Barca Transfers and Rumors

FCBfan22

i would try him for about 120M, he would be big for us, he is the perfect link between a striker and a midfielder who can support the team and messi

Well, we can't try for 120 million, since Liverpool has a clause against us until summer 2021. 300 million before they even pick up the phone and talk with us.

FC B

Players under Klopp usualy look much better than they are, Coutinho is the perfect illustration of that. No need to buy from Liverpool.

PhilS

Son Heung Min from Spurs would be a good shout for me. Two-footed, blistering pace and good scoring record when played as No 9. Can play any of the front three positions and works hard.

Son would be a fine addition to almost any team, he would be almost perfect for Barca. He is a model for the type of attitude you want to see from a forward. He's so popular on the Spurs, I can't see how they would let him go.

Don Andrésº8

Son would be a fine addition to almost any team, he would be almost perfect for Barca. He is a model for the type of attitude you want to see from a forward. He's so popular on the Spurs, I can't see how they would let him go.

Son would be perfect also, he is great in that 9 position as well

Messigician

Barcelona have ruled out the signing of Frankfurt striker Luka Jović. The Serbian has been scouted for more than fifteen times, but the club have decided not to sign him. Barça doubt his link-up play as well as his capacity to shine outside the opponent's penalty area. [md]
-AK10

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If it took 15 times to figure out he doesn't have the right profile then there's something wrong with the scouting. Or, this is merely spin control since the player is difficult to sign

Judoman

If it took 15 times to figure out he doesn't have the right profile then there's something wrong with the scouting. Or, this is merely spin control since the player is difficult to sign

Larger sample size is better. I d say they are being thorough.

MTL_Barca

He was even scouted by the big names themselves and according to the father of Jovic there is interest from Barca. And then all of a sudden it strikes us that this isn't the kind of forward we are looking for? That wouldn't make much sense for me.

I think it's more that the transfer seems to be a lot more difficult and expensive than we maybe initially thought and now we are pulling back because we aren't fully convinced, but that his link up play wasn't his biggest strength should've been quite obvious for our scouts for weeks/months.

Porque

Jovic price has almost doubled since the start of negotiations. Zidane returned to Madrid and it does seem the profile of striker that their style can make work.

The other interesting thing is that Joao Felix is showing a very high ceiling. How good he can be depends on the assessment of the scouting department, but he is the most interesting attacking player on the market right now imo.

Both of these factors have probably complicated the decision making somewhat. If Jovic is now 70-80m compared to 40m as initially thought, then who is the better investment. Joao Felix at 80m or Jovic at 80m? Both have the same first division XP, more or less.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Barcelona 2019/2020 (how should it look like in the current Ernie's setup IMO):

---------------------------MATS (Cillesen)--------------------------
Semedo (Roberto)--De Ligt (Pique)--Lenglet (Umtiti)--Alba (?)
-----------------------Busquets(Rakitić/De Jong)------------------
----Arthur(Vidal/Rakitić)--------------De Jong (Rakitić/Vidal)-----
----Messi (Malcom)-------Suarez (?)-------Dembele (Coutinho)----

So, IMO, one of Vidal/Rakitić should be sold, in that case Alena should stay. Todibo should be loaned. Puig should be loaned. Oriol Busquets should be loaned. One of Coutinho and Malcom should be sold.

So if we obtain De Ligt:

We need:
-A Left Back
-A Striker

Sell:
-Rafinha
-Denis
-Gomes
-One of Coutinho/Malcom
-One of Rakitić/Vidal

Loan:
-Todibo
-Puig
-O. Busquets
-Alena, if neither of Rakitić and Vidal is sold

Leave for free / back to their clubs:
-Murillo
-KPB
-Vermaelen

FinBarcelonafan

Jovic price has almost doubled since the start of negotiations. Zidane returned to Madrid and it does seem the profile of striker that their style can make work.

The other interesting thing is that Joao Felix is showing a very high ceiling. How good he can be depends on the assessment of the scouting department, but he is the most interesting attacking player on the market right now imo.

Both of these factors have probably complicated the decision making somewhat. If Jovic is now 70-80m compared to 40m as initially thought, then who is the better investment. Joao Felix at 80m or Jovic at 80m? Both have the same first division XP, more or less.

Isn't Felix more like 120 mil euro

Zidane82

Barcelona 2019/2020 (how should it look like in the current Ernie's setup IMO):

---------------------------MATS (Cillesen)--------------------------
Semedo (Roberto)--De Ligt (Pique)--Lenglet (Umtiti)--Alba (?)
-----------------------Busquets(Rakitić/De Jong)------------------
----Arthur(Vidal/Rakitić)--------------De Jong (Rakitić/Vidal)-----
----Messi (Malcom)-------Suarez (?)-------Dembele (Coutinho)----

So, IMO, one of Vidal/Rakitić should be sold, in that case Alena should stay. Todibo should be loaned. Puig should be loaned. Oriol Busquets should be loaned. One of Coutinho and Malcom should be sold.

So if we obtain De Ligt:

We need:
-A Left Back
-A Striker

Sell:
-Rafinha
-Denis
-Gomes
-One of Coutinho/Malcom
-One of Rakitić/Vidal

Loan:
-Todibo
-Puig
-O. Busquets
-Alena, if neither of Rakitić and Vidal is sold

Leave for free / back to their clubs:
-Murillo
-KPB
-Vermaelen

De Ligt looks to be closer apparently..

I agree with virtually everything you said although I’d keep both Coutinho and Malcom

I’d sell Rakitic and keep Vidal

FCBfan22

De Ligt looks to be closer apparently..

I agree with virtually everything you said although I’d keep both Coutinho and Malcom

I’d sell Rakitic and keep Vidal

One of Coutinho and Malcom will get no play-time if both remain here. Especially if a new striker comes. 5 players for the front 3 is more than enough with Valverde. They should both get plenty of time in Liga until the end of the season and we should asses the situation who is a better fit.

PhilS

If you sold Rakitic, the big problem is that you would need to get someone quite a bit like Rakitic to replace him, and not too many exist.

Malcom should go, he did his job here, which was to scare Dembele and Coutinho into playing better. Bring in Suarez's successor, they can share that position for a year or two. Or, that backup job can just continue to be a revolving door, refresh the staffing every year or two.

Home of Barca Fans