Barça Squad for 2011/2012

rmpcsl

and regarding next summer if we can sign sub GK(to replace Pinto), CB like David Luiz(to replace Puyol) and Rossi(to rotate with Messi) duo to the players ages we can wait about 2/3 years with no money spend right?
Are the salaries a problem going forward?? (Cesc Sanchez Rossi David Luiz plus our current salaries)??

impeh

Hi, its me..
i find it really unlikely we will get david luiz.. unless he has an awful season, which i doubt.

we also wouldnt really need Rosii next year as Villa will still be able to play or at least rotate alot, PLUS if we dont get him, someone else probably will.. and he wont leave after one season.

but yes to the sub keeper.

Last edited:

psychotsek

Since Arsenal seem to be loosing Cesc,Nasri,Clichy and are in search for a central defender as well why don't we throw Milito,Maxwell and Afellay in the Cesc deal to lower the cost?
With Thiago's contract extension/promotion(?) and the arrival of another winger/striker (Sanchez,Mata) i can't see any of them getting many minutes next season...
Also we should think about getting Clichy,for 6m it's a great deal..

Bergkamp10

Since Arsenal seem to be loosing Cesc,Nasri,Clichy and are in search for a central defender as well why don't we throw Milito,Maxwell and Afellay in the Cesc deal to lower the cost?
With Thiago's contract extension/promotion(?) and the arrival of another winger/striker (Sanchez,Mata) i can't see any of them getting many minutes next season...

No thanks we have enough shit defenders....We're already signing Gary Cahill so we don't need another CB now. I'd take Afellay though but clearly the deal will be pure cash

As for Clichy, he's abysmal. He's also signing for Man City although I genuinely have no idea why they're signing him when they could get so much better. The thought of him playing for Barcelona :lol:

akaranzo

Selling Afellay would be pretty stupid imo

P

PhilS

It looks like this is the plan for 2011-2012:

Goal: Valdes, Pinto in Copa del Rey
Fullback: Alves and Abidal, Adriano subbing a lot for Abidal and almost never for iron man Alves
CB: Pique and Puyol, Adibal and Masch the alternates
DM: Busquets, Masch starts 1/3 of the games
OM: Xavi and Iniesta, Cesc playing a lot, Thiago and Keita some.
Right and left forwards: Villa and Pedro, Sanchez playing a lot, Afellay some
Center forward: Messi, Villa when Messi rests

That's 19 who will play, with 16 playing quite a bit. This will be a much better rotation than last year at both forward and midfield. Only five for four back line positions until Puyol returns, which seems crazy thin except Pep won Liga and CL last year using only that many. Maxwell was the alt fullback until Adriano took his place, Busquets and later Masch were the alt CBs when Puyol and Abidal went out.

These 17 non-goalies will do some position changes, like how Masch became a CB and Afellay became a forward last year.

If any of Bojan, Jeffren, Maxwell or Milito return, it will be a very sad year for them remaining on the bench all year.

It won't matter who else might be on the bench. Fontas, a new or promoted player or two, they will almost never play. Pep only uses a limited number of flexible subs.

Barcafan 2304

It looks like this is the plan for 2011-2012:

Goal: Valdes, Pinto in Copa del Rey
Fullback: Alves and Abidal, Adriano subbing a lot for Abidal and almost never for iron man Alves
CB: Pique and Puyol, Adibal and Masch the alternates
DM: Busquets, Masch starts 1/3 of the games
OM: Xavi and Iniesta, Cesc playing a lot, Thiago and Keita some.
Right and left forwards: Villa and Pedro, Sanchez playing a lot, Afellay some
Center forward: Messi, Villa when Messi rests

That's 19 who will play, with 16 playing quite a bit. This will be a much better rotation than last year at both forward and midfield. Only five for four back line positions until Puyol returns, which seems crazy thin except Pep won Liga and CL last year using only that many. Maxwell was the alt fullback until Adriano took his place, Busquets and later Masch were the alt CBs when Puyol and Abidal went out.

These 17 non-goalies will do some position changes, like how Masch became a CB and Afellay became a forward last year.

If any of Bojan, Jeffren, Maxwell or Milito return, it will be a very sad year for them remaining on the bench all year.

It won't matter who else might be on the bench. Fontas, a new or promoted player or two, they will almost never play. Pep only uses a limited number of flexible subs.
I hope we get another forward in. Crazy to expect ore rely on MVP staying fit and health and injury free for another season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pre-season starting on Monday and pep got no new players to work with. Too bad, as this is when newbies learn the ropes

rmpcsl

After Alexis and probably Cesc what are/is next target/s?
I wonder why Soriano don´t have the chance of being the 6th forward(Messi sub) since he scored 32 goals last season and he knows all the players/tactics of the team instead of spending money?
Plus Keita and Thiago will clash for minutes next season both are good players but they have 11 years diference since we need money for a new defender why not sell Keita this summer?
Looking to our defense I see:
RB: Dani/Montoya/Adriano
CB: Pique/Puyol
CB: Abi/Fontas
Plus Batra, Masch
LB: Abi/Adriano
(Milito/Maxwell leaving)
We will play in August the Supercopas plus begining of Liga and Puyol is not ready yet so Pep will use Abi CB, if Dani have some injurie problem he must go for Adriano RB (cause Montoya is unexperience so far) who can we adapt for LB??
I think we should go for Michel Bastos?? or Bale?? Who do you think we should(could) get?

P

PhilS

I understand the maximum number of non-EU passport players allowed is two? Is this a UEFA rule or La Liga?
Since Alexis is non-EU, that means either Maxwell or Milito have to leave before the start of the season. If there is no sale, that would leave loan or release as the only options.

Home of Barca Fans