Barca Transfers and Rumors

weloveyuner

Why does everyone want Messi to drop back? Don't we want him running less? I don't understand the obsession with putting him in the midfield.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
there is no plan to move messi anywhere. where do you get this stuff and dont give me that 4231 bullshit.

4231 is not "bullshit". It's the formation Valverde played and there's equal chance for it as it is for 4-3-3.
Particularly in light we had to play a broken system to make Messi work at RW.

Messi ends up playing centrally anyway so why not playing a more balanced formation. Logical thing to do as I see it as it solves more problems for Barca.

hulinat

4231 is not "bullshit". It's the formation Valverde played and there's equal chance for it as it is for 4-3-3.

Messi ends up playing centrally anyway so why not playing a more balanced formation. Logical thing to do as I see it as it solves more problems for Barca.

Neither Rakitic or Iniesta fit in 4231 so its not going to happen anytime soon because theyre both starters and will be next season too.

What system Valverde used in Bilbao is irrelevant, we'll still be playin 433 next season or experimenting with 4312 and 3atb.

Butaan4barca

we might see a third 3-4-3 aswell. Using different systems in the same season to maintain unpredictability, especially if all the targets signings are acquired

gasgas

Neither Rakitic or Iniesta fit in 4231 so its not going to happen anytime soon because theyre both starters and will be next season too.

What system Valverde used in Bilbao is irrelevant, we'll still be playin 433 next season or experimenting with 4312 and 3atb.

So you are suggesting we will maintain the same lineup in midfield?

Butaan4barca

4312 ??? Really ?? so we are parking buses now ?

Zincubus

Banned
Why does everyone want Messi to drop back? Don't we want him running less? I don't understand the obsession with putting him in the midfield.

Because that's were were he will end his career , he migrates there automatically anyways during matches .

It's where he will show his vision and understanding of the game , I feel .

I don't recall Xavi running his backside off and he did 'fairly' well in midfield.

Zincubus

Banned

I can even see Rakitic being moved on and either way , there is no way he's good enough to be a Barca starter IMHO,

khaled_a_d

He is already a midfielder right now. He hasn't played as RW for almost a season and half. We have been playing 442 for sometime now,it isn't 433 anymore

Giginho75

He is already a midfielder right now. He hasn't played as RW for almost a season and half. We have been playing 442 for sometime now,it isn't 433 anymore

i don't think so...
messi born forward with a way of playing all-around...
in the eighties he could play as number 10 of that time (maradona, platini), behind two strikers...
but in the current football is different...

i don't understand why a lot of users want leo in the middle...
he can already move as he prefer on the field, starting from the wing...
we don't need to move him in the middle...
he has already total freedom of movement.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans