Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Btw was happened with Mazraoui?

Was it a case of him preferring Bayern? Being a sweetener for the De Ligt move (though with Raiola passing I doubt this one is true)

Or Xavi simply preferred Azpi so we never went all in?

He preferred Bayern. That's what I remember.

But also we never went all in. Maybe if he waited? but he didn't bother to wait.

We never went all-in for him and kind of treated him like a second option to Azpi is what was reported.

Messi983

Sport mentioned Vanderson as one of the options for RB spot yesterday. We were already linked to him in January before he has signed for Monaco but then decided not to go for him as we prefered Mazraoui at that time. Has established himself in Monaco's lineup since then so I doubt they'd sell after only 6 months, at least not for a somewhat realistic price.

L'Equipe reported we're also interested in Malo Gusto but Lyon wants at least 40m.

And then there are also BS rumours linking us to Hakimi, lol.

Anyone know anything about Youcref Atal from Nice?

He was ok when I've watched him but very injury prone. Has missed second part of the 2019/20 season with a knee injury and then out for 40+ total games in last two seasons with different injuries.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/youcef-atal/verletzungen/spieler/416108

His contract is up next year so if he stays injury free this season and he won't extend contract with Nice then I wouldn't mind him on a short-term contract especially since we'll need to sign two RBs over the next two seasons anyway. Wouldn't pay anything for him now though.

PhilS

Dest might be fairly decent, but I've seen him for Barca and for the U.S. In crucial times big games, the opponents go after him, too often with success. So, Xavi is right, his tryout with Barca needs to end now.

For backup RB, Roberto is the ultimate team player, Barca through and through. Every manager for the last decade has wanted Roberto on the team. And I also think that every manager has not felt great when Roberto has had to hold down a regular starting role.

It's pretty much impossible for a team to revamp as much in one off-season as Barca has needed to this year. Frankie leaving would greatly increase the payroll flexibility. One thing is certain, by the end of August not all the needed changes will get done.

serghei

Dest might be fairly decent, but I've seen him for Barca and for the U.S. In crucial times big games, the opponents go after him, too often with success. So, Xavi is right, his tryout with Barca needs to end now.

For backup RB, Roberto is the ultimate team player, Barca through and through. Every manager for the last decade has wanted Roberto on the team. And I also think that every manager has not felt great when Roberto has had to hold down a regular starting role.

It's pretty much impossible for a team to revamp as much in one off-season as Barca has needed to this year. Frankie leaving would greatly increase the payroll flexibility. One thing is certain, by the end of August not all the needed changes will get done.

Good post.

Levers or not, hard to build a new team in one go. But we should be seeing very good short term results based on the moves we made.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's time.

fc-barcelona-v-granada-cf-la-liga-santander-5-2.jpeg

gregorrin10

https://twitter.com/ReshadRahman_/status/1560697938958901250

JUST IN: Barcelona?s interest in Alonso seems to have cooled down. - @David_Ornstein

Coupled with reports from some other sources that Balde leaving even on loan is now ruled out. Please please let him have a good game against Sociedad to really cement it. Just get cash from Chelsea for Auba, and just spend that extra 8M that was going for Alonso on getting a better long term option on RB. If that's Foyth for Xavi, so be it, even though he's not my favourite option, but the truth is, the market isn't really friendly for that position.

But for LB, Alba and Balde for this season are perfectly okay. But actually give Balde the rotation role and being the mainstay in the first team, not like last season, when he was literally just the emergency option. Then next summer push Alba out instead and only then get a new LB and let him fight it out with Balde going forward.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Coupled with reports from some other sources that Balde leaving even on loan is now ruled out. Please please let him have a good game against Sociedad to really cement it. Get 20M cash from Chelsea for Auba, and just spend that 8M that was going for Alonso on getting a better long term option on RB. If that's Foyth for Xavi, so be it.

We need a big performance vs Sociedad. No Busquets, potentially Alba benched. NOW is the opportunity to show Xavi who the real fucking problem in this team is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans