Barca kits (new 2024-2025)

Maradona37

We need to have a serious discussion about the stupid kit rule of UEFA and FIFA in NT competition, and the dangerous trend developing:

UEFA FIFA have imposed team to dress in color block, preferably one team in a light color block, the other in a dark one. Supposedly that makes it easier for fans with sight problems or so...
Well, the problem is that this regulation is RIDICULOUS and blown over the top, exaggerating the potentially minor existing problems for people with sight issues.

Recently, we watched a WC final (Argentina France) where BOTH teams COULD have worn their 1st kit without any problem because there was no clash whatsoever. In this tournament, England has played only once in their default navy shorts. Germany is OUT and NEVER got to wear their 1st kit black shorts, even though they played against teams like Switzerland (!) or Denmark (!) with red and white 1st kit shorts respectively.
France are yet to wear their 1st TRICOLOR kit in this tournament. Same with Argentina in Copa America always wearing white shorts
We even saw Spain FFS in the Qatar WC to wear red shorts!

Someone has to put an end to this madness.
It erodes the history of the National teams. Kits represent a history and a tradition and they are not a child's play to mess up at will.
England shorts are NAVY, full stop
Spain shorts are NAVY, full stop
Argentina shorts are BLACK, full stop
Germany shorts are BLACK
They should ONLY change when it's absolutely necessary and there is a real color clash!

STOP IT NOW!
Yeah it has been like this since about Euro 2004. It annoys me too. I noticed that about France too - they've worn their away kit in four of five games I believe.

The home kit can have a psychological effect on the team as well, during play. Sounds daft but it does. A team will likely fear the Dutch more when they wear orange, for example. I understand them wearing dark against Romania, because orange/yellow is a clash, but when they wear it when there's no clash?

The thing is, sometimes they totally overlook this light and dark thing. Albania played in red and black and Italy in blue when they met in the first round of group games. It seems they drop it now and then.

I know the reasoning for it - there are people in impoverished nations still watching in black and white, or people who are colour blind, but come on.

Birdy

Yeah it has been like this since about Euro 2004. It annoys me too. I noticed that about France too - they've worn their away kit in four of five games I believe.

The home kit can have a psychological effect on the team as well, during play. Sounds daft but it does. A team will likely fear the Dutch more when they wear orange, for example. I understand them wearing dark against Romania, because orange/yellow is a clash, but when they wear it when there's no clash?

The thing is, sometimes they totally overlook this light and dark thing. Albania played in red and black and Italy in blue when they met in the first round of group games. It seems they drop it now and then.

I know the reasoning for it - there are people in impoverished nations still watching in black and white, or people who are colour blind, but come on.

True, but still in black and white TVs, red for instance can be distinguished from blue or black very well

The only problem is the red clash with green for colorblind people, which should be addressed of course but in the particular games it happens

What they do instead is they invent ridiculous and unnecessary rules that tarnish the history of some kits of big NTs

Maradona37

True, but still in black and white TVs, red for instance can be distinguished from blue or black very well

The only problem is the red clash with green for colorblind people, which should be addressed of course but in the particular games it happens

What they do instead is they invent ridiculous and unnecessary rules that tarnish the history of some kits of big NTs
Good points. I agree. It is stupid.

Birdy

Another kit crime tonight.
France changed to white AWAY kit in block colour, because supposedly there was some clash with Spain's red shirt and blue shorts🤷‍♂️

GSDEKvUbkAA4GIc

Here is how they used to do it in the past: not changing even a bit of their 1st kits

Last edited:

Maradona37

Yeah, France wore their home shirt once in the tournament I believe. IN SIX GAMES.

This is because they were the designated 'fourth team' in their group, so were only the 'home' team vs Poland.

Then from there on out they were the 'away' team in QFs and SFs. They were the 'home' team vs Belgium, but they obviously felt the greatest contrast was between France's white and Belgium's red; they must have felt Belgium's gold/yellow whatever colour that away kit is interfered with France's blue.

So France got to wear their famous blue once in this tournament. I was supporting Spain but a silver lining had France won tonight is they'd have worn blue in the final (against England's white, though it would have been all blue vs all white, or Netherlands orange).

Birdy

Yeah, France wore their home shirt once in the tournament I believe. IN SIX GAMES.

This is because they were the designated 'fourth team' in their group, so were only the 'home' team vs Poland.

Then from there on out they were the 'away' team in QFs and SFs. They were the 'home' team vs Belgium, but they obviously felt the greatest contrast was between France's white and Belgium's red; they must have felt Belgium's gold/yellow whatever colour that away kit is interfered with France's blue.

So France got to wear their famous blue once in this tournament. I was supporting Spain but a silver lining had France won tonight is they'd have worn blue in the final (against England's white, though it would have been all blue vs all white, or Netherlands orange).

Someone save us from this kit lunacy

Maradona37

Someone save us from this kit lunacy
I understand the reasons for it but it has been annoying me for a while. The Premier League don't do this and it's by far the most watched league in the world with hundreds of millions of eyes on it every week.

I wanna watch Spain in red and France in blue.

Maradona37

@Birdy

Kit lunacy in the Copa America now. Uruguay wearing their all white kit when they could easily wear blue shirts and black shorts and socks against Colombia's yellow shirts, blue shorts and red socks.

Maradona37

@Birdy

after some research, are we being too harsh?

I know you made some points earlier about different extremes of colour blindness, but it feels a bit like we are discriminating against them here. 1 in 12 men are colour blind because of recessive gene combinations (only 1 in 200 women because they have an extra X chromosome, and X carries the mutation, I am sure you know all this anyway).

All I am saying is it is more prevalent than I thought. I really would love to watch Spain vs France in red vs blue, but if stuff like that makes it harder to watch for those people are we being selfish? Everyone should be included and able to enjoy events. On the other hand, there's also a tradition to football that needs to be upheld and part of that is teams wearing their classic kits.

It's difficult to say.

Gnidrologist

Does the kit lunacy really stems from pandering to yet another minority? How about those with down syndrome? Maybe need to force football be less complex and just kick the ball back and forth instead of intricate passing so that mentally retarded could get into it too?

Birdy

@Birdy

after some research, are we being too harsh?

I know you made some points earlier about different extremes of colour blindness, but it feels a bit like we are discriminating against them here. 1 in 12 men are colour blind because of recessive gene combinations (only 1 in 200 women because they have an extra X chromosome, and X carries the mutation, I am sure you know all this anyway).

All I am saying is it is more prevalent than I thought. I really would love to watch Spain vs France in red vs blue, but if stuff like that makes it harder to watch for those people are we being selfish? Everyone should be included and able to enjoy events. On the other hand, there's also a tradition to football that needs to be upheld and part of that is teams wearing their classic kits.

It's difficult to say.

I agree that amendments have to be made for color blind people.
My point is they have gone too far with introducing regulations that are supposedly made for that purpose, but in reality they exceed it and violently violate the history and tradition of national teams.

IMO the measures should be very practical.
Can color blind people discriminate between a kit and another?
If yes, no amendments shall be made

Here is a practical tool, you can try any picture and see how it looks from the perspective of any type (8 different types )of color blindness.

Needless to say, in the example I gave above, French and Spanish 1st kits are perfectly discriminated in any type of color blindness.
download.png
Even in complete monochromatic view they look like that

Maradona37

I agree that amendments have to be made for color blind people.
My point is they have gone too far with introducing regulations that are supposedly made for that purpose, but in reality they exceed it and violently violate the history and tradition of national teams.

IMO the measures should be very practical.
Can color blind people discriminate between a kit and another?
If yes, no amendments shall be made

Here is a practical tool, you can try any picture and see how it looks from the perspective of any type (8 different types )of color blindness.

Needless to say, in the example I gave above, French and Spanish 1st kits are perfectly discriminated in any type of color blindness.
View attachment 10557
Even in complete monochromatic view they look like that
Fair enough mate - I looked at the tool and it did seem some were more severe than others. As I read there's clearly different levels to it in terms of how it affects people. I guess it's hard for people with pretty bad types of colur blindness, but we still wanna preserve the tradition of the game.

And I agree there needs to be some compromise, as the tradition of the game is very important.
Does the kit lunacy really stems from pandering to yet another minority? How about those with down syndrome? Maybe need to force football be less complex and just kick the ball back and forth instead of intricate passing so that mentally retarded could get into it too?
I know you are being facetious, but the real difference is that changing kits doesn't make much difference to how the match is played (other than the psychological elements I allude to above eg teams might be more intimidated by the Dutch when they wear orange rather than a change kit). The example you make about people with down syndrome is that is totally alters the playing of the game.

Maradona37

Yeah, I would rather see teams in their traditional kits when there is no clash for normal-sighted people personally.

At the same time though, it's good to include others too, especially with something as easy as this (wearing different coloured kits). I still prefer the classic kits.

I know you don't see it that way in terms of taking consideration of minorities, but it's still good to include people in stuff. If you were colour blind do you think you'd feel differently? You wouldn't be able to enjoy lots of games you do now.

Home of Barca Fans