Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

I'm not really sure about Cavani. He has only played 270 minutes this season. The last thing we need is another old striker who will have problems to stay fit.

No need to say he'd be a big improvement over what we currently have if he can stay healthy but that's a big concern for me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Going to go out on a limb here and say we'll get no player that will improve us significantly.

Messi983

I mean, if we can get back Pedri, Ansu, Memphis and (to a lesser extent) Braithwaite fully ready to play we'd already improve a lot even without any new signings. Don't know about Alves's level performance wise but he should also bring more personality we lack on the pitch. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd look much better physically than our other veterans though.

mc_lovin

It's mad how much quantity and quality we need. Laporta, Alemany and co really need to find a way to get active in January. We can't afford to 'lose' a transfer window.

And then you think about Umtiti and Coutinho, who could probably finance two 50ME transfers with their weekly cost :S

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I mean, if we can get back Pedri, Ansu, Memphis and (to a lesser extent) Braithwaite fully ready to play we'd already improve a lot even without any new signings. Don't know about Alves's level performance wise but he should also bring more personality we lack on the pitch. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd look much better physically than our other veterans though.

Would need to drop our veterans for that first.

It's mad how much quantity and quality we need. Laporta, Alemany and co really need to find a way to get active in January. We can't afford to 'lose' a transfer window.

And then you think about Umtiti and Coutinho, who could probably finance two 50ME transfers with their weekly cost :S

Alemany said any signings depends on players getting sold first. Have a tough time seeing players with high salaries leaving unless they get desperate enough to sell Frenkie de Jong dirt cheap.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. The whole squad needs to be redone. At least ten players need to go, then sign new ones. It's a mess.

Barcilliant

No guarantees Rudiger would start at Real or Bayern. He would here. If he wants a big pay day instead of playing time I guess it would make sense to choose Bayern or Real. I think he will stay at Chelsea though.

Messi983

Would need to drop our veterans for that first.

Of course but even keeping all veterans in the XI (which we shouldn't) I think we can all agree we would instantly look much better just by playing a fit Ansu instead of LDJ upfront. Pedri would also be an improvement over Nico (whom I like but just don't see him having a big upside) or even this current version of FDJ.

But yeah, it's clear if we want to progress then dropping veterans is needed. Busi and Pique should never start games together again imo. Busi should be phased out too but Pique must be removed from best XI immediately imo. Well, he's suspended for Elche so hopefully whoever will play instead of him will do well but I still expect Pique back for Sevilla game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans