Barça Squad for 2011/2012

P

PhilS

USWAY - about the no language barrier with Alexis. He is going to be coming in with a Chilean accent. Most Argentines become instantly hostile when they hear a Chilean accent. We'll have to see how that goes with the three Argentines.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
USWAY - about the no language barrier with Alexis. He is going to be coming in with a Chilean accent. Most Argentines become instantly hostile when they hear a Chilean accent. We'll have to see how that goes with the three Argentines.[/QUOTE

just a but dramatic lol

Birdy

Pep said the other day that 'we are missing only one player, you all know who he is', indicating that apart from fabregas, no one else will be brought in this summer..

I see that this is fatal if happens..
it is clear that we should sell Milito (Fontas is already promoted) and replace maxwell.. so we need one LB in, and the two out.. IMO we should replace also pinto asap.. i dont want another Cdr final with madrid like this season's..

The new squad will look like this (for the positions mentioned i will indicate LB, GK and just ommit Milito.. Also, dont pay much attention to who is in the parenthesis.. Double entries change font color):

-----------------------Valdez(GK)---------------------------
-Dani(adriano)--Pique(Masch,Fontas)--Puyi(Fontas,Abidal)--LB(adriano,Abidal)
------------------------Busi(Masch,Keita)---------------------
-------------Xavi(fabregas)------Iniesta(Thiago,Keita)--------------
---Pedro(affelay)-----------Messi----------------------Alexis(Villa)--

we will also need one more player upfront just to fill squad(maybe soriano)..
so its a squad of 22 players (23 with soriano) + third GK +2-3 youngsteers = total 24-26 players.. Not bad at all..

And this year the bench wil be much stronger.. I dont want to see again a bench like the one this year at bernabeau CL..

Imagine everyone is healthy the bench might look like this:
GK,adriano,masch,fabregas,thiago,villa, affelay or keita)

But, i think the two, three moves i mentioned are important..

Birdy

we have pique, puyol and abidal (our best player at CB before the tumour)... MAsch and Fontas can step in when needed.. Why sign another?

Lemmi

The Reckoner
sell xavi, past it.

valdes aint all that.

never been impressed by iniesta either. pedro never scores when it counts. swap him for a player who actually delivers, like walcott.

Nure

we have pique, puyol and abidal (our best player at CB before the tumour)... MAsch and Fontas can step in when needed.. Why sign another?

In spring time is a lot of games. Puyol is old and he's playing style isn't very healty so it quite sure that he will be injured sometime, and if Pique or/and Abidal injured or suspended when important games start what then? Masch maybe can play CB but Fontas in UCL game, not this year. But we all know that any defender didn't come to Barcelona this year so why even speak that, maybe next summer... hope that Fontás learn lot of things this year and training lot and take Puyol's place sometimes. But in this season we only can hope that our injury list is shorter than last season :)

Birdy

Puyol said many times he want to play football untill 40.. He might not be able untill then, but he can play at least untill 36-37 (he is a CB)..
So 3-4 years more..

While i was saying that i read that Puyol will return in september.. But that does not change the plan.. WE can play Pique-abi on the super cups finals of august..
LB is a priority for me now.. i dont trust maxwell at all..

FiReFTW

We need a defender no matter what some people keep saying, its just ridicilous how anyone can even say our defense is fine, we have more matches this season and our defence lacks depth.

Pique = Reliable defender atm but hes not always constant, remember last season he had some bad form here and there
Abidal = Quite reliable but is quite old already and ain't getting any younger
Puyol = 33 and getting older, when he plays hes still good but he has injury problems due to his age and playing style and im sure he will be injured alot this season just like he was last season
Fontas = very young, perhaps has a future but not atm, atm he is a last ditch thing in case of many injuries, he is certainly not ready for any big matches
Mascherano = his primary position is DM, last season he played at CB a few times and he was DECENT but nothing more, he can be a back up in case of injures yes but hes not someone I want to be playing at CB much if any
Busquets = Pep keeps sticking him as a CB and it seems its the only reason he doesn't want to buy a new CB atm is because he thinks Busquets can play here in case of injuries, well only reason apart from already burning himself a bit in the past ( Chygrinsky ), but this simply won't work, he is HORRIBLE at CB, every single time he played there he did MANY errors that led to goals, it just WON'T work.

This is why we need a new defender, even if we don't buy a CB we could go for a great LB and Abidal could be played as CB permanantly ( since he seems to be pretty good there ).

But we NEED one of those and its not even up for discussion its just fact.

Birdy

WE are sort of 1 defender.. The question is will he be an LB or a CB? with maxell being as reliable as milito was this season, i think LB is a priority..
if you consider abidal a CB, we need no more CBs..
And he has made some terrific performances there last season.. As he ages also, he will be more comfortable there than at LB position..

F

Flavia

The squad has 20 players right now.

GK: Valdes, Pinto

Defenders: Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal, Adriano, Fontas, Maxwell

Midfielders: Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Mascherano, Keita, Thiago

Forwards: Messi, Villa, Pedro, Alexis, Afellay

Midfield seems full, but we have one starter and one sub for each position. Maybe we should get another forward, and promote Montoya.

rmpcsl

LB is the priority for me and we should sign a potential starter (Barça class)
Why: for CB we only have Pique Puyol(injured for now) and Abi(duo to his age and great performances last year) plus Fontas for Copa games but we still can play with Masch Batra Sergi Gomez and Botia(buy back clause in the winter market if needed)Puyol and Abi are getting older but they could play next 2 seasons and between our youngers (that are 4 or 5) there is future options.
Has for LB I really don´t see any future player for the spot Abi is needed as CB while the youngsters get mature Maxwell will leave he as not quality for Barça ans is old too Adriano can be sub but not starter in big games plus he gotta cover Dani too so Barça quality young LB like Bale or other like him is TOP PRIORITY, plus if Cesc sign I would sell Keita/Maxwell(since we already sold the other exdents in the squad) to get a top class LB.

Home of Barca Fans