Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane82

🚨🚨| FC Barcelona are now able to sign Bernardo Silva without selling any player; the club is once again in a very healthy economic situation.
@QueThiJugues [🎖️]

xXKonan

BREAKING: Barcelona will NOT be signing Azpi, who will renew for 2 more seasons at Chelsea.
@gerardromero
#Transfers

Azpi wanted to have his future sorted before the start of the Prem. Bar?a asked him to wait a bit so they can solve the FFP issue with La Liga. In the end, Azpi decided to renew his deal at CFC. He has informed Xavi about it this morning.
@gerardromero

Xavi in the mud.

gregorrin10

BREAKING: Barcelona will NOT be signing Azpi, who will renew for 2 more seasons at Chelsea.
@gerardromero
#Transfers

Azpi wanted to have his future sorted before the start of the Prem. Bar?a asked him to wait a bit so they can solve the FFP issue with La Liga. In the end, Azpi decided to renew his deal at CFC. He has informed Xavi about it this morning.
@gerardromero

Xavi in the mud.

In the mud because a 33 year old full back (a position that needs pace more than anything) didn't wanna come? We can literally go out there and buy someone like Pedro Porro and we'll be better off for it. Stop embarrassing yourself.

xXKonan

In the mud because a 33 year old full back (a position that needs pace more than anything) didn't wanna come? We can literally go out there and buy someone like Pedro Porro and we'll be better off for it. Stop embarrassing yourself.
It was a joke christ.

Anyways, Gerard Romero said apparently we probably don't have a Plan B for the RB spot. This actually wouldn't surprise me considering we have been working for a long time trying to get Apilzcueta since at least late last year/January.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We aren't buying Porro though, and he won't fit what Xavi wants anyway.
Azpi not coming means Araujo as RB. Azpi versatility and leadership would have eased a lot of things for Barca.
It is actually a bad news that he isn't coming tbh.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Either that or pray Dest puts it all together this season and plays well consistently.

Messi983

I have absolutely zero faith in Dest. Hope he'll prove me wrong.

First step is to improve his fitness level so he can play more than 2-3 games without all these minor injuries he seems to be dealing with all the time.

We aren't buying Porro though, and he won't fit what Xavi wants anyway.
Azpi not coming means Araujo as RB. Azpi versatility and leadership would have eased a lot of things for Barca.
It is actually a bad news that he isn't coming tbh.

Worry not, we have another versatile player already in the team. :roberto: Better not talk about his leadership though. :lol:

That was really one of the main reasons why I've wanted Azpi for the past few months and Xavi probably thought the same. Well, it is what it is, we're in another season under great leadership from our Catalan golden boys.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Azpi signed a new contract with Chelsea !!

Looks like the cheeky bar steward was just using us !!

Great news! Even though he'd be useful for a couple of years, I was never really that invested in us getting either Azpi or Alonso (hopefully we don't get the latter either, although I suspect we unfortunately will, especially after Chelsea signed Cucu). We can actually go out and sign a proper RB for the now and for the future (not a stop gap, which is all that Azpi was anyway), either this or next summer. Same goes for LB. Considering both Araujo and Kounde can play there, we can postpone the RB chase until next summer, and just give Dest one last chance this season. And honestly after that preseason, I'd do the same at LB and just give Balde a real shot as Alba's understudy this season. And there's always the option of going 3 atb, which I suspect Xavi will use quite often this season.

We don't need stop gaps, we need proper long term starting full backs, and with the cover that we still have for now, plus the fact we've already spent so much this summer, it might be better to just wait for next summer and see what's out there then, if we decide to sell Dest, while Balde can stay either way. So a new RB, LB, CDM and possibly a new GK next summer. While on the wings and on CB, hopefully we're covered for at least 5 years after this summer.

Roberto and Alba hopefully both gone next summer along with Busquets and Pique (and possibly Ter Stegen as well).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans