Barca pre-season 2019

Ritchie

I pretty much think Valverde is an average manager, but his style would work with peak MSN, who could take the given space and cause havoc individually in those areas.

Not saying much though, since peak MSN would make any average manager look very good.

Peak MSN can make any manager look good though as you say. Lucho for example. All you need is not to be a disaster at the back and you'll just outscore everyone.

Devils

This C. Perez kid may as well change his name to Sandro Ramirez.

He's definitely going to follow a very similar career path lmao.

kattanib

Couple of things to highlight based on the first half

1. Regardless of what many of us have been saying lately, Raki is extremely valuable in midfield. He provides stability as he knows the system and his average performance is acceptable .. Raki isn’t spectacular but we have players that are adapting, young and inconsistent and having someone like Raki helps in the transformation project

2. Messis absence gives the LCAM player space and kills the sense of hierarchy in the field which is refreshing

3. Griezman is not the type of player who knocks balls in the goal from a yard or two, he needs to run from the back. If he will play as the CF, then a counter attacking style is more suitable for him. He can play as a RS or LS or LCAM easily, but will suffer if played instead of Suarez in the typical Barcelona style of play

4. Suarez also is hugely valuable because of the point above

5. Puig is oozing with David Silva type of potential and will excite the fans to see. Should be promoted and with experience he will make slightly better decisions in the field; needs a bit of experience

6. Demebele is a sad case, I even suspect that Semedo would be a better RW for us. I see Dembele as a LW option if he is to play. A combo of wide Semedo and a RS Messi or Griezman would be much better in the right side

7. Semedo was extremely impressive both attacking and defense wise. Great worl rate and decision making. Reliable and brings confidence in the right side as opposed to Dembele

8. FDJ is world class. He played as a CDM and when attacking he joined the CB as a LCB to create a formation of 343. His work rate and decision making and positioning and elegance are refreshing. Best possible person to take Busquets huge responsibility it seems

9. Umtiti is getting back gradually. Good to see him play

Last edited:

cro-man

Even a current shit team arsenal is winning against us:lol: I mean they were really shit and have gifted us a few balls right in front of the goal but we cant do anything with it.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Crowd cheering Suarez like he wasn't a fucking joke these days.... Fuck him, Rakitic, Busi, Umtiti and Alba. The players I can't stand in this team anymore.

Alik

Alba is so horrible now. He used to be decent like 3 years ago, but he's definitely not Barcelona standard anymore.

Alba was world-class the entire last season except for his brain-farts in the second leg vs Liverpool.

RIZALDINHO

I'm sure any low tier club out there would take him for free. or we should just demote him to Barca B and promote Puig instead.

well there were marcelino wants to sign him but Lim does not want to. there had a arguments over it but thats about it, so he going to be here next season

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Alba was world-class the entire last season except for his brain-farts in the second leg vs Liverpool.
Alba having brainfarts in crucial CL games, you say? Lol. Wish I could even fake being surprised at that. It's more like a certainty these days.

Home of Barca Fans