Barca draws Man City

frog-fcb

I cant see why everyone is so worried bout city they can have a few bad days and we also have a pretty gd record against english teams

DinhoR10

I'm not worried we're currently on an upward swing form wise, I don't know if we'll be 100% but once neymar remains a threat and frees up space for messi and iniesta gives us atleast 80% we'll win.

R

RomarioCBF12

Great, im sick of BPL fans saying neymar goals wont count until he does it against a bpl team. Well, they just got there wish. There going to get crushed.

Ghost

I think we will be fine. City is no more powerful than Madrid and we beat Madrid pretty convincingly given the fact that we had the chance to make 3-0 in the end of the match. We looked sharp in the clasico and that means the team fights hard to win again in big matches. We have now what we missed last season and that is the right attitude to win.

Xavi and Iniesta have both stepped up a gear in recent matches and at moments we press really intense, like we used to. We play a lot better than last year IMO. Pedro is sharp, Alexis is a star at the moment, Nemar looks good too and Messi is Messi. Busi plays as good as he's ever played for us, Iniesta is gradually comming back to form, Dani Alves is on his way up since last season and Pique is starting to show this season why he was once called one of the best centre-backs in the world.

We're looking good physically too. Players seem to enjoy football at the moment, I'm looking confident to every game. I think we are the best team in the league, slightly ahead of Madrid and Atletico and we should expect the City tie with maximum confidence, because we are still the team everyone wants to beat. They're great, we are better, we'll see what happens.
You're in up for a rude awakening call. Believe me, we are not as good as you think.

Maria

I think we will be fine. City is no more powerful than Madrid and we beat Madrid pretty convincingly given the fact that we had the chance to make 3-0 in the end of the match. We looked sharp in the clasico and that means the team fights hard to win again in big matches. We have now what we missed last season and that is the right attitude to win.

Xavi and Iniesta have both stepped up a gear in recent matches and at moments we press really intense, like we used to. We play a lot better than last year IMO. Pedro is sharp, Alexis is a star at the moment, Nemar looks good too and Messi is Messi. Busi plays as good as he's ever played for us, Iniesta is gradually comming back to form, Dani Alves is on his way up since last season and Pique is starting to show this season why he was once called one of the best centre-backs in the world.

We're looking good physically too. Players seem to enjoy football at the moment, I'm looking confident to every game. I think we are the best team in the league, slightly ahead of Madrid and Atletico and we should expect the City tie with maximum confidence, because we are still the team everyone wants to beat. They're great, we are better, we'll see what happens.

I agree with most of the things you said, except with the fact that we beat RM convincigly. That it was a good win but it was mostly because we came after horrible loses against them..convincigly I thought that they got beaten by Atletico and at Bernabeu, not by us. Also, despite the fact that we look very good right now, in the past years February was always a month when the team suffered at fitness level. But like you said, we have the better team and we should approach this tie with maximum confidence.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
We will be fine. This team is too good to fear anybody. Respect always, but were not in shambles by any stretch in fact many things are falling into place. Alexis, Pique, Neymar etc.. Tata's style feels more integrated now. We good. We good. I just hope I can see a great football match. A worthy clash of titans, no bullshit.

Ron Weasley

We will be fine. This team is too good to fear anybody. Respect always, but were not in shambles by any stretch in fact many things are falling into place. Alexis, Pique, Neymar etc.. Tata's style feels more integrated now. We good. We good. I just hope I can see a great football match. A worthy clash of titans, no bullshit.

I think it will be an amazing tie. Both teams are massively better at attacking than defending, so I can see lots of goals being scored. Should be fun :)

Messi_Goal

the schedule has us playing FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano
League - Round 24 Sun 02/16/2014 then
Manchester City - FC Barcelona
Champions League - 1/8 1st leg Tue 02/18/2014 20:45
Will the Rayo Vallecano game be brought forward to the sat
I looked at the Man City fixtures and apparently they have a week off before the first leg that would be a huge advantage for them.

Ghosting

the schedule has us playing FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano
League - Round 24 Sun 02/16/2014 then
Manchester City - FC Barcelona
Champions League - 1/8 1st leg Tue 02/18/2014 20:45
Will the Rayo Vallecano game be brought forward to the sat
I looked at the Man City fixtures and apparently they have a week off before the first leg that would be a huge advantage for them.

The weekend before we play them is an FA cup weekend, so if City get to the 5th round which you would expect then they will have a game, although depending on the game, they will most likely be able to rest most if not all their team. It will also be quarter-final weekend before the 2nd leg.

dakeb_MCFC

The weekend before we play them is an FA cup weekend, so if City get to the 5th round which you would expect then they will have a game, although depending on the game, they will most likely be able to rest most if not all their team. It will also be quarter-final weekend before the 2nd leg.

The team that plays the FA Cup games will bear very little resemblance to the one Barcelona will face. At least eight changes as Pellegrini rotates his squad.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Vapor

Very well said my friend, I think everything you said is right on.

City is no doubt a very worthy adversary right now. They are a great team. But when THIS team (Barca) plays at its very best, it is nearly unstoppable. We have a team of living legends playing right now. If Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Xavi, Iniesta/Fabregas, Busquets, and the defense comes out in top form, everyone playing at their sharpest, that is a VERY strong force to defeat. Especially if we play our tiki taka and possession game as good as we are capable of playing it... as good as we played it in the Pep era. If they don't have the ball, they can't use their great offense to score against us. Our flawless possession game and attacking play was always our best defense... (and having a 100% Puyol, 100% Pique and awesome Abidal helped a lot as well lol) if we bring our possession, our tiki taka and our creative, decisive attacking play near its 100% potential, we have a very good chance of winning this.

The one thing that does concern me is that their attack really is quite good, and has a lot of firepower and creativity to it. They are also a danger in the air as well, being physically bigger. But I am confident that if we play Barcelona football.... keep the ball away from the opponent all while fiercely, gracefully attacking, then we have every chance of getting the ball into the back of the net as they do. And if Messi is back and anything close to this 100% or even 90% best... well, we all know what THAT is like. And now Neymar is flourishing and will be alongside him up front attacking the goal as well.

This will truly be a beautiful game. I couldn't be happier with the draw. Going to be such an intense round of 16 in my opinion... has the makings to be some great football. :D

Last edited:

collie

Bayern taught City a lesson at our ground, we learned from it, City fan's know that our team is inconsistent, but improving!We have all watched in awe of the wonderful football Barca have played over the last decade, and fully expected you to win the CL last year, but the German teams proved stronger. When we beat BM away from home they had a 2 goal lead after 12 mins, but football is all about momentum, especially English football( just look at LFC's come back from 0-3 down in 2005) City fans don't expect to win this tie in the slightest, we expect to have 2 great games of football, and may the best team win!

Home of Barca Fans