Barca draws Man City

Leo10

City will be favorites at home, Barca favorite at the Camp Nou.

I can see it end 2-2 or 3-3 on agg, winner based on away goals or extra time. :rosell:

DinhoR10

The tie is 50/50, a flip of a coin.

The tie is going to finish with ridiculous scorelines (something like 7-5 or 7-6 on agg), everyone knows that due to both teams superior attacks and both teams weak defenses and when you take all this into account, how anyone supporting Barcelona can be confident about this tie makes makes no sense.. Barcelona fans being arrogant or confident because of what they were 2 years ago is is like United fans still be arrogant and confident about this seasons team because they won the league last season.

If i was a Barcelona fan i would have a face like :tata1: more so than :party1: after watching City blowing teams away this season, all this confidence and arrogance I'm reading on here is bonkers and delusional.

You see you keep saying we're underating City but you're underrating Barca:

1) Our defense is the second best in europe

2) Our Attack quality wise is better than yours Messi > All your forwards combined and thats not exaggerating.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You see you keep saying we're underating City but you're underrating Barca:

1) Our defense is the second best in europe

2) Our Attack quality wise is better than yours Messi > All your forwards combined and thats not exaggerating.

In before Jayuk uses statistics to say that Messi hasn't scored as many goals as Negredo/Jovetic/Dzeko/Nasri/Navas/Silva combined in 2014. :troll:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I hope your manager and players are that naive ;)

It's good you know.

Jayuk, actually JamDav1982 is right. Most of what you see in here is a response to unfortunately certain members who call themselves Barca fans yet most of the time are either trolling or deadly pessimistic. And they have been overrating Man City to a point that it looks like City is gonna walk all over Barcelona. I remember some were saying Man City is the WORST possible opponents for Barca! lol

It's good you know.

Jayuk, actually JamDav1982 is right. Most of what you see in here is a response to unfortunately certain members who call themselves Barca fans yet most of the time are either trolling or deadly pessimistic. And they have been overrating Man City to a point that it looks like City is gonna walk all over Barcelona. I remember some were saying Man City is the WORST possible opponents for Barca! lol

Not saying we don't have a chance or anything, but they were the worst opponents we could have gotten. Easily.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Not saying we don't have a chance or anything, but they were the worst opponents we could have gotten. Easily.

The worst opponent for Barca is a team that play tight or as people say park the bus. A team that gives minimum space, Not a team like City. Far from it.

The worst opponent for Barca is a team that play tight or as people say park the bus. A team that gives minimum space, Not a team like City. Far from it.

So... among City, Leverkusen, Galatasaray, Olympiacos, Schalke, Arsenal and Zenit, City aren't the worst opponent we could have gotten? Ok.

No one said that they're the worst opponent in the world for us, just the worst we could have been drawn against.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
So... among City, Leverkusen, Galatasaray, Olympiacos, Schalke, Arsenal and Zenit, City aren't the worst opponent we could have gotten? Ok.

No one said that they're the worst opponent in the world for us, just the worst we could have been drawn against.

CL was never supposed to be a walk in the park. Hoping to avoid tougher opponents specially when you're a Barca fan is chicken mentality. And it's not like City is even superior to Barca that some went chickenshit about facing City.

suckabov

Lemon curry?

I agree with Razor; we're usually having more problems with teams that park the bus and don't try to play against us at all. While City is currently probably the best team of all the possible opponents, they will try to outplay us and be more open. That and their mediocre defence will make lives easier for Messi and Neymar.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I agree with Razor; we're usually having more problems with teams that park the bus and don't try to play against us at all. While City is currently probably the best team of all the possible opponents, they will try to outplay us and be more open. That and their mediocre defence will make lives easier for Messi and Neymar.

Bayern, Athletic & Ajax disagree...Just like under Pep's Barcelona, the best defense can often be the one with the most lethal attack & high pressure

Chainsaw

Killahead
Bayern, Athletic & Ajax disagree...Just like under Pep's Barcelona, the best defense can often be the one with the most lethal attack & high pressure

And City will press with who exactly? Toure? Silva? Aguero? Kolarov? Demichelis? Those matches you mentioned each had a different story. And Barca weren't sharp enough in any of those matches, to begin with. Same could happen against City, but barely has anything to do with how the opponent played.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And City will press with who exactly? Toure? Silva? Aguero? Kolarov? Demichelis? Those matches you mentioned each had a different story. And Barca weren't sharp enough in any of those matches, to begin with. Same could happen against City, but barely has anything to do with how the opponent played.

Yaya isn't playing in that front trident...It'll be Negredo & Kun but Silva, Fernandinho & Yaya will release them whenever they pick up the ball

Of course all those opponents brought different things to the matches but the similar theme was high pressing with players who were sharp on the ball and winning everything in the midfield

J

Jayuk

I keep checking for Aguero updates. As a neutral i want to see both teams at full strength, would be a shame if he missed the first leg.

Tie like this the best players need to be on the pitch so there's no excuses and to find out who really is the best.

Home of Barca Fans