Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

50+20M won't do it, but I think we could possibly get him for 65-70M + 15-20M more in bonuses. Is he worth that much now? I don't think so but he clearly has potential to be one of the world best players in future so I would pay that much for him. But we'll probably wait with his transfer until we'll get a final NO from PSG for Verratti and decide to move on from him.

khaled_a_d

i don't think so...
messi born forward with a way of playing all-around...
in the eighties he could play as number 10 of that time (maradona, platini), behind two strikers...
but in the current football is different...

i don't understand why a lot of users want leo in the middle...
he can already move as he prefer on the field, starting from the wing...
we don't need to move him in the middle...
he has already total freedom of movement.

Messi already starts as an AM who has freedom to go to penalty area,that is a midfielder in my books
While yeah sometimes he pretends to move at the RW in some games,it rarely happens. He is anything but a winger right now.
In 4231 we aren't moving him anywhere,he stays put,unlike a true 433 he moves back to RW,a position he played only for a year and half in past 8 seasons.
You keep him as a midfielder as current situation and still claim it is 433 you destroy both midfield and RW set up. In such case we need a dominant midfielder and RB. I don't think we will be able to get either

Giginho75

Messi already starts as an AM who has freedom to go to penalty area,that is a midfielder in my books
While yeah sometimes he pretends to move at the RW in some games,it rarely happens. He is anything but a winger right now.
In 4231 we aren't moving him anywhere,he stays put,unlike a true 433 he moves back to RW,a position he played only for a year and half in past 8 seasons.
You keep him as a midfielder as current situation and still claim it is 433 you destroy both midfield and RW set up. In such case we need a dominant midfielder and RB. I don't think we will be able to get either

i prefer 4-3-3 with messi and neymar as wingers and sincerely i remember leo more times starting on the right than in the middle...
but it's clear we aren't talking of a true RW...
that is only the starting position, but he will can to play and to move where he wants, as he always done, mostly in the middle...

anyway we can debate as we want, but i would like know what valverde thinks about messi position.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Imagine next season transfer window where Messi doesn't sign contract extension and goes and signs with city. Neymar finally moving to real Madrid after all the suggestions from his father and Suarez declining. This club will not have a future for 20-30. Depending on 3 superstars is not good, our team needs to be balanced out somehow. But not many good signs in the current transfer window. Both our targets are looking improbable, i hope those semedo rumors are true at least. Signing a righ back allows Roberto to play in midfield giving us proper cover for all midfield positions. A midfield signings will help but looking unlikely.

Giginho75

You want Messi as winger then you need a midfielder winger to sweep up - Rakitic.

the team is built around leo...
but i think rakitic is still important and a great player...
with busquets and (i hope) verratti we will have a top level midfield.

JamDav1982

Imagine next season transfer window where Messi doesn't sign contract extension and goes and signs with city. Neymar finally moving to real Madrid after all the suggestions from his father and Suarez declining. This club will not have a future for 20-30. Depending on 3 superstars is not good, our team needs to be balanced out somehow. But not many good signs in the current transfer window. Both our targets are looking improbable, i hope those semedo rumors are true at least. Signing a righ back allows Roberto to play in midfield giving us proper cover for all midfield positions. A midfield signings will help but looking unlikely.

Imagine your auntie had balls. She would be your uncle.

Icarium

Lifestealer
So apparently we've agreed terms with Dembele - doesn't mean the deal will happen of course .

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-5-year-barcelona-deal-amid-transfer-rumours

Dortmund said there are no negotiations and that Dembele will be continuing, but dortmund said some similar things before. What makes this transfer difficult is the current status of the club. With Auba almost out and Reus not contributing enough they can't afford to lose Dembele even for a high amount and he still has 4 years on his contract.

xXKonan

[tw]878070069040865281[/tw]

Globo says Raul Sanllehí, met with Paulinho's agent on Wednesday and says we are interested in him.

:benitez:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Paulinho and Lima. Stuff of legends am i right? We will be in good hands.

Globo is pretty reliable and this scares me. From Verratti and Dembele to this what the fuck happened?

Home of Barca Fans