Barca Transfers and Rumors

vuji_31

How is not simmular :lol:?

He is not good as Xavi but he is really good considering age , and time being in Barca.

De Jong , Arthur and one player like Fabinho or someone like that could be great.

JPM85

I would take a good look at the squad, and personally I would do the following

GK: Ter Stegen / Inaki Pena
RB: Semedo / S. Roberto (Semedo should be starter, Roberto as backup)
CB: Pique / Lenglet / de Ligt / Tobido
LB: Alba IN: Cucurella, who can play as LW as well
Midfield: Busquets / De Jong / Arthur / Vidal / Alena / Puig
RW: Dembele / Malcom / ????
CF: Messi / ???? / (Suarez)
LW: Dembele / Malcom / ????

OUT:
Cillessen, would love to keep him, but he wants to go
Umtiti, cash on him because he doesn't seem to get his mojo back and he is still valued on the market
Rakitic & Rafinha, midfield is talented enough, just keep Vidal & Busquets for senior roles, but phase them out next season. Sell Busquets if he doesn't want to, but it's time for fresh blood.
Coutinho, no words just a disaster in every way
Suarez, old, slow and we need some fresh blood. Can stay if he knows he will not be starting regular anymore (just 1/3 - 1/4 games)

IN:
De Ligt
Cucurella
Attacker, who can play different position and has speed and body

I would look at players like Martial/Rashford/Werner, who have speed and can play different positions.

vuji_31

I would take a good look at the squad, and personally I would do the following

GK: Ter Stegen / Inaki Pena
RB: Semedo / S. Roberto (Semedo should be starter, Roberto as backup)
CB: Pique / Lenglet / de Ligt / Tobido
LB: Alba IN: Cucurella, who can play as LW as well
Midfield: Busquets / De Jong / Arthur / Vidal / Alena / Puig
RW: Dembele / Malcom / ????
CF: Messi / ???? / (Suarez)
LW: Dembele / Malcom / ????

OUT:
Cillessen, would love to keep him, but he wants to go
Umtiti, cash on him because he doesn't seem to get his mojo back and he is still valued on the market
Rakitic & Rafinha, midfield is talented enough, just keep Vidal & Busquets for senior roles, but phase them out next season. Sell Busquets if he doesn't want to, but it's time for fresh blood.
Coutinho, no words just a disaster in every way
Suarez, old, slow and we need some fresh blood. Can stay if he knows he will not be starting regular anymore (just 1/3 - 1/4 games)

IN:
De Ligt
Cucurella
Attacker, who can play different position and has speed and body

I would look at players like Martial/Rashford/Werner, who have speed and can play different positions.

Still midfield look weak.We need strong player like Fabinho/Ndombele/Someone else.
Those 3 players are not good for Barca.Martial is same as Dembele.Werner only can run so low with skills.

We need way more players to bring.
Malcom is not good for Barca.I would like more talented player better on dribbling and speed.

gasgas

...,....................Ter stegen
Semedo..Todibo...........Lenglet.........Alba
....De jong..........arthur.........ndombele...
......malcom.........messi.......dembele

malvolio

...,....................Ter stegen
Semedo..Todibo...........Lenglet.........Alba
....De jong..........arthur.........ndombele...
......malcom.........messi.......dembele

if the wingers were salah and mane, then it might work. otherwise no.

dembele and more evidently malcom, have not shown that they can carry our attack. we don't even know if these two are starting material for barcelona.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
I think we should wait another year for de Ligt. Midfield and attack should be our priority this summer along with a new manager

1) Sell Rakitic and Busquets. Bring in De Jong and another midfielder like Eriksen, Ndombele, Pjanic, or Kante.

2) Sell Suarez and Coutinho. Bring in two top attackers like Griezmann, Son, Hazard, or Sane.

FCBfan22

Sell Coutinho and Rakitić. Bench Suarez and Busi (Pique too, if we get De Ligt). If anybody who is benched complains, sell too.

MTL_Barca

What i would like to see:

OUT:
Suarez
Coutinho
Rakitic
Umtiti
Cillessen

Rafinha
Denis
Gomes

IN:
Mobile fast striker (maybe even Griezmann)
De Jong
De Ligt
Young LB (is Cucu good enough?)

And most importantly a proper coach who has the balls to do all of that + can play offensive football.

I would also like to see another striker (more classic 9) and another CM/DM (depending where the new coach wants De Jong) that adds physicality while having good technical skills, Ndombele type of player. But maybe all of that is too much to ask

Barca needs to begin phasing out Busquets and Pique as well, and think about LB situation because the mistake with Suarez shouldn't be repeated.

Cillessen replacement can be someone cheap or la masia if it helps funding more important reinforcement. Having the best backup goalkeeper isn't something that will titles.

Also wouldn't be opposed doing something on RB, i like Semedo but he doesn't look like a long term starter. But that is just a minor problem compared to some other positions and i don't think there is a RB that would be a big upgrade right now.

Not sure about the CB situation. I think De Ligt is just too good to miss out on so i hope he joins, also need to think about a Pique replacement as he turns 33 next season. Maybe Todibo can stay then, a loan would be better for him but someone has to be the 4th CB and ideally it's a fast player and that seems to be the case with him.

So ideally something like that:

ter Stegen, Inaki
Pique, De Ligt, Lenglet, Todibo
Semedo, Roberto, Alba, new LB
De Jong, Busquets
New CM, Arthur, Vidal, Alena
Messi, Dembele, new striker #1, new striker #2, Malcom

Coach: maybe Ten Hag

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

Sell Coutinho and Rakitić. Bench Suarez and Busi (Pique too, if we get De Ligt). If anybody who is benched complains, sell too.

Bench Suarez or busi? Do u want Hollywood Soap Show in next season? If they stay and dont play they will cause Issues.

Like I said one core Player from the old era has to go

FCBfan22

Bench Suarez or busi? Do u want Hollywood Soap Show in next season? If they stay and dont play they will cause Issues.

Like I said one core Player from the old era has to go

Then from the old core, I would sell Suarez and get 2 strikers. 1 mobile one and 1 plan B striker (Giroud type cross and hope bastard). I believe he is hurting us the most of those 3. The other 2 can still be backups.

BBZ8800

Messi, Dembele, new striker #1, new striker #2, Malcom

Attention has been turned to sacking EV so we probably forgot about some problems.

Dembele has been here for 2 seasons, he has been injured for half of them in each of them and rusty for Months after that.
There is a very high chance that we will see the same in the next season.
If he gets injured, we would currently have Messi and Malcom.

I would personally sell Coutinho and Malcom (and Suarez, but who will buy him?) and bring in a new winger and a new 9.
And even then, we would have only 3 fit players, because you never know with Dembele.

MTL_Barca

Attention has been turned to sacking EV so we probably forgot about some problems.

Dembele has been here for 2 seasons, he has been injured for half of them in each of them and rusty for Months after that.
There is a very high chance that we will see the same in the next season.
If he gets injured, we would currently have Messi and Malcom.

I would personally sell Coutinho and Malcom (and Suarez, but who will buy him?) and bring in a new winger and a new 9.
And even then, we would have only 3 fit players, because you never know with Dembele.

Yeah his injuries are a problem. I think we should have 5 players for the front 3. And these should be Messi, 2 wingers, one CF and then i'd say ideally some mobile striker that can play either on the wing (maybe with Messi in middle) or as an somewhat unconventional 9 in the center.

That would give the coach the most options imo. I think Malcom could stay, not like we're gonna get much better backups for the wing. But if not he needs to be replaced, i think 4 players for 3 positions just isn't enough.

In theory Suarez could be a good nr9 option but i don't think he would accept a bench role so that's not realistic. I think he has to leave but you're right, thats probably just wishful thinking.

Hopefully the board doesn't think it's done with just changing the coach or 1-2 senior players. There needs to be a big cut and most importantly change in mentality. No secured spots for the old guard any longer. Sort of what Pep did. Sell a bunch of old players and then use the first season to replace some more.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans