Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Was going to post in the B thread but will post here. Kochen is the first keeper I seen in a while with genuine first team potential. I'd personally push him to be first team squad option, while Astralaga also has a higher ceiling than Pena. Just seemed to have some pressure issues previously.

Even if they are good, the worst thing for them is to start their career as backup GK who rarely plays.

This was a big part of Inaki issues tbh, he overstayed in the club at both B team and as backup. While he was always overrated, he had better potential than what he is now.

And it is also better to have veterans as backup, they are usually more ready for this sporadic appearances.

Messi983

Tah, Kimmich and David are the most interesting three you mentioned.

Was going to post in the B thread but will post here. Kochen is the first keeper I seen in a while with genuine first team potential. I'd personally push him to be first team squad option, while Astralaga also has a higher ceiling than Pena. Just seemed to have some pressure issues previously.

So no need to look at GKers right now.

It's better for him to play regularly for BA than being a 3rd choice GK in first team. Should go on loan next season though. Worst thing we could do is leave him in BA for too long or let him root on the first team bench.

Astralaga's potential is wasted in his current role as well but club probably doesn't believe he has longterm future here so that's more understandable. But ideally he should be on loan this season, possibly in a Segunda team although he doesn't have that much experience on Primera RFEF level either. Could potentially share minutes with Kochen but it's clear club rates the American much higher and will give him lot of games this season. He's the only BA player with contract till 2028 so probably tells how highly regarded he is within the club. Need to be patient and give him the right environment to develop now.

also, how do you rate Yaakobishvili?

Messi983

Even if they are good, the worst thing for them is to start their career as backup GK who rarely plays.

This was a big part of Inaki issues tbh, he overstayed in the club at both B team and as backup. While he was always overrated, he had better potential than what he is now.

And it is also better to have veterans as backup, they are usually more ready for this sporadic appearances.

Yeah, ideally next season we'll have something like

First team: MATS, Valles, Pena (he's ok for third GK, we won't get much for him on the market so could as well keep him and don't waste any younger GK for that role)

Astralaga - sold with a buy back - just in case he develops in another club.

Kochen - loaned to a Segunda A team. If he'll play a full season in BA this season on a good level he won't have much more to prove in Primera RFEF. Should ofc keep him if BA is promoted to Segunda but that's almost impossible with this young and inexperienced team.

Yaakobishvili (should renew his expiring contract before) and that Azerbaijanian GK who is on loan now at BA next season.

Don't really know what other GKs we have coming through La Masia and how they are rated.

Messi983

Las Palmas considering rescinding Valles's contract. They've really messed this up, should have just sell him for a few millions.

fergus90

Davies and TAA Madrid bound? Sucks.
Sucks for Madrids cb’s the most as they both cannot defend well at all.

I said it in another thread but people think Alphonso Davies is a different player to what he actually is. Never kicked on from 2021.

TAA would be a good signing though. Probably work well with the more conservative Mendy on the opposite flank.

serghei

Sucks for Madrids cb’s the most as they both cannot defend well at all.

I said it in another thread but people think Alphonso Davies is a different player to what he actually is. Never kicked on from 2021.

TAA would be a good signing though. Probably work well with the more conservative Mendy on the opposite flank.

True. Davies is not worth the huge issues he constantly causes at the back for the occasional great goal and offensive runs.

Carvajal is gonna be a big miss for them I think.

Andresito

Staff member
Las Palmas considering rescinding Valles's contract. They've really messed this up, should have just sell him for a few millions.
There was a lot of hype around him last season, wonder if he wanted to leave this summer for a bigger club. No offers?

Messi983

There was a lot of hype around him last season, wonder if he wanted to leave this summer for a bigger club. No offers?

He wants to return to Betis and rejected other offers.

Valles – who was rejected multiple offers as his desire is to return to Betis – is set to be sidelined by Las Palmas for the entire season if he stays, but does not sign a new contract. They would accept €6m to close a sale, so Los Verdiblancos know their price for the 27-year-old goalkeeper.

Up until the final day of the transfer window, Betis were trying to sign Valles. However, they could not make a move until Rui Silva, their current number one, left the club, which did not happen because of Benfica pulling their interest.

Porque

Brazilian winger Angelo Gabriel, who never played a competitive match for Chelsea, has join Saudi Pro-League side Al-Nassr from the Blues for £19.1m.

The 19-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge for £13m in July 2023 from Santos and spent last season on loan at Chelsea's sister club Strasbourg, making 24 appearances.

The mere association with Chelsea is believed by many within the club to raise the value of players while they also have Strasbourg, where Angelo spent last season, as a place to send players on loan before they are sold.

---

I'm sure having Saudi investors in Clearlake Capital has nothing to do with opening these SA flips, and that it is all to do with the Chelsea association.

khaled_a_d

What do you all think of Hugo Larsson?

City seems to closely follow him,he was AM converted into CDM, he is just 20 and built like a tank while being fairly athletic.

His numbers are weird though, he seems like a great defensive players but his passing numbers are underwhelming to say at least. Especially if you are followed by a club like City.

Could be an out of the box option for CDM and likely cheaper than the usual suspects (Zubimendi) and worth following his progress.

Any thoughts?

Andresito

Staff member
What do you all think of Hugo Larsson?

City seems to closely follow him,he was AM converted into CDM, he is just 20 and built like a tank while being fairly athletic.

His numbers are weird though, he seems like a great defensive players but his passing numbers are underwhelming to say at least. Especially if you are followed by a club like City.

Could be an out of the box option for CDM and likely cheaper than the usual suspects (Zubimendi) and worth following his progress.

Any thoughts?
@ZenI how has he been for NT? Saw he didn't play yesterday.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
@ZenI how has he been for NT? Saw he didn't play yesterday.
Under the new coach, the game yesterday was the first "competitive" so can't really judge him/Sweden based on the friendlies because whole team looked shambolic tbh. Also, he has only played 2 games with the NT - he came on in the 60-70th minute or something like that in both and didn't impress.
But my thoughts about Bergvall to Barca are meh, sure he's alright but we have superior players in Bernal and Casado - so no, I don't rate him like some others do. Also, he won't be cheap right now because Tottenham believe they have a gem - if we could've had him before them he might have been worth taking a chance on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans