Barca pre-season 2019

Ritchie

so glad we have firpo now. usually I'd be concerned that EV wont start him but he was the one who wanted him so I think we'll see him more especially with alba playing like shit nowadays.

They knew what they were signing up for tbh if they've watched Barca at all for the last couple of years.

xxxxxx

Alba is so horrible now. He used to be decent like 3 years ago, but he's definitely not Barcelona standard anymore.

serghei

We have very poor central combinations. We go wide way way too often. Can't Valverde see that teams basically invite us to pass wide by being compact in the middle. Instead of going wide all the time, we should start to think about how to develop passing combinations in the middle, on short spaces.

Bypassing every time a team defends well in the center is not a very very good solution.

xxxxxx

We have very poor central combinations. We go wide way way too often. Can't Valverde see that teams basically invite us to pass wide by being compact in the middle. Instead of going wide all the time, we should start to think about how to develop passing combinations in the middle, on short spaces.

The only 3 players that can pass it properly are Messi, de Jong and Arthur.

serghei

Dembele is a disaster so far. Teams don't even pay him much respect these days. They know his limitations. If we had Neymar teams would never be so narrow and allow him so much time wide. But we don't. Dembele and that other guy are allowing Arsenal to crowd the middle without caring for the wings.

Donatello

Bypassing every time a team defends well in the center is not a very very good solution.

Isn't that called Tiki-Taka?

I heard a team called Barcelona won a sextuple with it.

serghei

Isn't that called Tiki-Taka?

I heard a team called Barcelona won a sextuple with it.

Another Barcelona. This one is more static and positional. They simply play where there is space to play, instead of forcing the issues and imposing their own will on teams they face.

cro-man

I like puig and i think if we give him more chances he could turn into a great player. I was surprised that his pressing is great as well and pretty effective.

serghei

I pretty much think Valverde is an average manager, but his style would work with peak MSN, who could take the given space and cause havoc individually in those areas.

Not saying much though, since peak MSN would make any average manager look very good.

Donatello

Another Barcelona. This one is more static and positional. They simply play where there is space to play, instead of forcing the issues and imposing their own will on teams they face.

I didn't meant to oppose you. It was a dig at the current team.

You are right, both look like completely different team.

Home of Barca Fans