Barca Transfers and Rumors

henias

If Mahrez does come, screw this. Bartomeu clearly doesnt know what we need exactly: a dominant holding midfielder, who can replace Busquets and Iniesta. WHAT Bartomeu is after, is the PR signings and the big names that would ultimately make them look good, but not addressing the deep underlying issues the squad has right now. They VERY WELL know Benedito's going to be carrying out his motion in the coming week, and they are just buying any big name they could out there to save their asses. They completely gave up on Seri and bid a collosal 160m for Coutinho? And now Mahrez? Something tells me they are desperate to win back the confidence of their Socis. Dont be fooled. $160mil in exchange for more years of Barto's reign, like hell yeah they would want that, even if they dont make any profit. I'd rather Coutinho not come for the sake of the greater good.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

If Mahrez does come, screw this. Bartomeu clearly doesnt know what we need exactly: a dominant holding midfielder, who can replace Busquets and Iniesta. WHAT bartomeu is after, is the PR signings and the big names that will ultimately make them look good, but not addressing the deep underlying issues the squad has right now. They VERY WELL know Benedito's going to be carrying out his motion in the coming week, and they are just buying any big name they could. They completely gave up on Seri and bid a collosal 160m for Coutinho? And now Mahrez? Something tells me they are desperate to win back the confidence of their Socis. Dont be fooled. $160mil in exchange for more years of Barto's reign, like hell yeah they would want that, even if they dont make any profit. I'd rather Coutinho not come for the sake of the greater good.

True words. He is just trying to safe his ass doing this, but at the end it will probably end up costing his job, because Mahrez is not what we need exactly.

Barcilliant

This season hangs on Messi playing a blinder in every single game then.

Even Messi can't save us.

Wtf is Valverde doing? Surely he knows there is a problem with the midfield?

Is he going to play 4 2 3 1 with Roberto/ Paulinho and Busquets as DM?

We are back to Gaspart era. Fuck.

vlad

With 160m we should easily be able to get Thiago who will be the best midfielder in the world.

Just think about that stupidity, same board let thiago go and imagine now buy him for 160 :D that would draw the line what this board accomplished during these years in charge

LMessi85

Injury prone and a traitor to some extent.
Really not a type of a player on whom you will build a bright longterm future.

I disagree. He was going to be our next Xavi but he didn't get (enough) playtime at that time. It was sad to see him leave and spamming great passes at bayern.

henias

Even Messi can't save us.

Wtf is Valverde doing? Surely he knows there is a problem with the midfield?

Is he going to play 4 2 3 1 with Roberto/ Paulinho and Busquets as DM?

We are back to Gaspart era. Fuck.

Valverde seems a little half-witted at times and clueless for the most parts. Not having the right players is one thing but not knowing who to use is another. I sincerely hope he is just experimenting right now, otherwise I'd rather have Enrique back. He seems very passive as well, not commanding of the players, and not injecting that zeal and passion into a seemingly dead squad.

I would also like to think he's experimenting Bilbao's high pressing and defensive tactic in Barca. Which is the reason why he uses Paulinho and Busquets. It COULD work out but if he uses Semedo he can certainly add more energy and dynamism into 4231. I think 433 definitely is not the squad's forte anymore without good midfielders. 4231 might actually be a good alternative.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans