Barca squad/XI 2024/25

Biggest priority

• Total voters

jamrock

Yeah, if Barca board is thinking the same way Barca will never be good financially again. Why on earth they would raise Pedri’s salary after his contributions? Player salary should be improved when his performances and availability improve, not when senior players leave.
Because he's great.

SeloBarca

Even with Olmo i think we have a worse team right now than last year which was already weak.
We needed Fullbacks and got none and instead lost our best one in Cancelo (which i think is kinda meh in first place)
Lewandowski one year older and was already declining heavily last year.
Pedri and Gavi injured all the time.
Gundogan is our best midfielder even at his age.
Still no proper DM.
Central defence is midtable level that makes ALOT of misstakes against better teams.
None existant LW.

Birdy

Realistic that 8 of the top 10 could be removed and the overall quality of the team would rise just from the saved wages.

Frenkie is a good to very good player. The other obvious i need to be gone as soon as possible. Then Barca needs to rethink wages foreverView attachment 10770
De Jong right there on top and Lenglet are the remaining Bartomeu signs

BUt, the contracts that were given by the supposedly 'sane' Fatporta on Lewa and Gundogan are 100% UNACCEPTABLE and CRIMINAL given our state
Plus, the very 'high-ish' money all 3 of Ansu Kounde and Raphina are getting. At least the first two should be getting half of that

#LAPORTA OUT

Masetro10

De Jong right there on top and Lenglet are the remaining Bartomeu signs

BUt, the contracts that were given by the supposedly 'sane' Fatporta on Lewa and Gundogan are 100% UNACCEPTABLE and CRIMINAL given our state
Plus, the very 'high-ish' money all 3 of Ansu Kounde and Raphina are getting. At least the first two should be getting half of that

#LAPORTA OUT
Yeah Laporta hasn't really done much regarding wages.

Porque

Inigo has to be the luckiest cat in the world though. Lucked into that contract with the fake illusion if Saudi interest and Xavi absolutely needing him in his mind.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Even with Olmo i think we have a worse team right now than last year which was already weak.
We needed Fullbacks and got none and instead lost our best one in Cancelo (which i think is kinda meh in first place)
Still no proper DM.
Central defence is midtable level that makes ALOT of misstakes against better teams.
None existant LW.
And don't forget that Atleti, Real, and the Champions League teams are all strengthening themselves.
While we fucking regress.
And then people will blame Bumsi.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Still no proper DM.
None existant LW.

dont forget we lost also Felix

Nucky

Its fight for UCL spot this season, we can forget about trophies, perhaps Super Cup but only if Madrid won't have their day.. Gotta really bad feeling about upcoming season

vuji_31

I think in 2025 or 2026 we will finally be where we thought we will be this summer.

Lewa, De Jong, Gundogan, Inigo, Lenglet and Roque will be all out.

33mil, 37.5mil, 19mil, 10mil, 16mil and 3.5mil,
That is 110mil on saleries on players that we don't want except De Jong, on much lower contract.

Summer 2027 Ferret and Fati are out of contract.
14mil and 10mil per season.

So in 2-3 years we could free 140mil on saleries on players that we want to get rid off.

Hope so Fati is gonne this summer to Turkqy league or somewhere else, he is already done.

jamrock

I think one of the main reasons we are struggling this summer to register players, is the fact that we are no longer in the Camp Nou.

Paying to rent this peace of crap stadium,plus it's never full has definitely affected our revenues, which has a knock on effect on who we can register.

When you look at our total payroll for the football teams it's 238m

Highest paid players
Lewa 30
De jong 30
Gundogan 19
Olmo 12-14
Fati 12-14
Kounde 12-14

Madrid: 280

Highest paid
Mbappe: 32
Alaba 22
Vini 21
Jude 21
Valverde 16.

Wtf can't be register players, la Liga is just being dickheads, is definitely a part of it

PhilS

Well, wirhout the addition of any first-rate talent like Nico, Flick will have to field his most talented players available, regardless of the positions they have played in the past. Assuming Gundogab leaves, until Gavi, De Jong and Aruajo return:
GK: Ter Stegen, injury or suspension disastrous, just like last season.
FB: Kounde and Balde. Although no proven depth is available yet, Balde is much better than Cancelo.
CB: Excellent depth, even wirh Aruajo out. Flick will optimize pairings of Cubarsi, Christensen, Martinez and Garcia.
DM: No double pivot until the injured return. All the attackers but Lewa must track back for 90 minutes. Bernal, Casado, Chistensen, Garcia.
Attackers: Much improved, scoring will be up. Again, big minutes for Lewa and Lamine. Someone must appentice to back up old Lewa (Fermin?). Then you have Fermin, Olmo, Pedri and Raphinha for 2 positions, this is a huge strength even with no natural LW.
Maybe Ferran and Pau can help, but their chances will be minimal barring injuries.

Birdy

After yesterday's game I see how Flick sees the md squad:

He wants a double pivot of a DM (positional), first receiver, staying close to defense and sometimes forming a back 3.
That will be Bernal and De Jong

He wants the other of the double pivot to be a CM, constantly running with endless energy, sometimes dropping next to the DM, sometimes operating as an interior
That now is Casado, then will be Gavi with Casado as sub

That means the rest, which is a lot (Pedri, Olmo, Gundo, Fermin, sometimes Raphina) will fight for the advanced AM role, close to the striker and the wingers
Olmo or Fermin can play also the LW role, and that will be the wise thing to do, given that 4 or 5 players for 1 position is too much

Home of Barca Fans