DinhoR10

Just watched City vs Liverpool and I'm far from impressed if not for a bad linesman and some piss poor finishing City would have lost. They don't look like much of a threat of course Aguero might change that.

Neymessi

City played well but Liverpool should have won it. Too many chances missed by Liverpool . Coutinho 1 on 1 miss, retarded linesman,anderson miss,sterling miss,suarez shot on goal dsefended by another Liverpool player. Liverpool should have won it but Manc did not have aguero so.....

big_man

Just watched City vs Liverpool and I'm far from impressed if not for a bad linesman and some piss poor finishing City would have lost. They don't look like much of a threat of course Aguero might change that.

Their high line will get ripped apart if that's all they can muster defensively. Neymar, Messi, Sanchez and Pedro are the last players in world football you want to allow that kind of luxury.

Messi_Goal

Wow, Man City could not deal with Liverpool's quick passing around the box.Just think what a fully fit Messi and Barcelona team might do.....Not impressed with Man City at all.
Roll on the first leg.

Ghosting

They are a threat going forward that is no doubt, but their defence really can't handle diagonal runs made by the wingers and midfielders nor can they seem to cope with quick passing or individual skill. And as I've said a few times before Kompany presses really high and a couple of times Suarez managed to turn him and start a break. I think we might have some players who can cause them some problems :messi: :neymar:

messid10s

Should have been a draw, Liverpool showed the way forward if Henderson, Lucas and Allen can hold their own imagine what Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta will do. After seeing Sterling playing vs them Pedro/Sanchez will be key in opening them up. Of course we have :messi: as well.

DinhoR10

They are a threat going forward that is no doubt, but their defence really can't handle diagonal runs made by the wingers and midfielders nor can they seem to cope with quick passing or individual skill. And as I've said a few times before Kompany presses really high and a couple of times Suarez managed to turn him and start a break. I think we might have some players who can cause them some problems :messi: :neymar:

From what I've seen kompany won't be able to handle messi and zabaleta isnt going to be able to handle neymar. Imo english teams look good in the epl because they get to play with so much space thats why spanish playmakers look so much better over there but I doubt they'll get the ball from iniesta-busi-xavi.

messid10s

City play won't be able to play such as high line against us otherwise we will pick them off at ease. If only we had a prime :puyol: i'd say no problem City aren't like Chelsea without the ball. So long as the worst possible result is us losing by 1 goal at the Etihad we will turn them over at the Camp Nou.

Home of Barca Fans