Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuji_31

I am praying that Alonso is not signing for Barca.

It seems they will go for RB, and keep Balde.

Too bad Foyth is player thry are going for

Messi983

serghei

Balde's problem is that he is a terrible defender, and I really mean terrible.

So... unless he somehow turns into a massive offensive weapon providing assists for fun like Trent, he has to up his defensive game by a lot.

wisconsincule

So... unless he somehow turns into a massive offensive weapon providing assists for fun like Trent, he has to up his defensive game by a lot.

Isn’t this Foyth guy better defensively? Balde can be the offensive LB while Foyth is defensive?

At this point I’m all for giving Balde a chance. If he sucks, Alba can just play. As stated before LB/RB will be our big weakness this season but it was unrealistic to expect every single position to be upgraded this summer. Next summer we can focus on LB/RB/DM

khaled_a_d

Isn?t this Foyth guy better defensively? Balde can be the offensive LB while Foyth is defensive?

Problem is that Xavi asks LB to be 4th midfielder now.
Young FB like Dest looked totally lost there when put in that position, veteran LB like Alba played awful there too.
It is just not an easy or simple position to put any fullback in it

Messi983

Then it's time for Xavi to drop this stupid idea how to use FBs if they can't play roles he wants them to.

It made sense using Alves that way last season as he has played quite a lot as midfielder in recent years, could potentially do that with Roberto, maybe Kounde (though would be a waste) but clearly not with Araujo or Alba/Balde on the other side.

Doubt that as he has close to zero end product right now. Could ofc still develop but don't think he'll ever be dominant offensively enough to get away being poor defensively so will need to improve his overall game if he wants to stay here for more than a couple seasons.

That's why I still think sending him on loan to get regular minutes would be smart, just don't see Xavi ever benching Alba. Unless club doesn't believe Balde has a longterm future here and will just use him as a backup this season then sell him. Which would be a shame as I think he could become good enough to be a quality backup longterm but he needs to play a lot at this stage of his career for that to happen.

Porque

I actually think that as a young B team fullback that Balde has higher potential to move through the levels (at our club and our style) compared to the trio that came before (Grimaldo, Cucu, Miranda).

With good positioning and concentration (had a habit of switching off a year or two ago) his pace can get him out of alot of problems. You don't need to be great defensively to work in a system if you got those. Look at Alphonso Davies.

jamrock

He has all the modern physical attributes to be at the very least a very competent back up and with a bit of lucky and focus even more.

Xavi like every other coach will always play the best man for the job, balde obviously won't bench alba now, As he isn't good enough yet, but give him time and let's see how it works out, he's playing perdi, gavi, fati, so clearly if you're good enough he will play you, no matter the age.

Up to balde now.

mc_lovin

You guys need to relax a bit about Balde. He is really not that special at all. Did nothing of note really.

He's an exciting profile. Unlike guys like Alena, Samper and co I have a bit of hope he makes it, but he's 18 after all. Plenty of time for him to develop (or not).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You guys need to relax a bit about Balde. He is really not that special at all. Did nothing of note really.

Raw pure pace, ability to dribble and drive the ball forward.

Not saying he is special but those things alone can make you a starter for most teams. He is 18 so end product might come with experience…..or not but he has been more impressive for the first team in friendlies or whatever than someone like Cucurella was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans