Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Strange, it's not showing up in other players section for me and also couldn't find it with a search function.

Anyone else has same problem?

Do you have the guy who posted the thread on your ignore list? It won't show up if this is the case.
You will have to go to bottom of the "other players" page, click "show ignored content" and it will show up.

I also suspect that the opposite is true too, if he has you on ignore list, you won't find the threads.

Messi983

Do you have the guy who posted the thread on your ignore list? It won't show up if this is the case.
You will have to go to bottom of the "other players" page, click "show ignored content" and it will show up.

I also suspect that the opposite is true too, if he has you on ignore list, you won't find the threads.

It fine now, just logged out and in twice and can see the thread.

Messi983

Looking at the list of potential free agent targets for 2025.

GK: Valles, Meret, Benitez - I believe Valles already has a deal with Betis and will sit this season out but wouldn't mind if we would get him. Benitez was linked to Atleti so would probably accept the bench. Merret unlikely but any of those three would be a big improvement over Pena.

RB: TAA is clearly by far the best player but I think he's Madrid bound. Wesley from Flamengo is only other interesting name, we were linked to him before and could maybe consider him as a cheap option but his contract actually expires in December 2025 so would need to pay some small fee to get him in summer.

CB: Tah - we were linked to him few weeks ago and think he could be interesting for us again, especially if we sell Araujo but we'll probably wait for too long because of our situation and/or he'll have more interest going to Bayern. No other name I would really consider. VVD is too old and will either renew with Liverpool or go to SA imo. "Polish Chygrinskiy" at Valencia is a solid talent but we have better kids coming through La Masia. Soulet was quite highly rated few years ago but injuries stalled his development.

LB: Davies look Madrid bound and don't think we would sign him anyway. But if Flick stays then maybe. No other really interesting name. Reguilon on a short term contract could be ok-ish and possibly Tagliafico on a 1-year contract to rotate with Balde but I'd prefer to just go with the kids than sign another Alonso.

DM: Partey, Jorginho, Paredes - some good names here but all in their thirties so would prefer to stay away.

CM: Kimmich - can see Flick showing interest in him. Depends on how this season will go, how kids will progress and what will happen with FDJ but wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the players Deco will try to negotiate with in January/February but eventually miss out on him. Should probably stay away from Verratti at this point.

RW: Sane is probably another player Flick would like to get but think he has other plans. Signing Salah wouldn't make much sense at this point. United has an option to extend Diallo which they will surely do so won't talk about him. From younger players Rayan from Vasco was highly regarded at some point but never watched him. Maybe @Porque or @khaled_a_d now more about him.

LW: Son - despite his age think he still has a lot in the tank and always liked him so wouldn't mind him if we won't get Nico (would also be a big signing from marketing perspective) but I expect him to renew with Spurs.

ST: Jonathan David - not followed him that closely over last two years but would be excellent signing on a free (if Lille will let his contract expire). I'm sure there will be other clubs who can move for him faster and get him off the market before we'll get our finances in order.

Considering we'll probably spend "big money" on Nico and maybe a DM (if we'll find someone, lol) I would take one of four amongst Valles/Benitez, Tah, Kimmich and J. David. But ofc also depends a lot on who will leave and how this season will go.

Porque

Tah, Kimmich and David are the most interesting three you mentioned.

Was going to post in the B thread but will post here. Kochen is the first keeper I seen in a while with genuine first team potential. I'd personally push him to be first team squad option, while Astralaga also has a higher ceiling than Pena. Just seemed to have some pressure issues previously.

So no need to look at GKers right now.

Andresito

Staff member
Tah, Kimmich and David are the most interesting three you mentioned.

Was going to post in the B thread but will post here. Kochen is the first keeper I seen in a while with genuine first team potential. I'd personally push him to be first team squad option, while Astralaga also has a higher ceiling than Pena. Just seemed to have some pressure issues previously.
Saw he was called up to USMNT

khaled_a_d

Looking at the list of potential free agent targets for 2025.

Valles should be priority at GK. I think we can sway him from Betis.

RB: Only Dumfries is interesting, he is a bit overrated and likely demand a bigger salary than what he should get, but for backup he is more than adequate.

LB: Tyrick Mitchell is the only guy who is within our budget, no idea who he is.

CB: Tah is joining Bayern, VVD on 2 years deal will be perfect but he won't do it.

Midfield: Only Kimmich is interesting, especially since he is versatile player and could act as midfielder and backup RB. Problem is that his best position is CM in the current Pedri role, while he thinks himself as CDM.

Attack: Sane is good versatile option, but he is a guy who is going to give fans headaches, only worth it if he is on a bargain deal.
Son is SS now, not LW really anymore. Great player though.

David is good if he accepts he might not be a starter.

Last edited:

MontenegrinCuler

Davies and TAA Madrid bound? Sucks.
Davies really isn't what he was anymore. Most Bayern superstars from Flick's wonder season are not. Kimmich, Goretzka, Davies and other 2020 heroes are not so loved by Bayern fans anymore. Maybe they would flourish again with Flick coaching them though. I don't think Madrid will be taking Davies at all.

As for TAA, yeah I think we stand no chance. He's friends with Jude, Madrid needs Carvajal replacement desperately and Madrid's superteam generally right now must be attractive to him so I think he'll go there. Really sucks, he could be good for us on RB.

Andresito

Staff member
Lots of these players are pretty big names and will demand top salary, despite not being worth it. That's why you might sign max 1 of them.
Likes of Kimmich, TAA, Sane, Davies and even Tah and Dumfries will get big offers, if not from Europe there will be from Saudi.

The batch is incredible compared to last year's. If this was FM you could sign half a new team that could compete for CL.

Why wasn't likes of Neymar and Messi included in your lists though :messi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans