Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane82

Kounde RB. It's a must at this point.

What !!
Why waste him there - he will be an amazing CB for us .
Xavi apparently promised to make him the best CB in the world plus pair him with Aroujo .

I would rather but flamin Gavj there until he is a definite starting midfielder

serghei

What !!
Why waste him there - he will be an amazing CB for us .
Xavi apparently promised to make him the best CB in the world plus pair him with Aroujo .

I would rather but flamin Gavj there until he is a definite starting midfielder

Because we are shit at RB. And he'd be a very good RB.

Birdy

Well, it is refreshing if true that Chelsea won't sell us Azpilonso.

It's not true at all...

Bohley is not the typical petty presi or SD of a European club that creates enemies and hostility when receiving an L in the transfer market.
He is smart and wants to invest in his team.
He will let Azpli come as soon as they sign some defenders. They are short on players at the back right now

khaled_a_d

It's not true at all...

Bohley is not the typical petty presi or SD of a European club that creates enemies and hostility when receiving an L in the transfer market.
He is smart and wants to invest in his team.
He will let Azpli come as soon as they sign some defenders. They are short on players at the back right now

Can they sign defenders though? they are getting Cucurulla for 50M fee which is huge tbh, Koloubaly already signed for huge sum, they need to get attacker, RB, CB etc.
If anything, it makes no sense for them to sell Azpi, Alonso otoh they better cash on him tbh

Birdy

Can they sign defenders though? they are getting Cucurulla for 50M fee which is huge tbh, Koloubaly already signed for huge sum, they need to get attacker, RB, CB etc.
If anything, it makes no sense for them to sell Azpi, Alonso otoh they better cash on him tbh

With Cucurella signed, you can consider Alonso a new Barca player
If they get De Jong, you can consider Azpli a new Barca player.

Even Tuchel, who says otherwise publicly, knows that he is upgrading his squad by letting them go and replacing him with others.

It's a numbers game.
Koulibaly for Rudiger CHECK
Cucurella for Alonso CHECK
They need to replace Azpli and Christensen, they need 2 more players
These players can be De Jong and Fofana, and they will be done with their defense

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Chelsea signed two young players who are said to be very promising, are they investing on the future stuff, instead of looking for reinforcement that will have an immediate impact?

Zidane82

Even Tuchel, who says otherwise publicly, knows that he is upgrading his squad by letting them go and replacing him with others.

It's a numbers game.

These players can be De Jong and Fofana, and they will be done with their defense

That new defence could be horrific even after the settling in period

khaled_a_d

It's a numbers game.

Azpi was a cover for 2 positions from my understanding, 3rd CB and back up RB
The thing is, Tuchel didn't like last year squad, he wants better team and better bench.
So one replacing another won't improve things that much IMO.
Maybe they will, but I think keeping Azpi makes so much sense for them even if they get Fofana (most likely they won't) and Frenkie

Birdy

Azpi was a cover for 2 positions from my understanding, 3rd CB and back up RB
The thing is, Tuchel didn't like last year squad, he wants better team and better bench.
So one replacing another won't improve things that much IMO.
Maybe they will, but I think keeping Azpi makes so much sense for them even if they get Fofana (most likely they won't) and Frenkie

Then there will be too many not playing, hence unhappy.
There is an ideal balance of number of players per position.

Thiago Silva is 37, so he is def going to play less than all other CBs, but he might play all important games
Fofana would want to play more than Christensen though, and Koulibaly as much as Rudiger, and Cucurella of course more than Alonso
If they get FDJ in, he would want to play even more than Azpli

There is no game time for another player there

khaled_a_d

Then there will be too many not playing, hence unhappy.
There is an ideal balance of number of players per position.

Thiago Silva is 37, so he is def going to play less than all other CBs, but he might play all important games
Fofana would want to play more than Christensen though, and Koulibaly as much as Rudiger, and Cucurella of course more than Alonso
If they get FDJ in, he would want to play even more than Azpli

There is no game time for another player there

Well, FDJ won't be issue because he will likely play ton of time in midfield. They are phasing the older ones out anyway and they have actually fairly underperformed last year. Tuchel system in midfield plays to Frenkie strength too.
Azpi covering for 2 positions solve that issue too, that is why I think that from Chelsea perspective it just doesn't make any sense.

Birdy

Well, FDJ won't be issue because he will likely play ton of time in midfield. They are phasing the older ones out anyway and they have actually fairly underperformed last year. Tuchel system in midfield plays to Frenkie strength too.
Azpi covering for 2 positions solve that issue too, that is why I think that from Chelsea perspective it just doesn't make any sense.

The leaks so far point also to the direction I am speculating.
They bought Cucurella, and are linked to Fofana, Dumfries, and De Jong.
I bet they will only sign 2 of these 3, and sell Azpli to us

LEt's wait and see the next days

khaled_a_d

The leaks so far point also to the direction I am speculating.
They bought Cucurella, and are linked to Fofana, Dumfries, and De Jong.
I bet they will only sign 2 of these 3, and sell Azpli to us

LEt's wait and see the next days

Well, I am just hoping we are cautious. I heard that Azpilicueta was the easiest deal since May or maybe even April. Now Chelsea stance is that they aren't selling, Tuchel telling him to stay.
Could be a bluff, but now with less than a month we should have a plan B.
Worth noting that we were barely linked to any RBs in the market.
Just time to explore the market and talk to agents, just in case

Zidane82

Don't know man.
Apart from Koulibaly-Rudiger that is debatable
I see an upgrade in all the other positions

There is no guarantee they will gel as a defence though .. especially as the new season starts in days

Defence is THE hardest section to get right that is why so many teams play the same defence but rotate in midfield and attack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans