Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Lack of speed upfront would be an issue and no proper wingers.

We would lose vs any top team. They would bully us physically. Press our midfield like crazy and abuse our high line Bayern style.

And we would probably struggle a lot in headers. Both sides of the pitch.

Defense really needs physical monster defenseman. Pique is finished and Garcia too slow.

We lack ALOT everywhere. Nowhere near good enough.
Was just posting becouse its the most likely what we will get.
Pretty much the same as last year.

behindbrowneyes

PSG have released Rafinha from his obligations to the club.:nasser: Our players are the same everywhere. He won't come back?

Poor lad. Rafinha was only signed to please Neymar. Now that Neymar has extended his contract, they don't need him anymore and threw him out like trash. :lol:

Barcilliant

Spot on analysis. The names look good on paper but that's it. Tactically and considering the current level of these players, the team will get crushed against any serious opponent. I would like to see a match between this bunch and bayern of a few years ago. would be worse than 8-2.

This is the problem. People don't get it. The squad has holes everywhere and lacks physicality and leaders. Even the best managers would struggle with this squad.
The signings we have made will improve the squad slightly but not drastically.

I would grab Ribery. He is FREE and has some serious Game in his legs.

Paulinho - same.

Boateng, Bertrand, Townsend, van Anholt, Costa, Jovetić, Mata, Gameiro, Clyne could be usefull.

Matić would be cheap to get, like 10-15 M.

Beggars can't be choosers. Free players are Gift from God to us in current situation...

malvolio

I would grab Ribery. He is FREE and has some serious Game in his legs.

Paulinho - same.

Boateng, Bertrand, Townsend, van Anholt, Costa, Jovetić, Mata, Gameiro, Clyne could be usefull.

Matić would be cheap to get, like 10-15 M.

Beggars can't be choosers. Free players are Gift from God to us in current situation...

might as well they gave me 1-2 mil a season as i'd provide the same output as the guys on that list. swear i wouldn't generate any drama either.

SABANS

So, apparently we want to release Pjanic for free now, and he does not want to leave - which means we will most likely pay him for three years (Like RM wiw with Bale, and Arnesal with Ozil), thanks to that orange clown

Messi983

He wants to leave but doesn't want to be released which is totally understandable. Laporta is doing things wrong.

MTL_Barca

Getting rid of Pjanic for free would be terrible, he's not amazing but it's not like he is totally useless. Can't believe that no club would take him, even on loan.

Umtiti might be different, i don't think any club that can pay anything close to his current salary would be interested.

Porque

Pjanic definitely has utility to a club in Serie A. He has proven so. I think it is more a case that Laporta doesn't have the time to wait for a deal to come to fruition, but with Pjanic he should be.

If there is any inkling of truth in us wanting to release him, then we have totally shot his transfer or even exchange value. He is not a case like Umtiti where it has been 2 or 3 years trying to get rid and comes with serious injury history.

He is just a player who the coach didn't count on, and only turned 31 a few months back.

xXKonan

The Pjanic deal could have gone two ways.

-He comes in and contributes well and instantly becomes a starter and Busi is phased out. Sure he was on the downtrend as well but still only 30 when he came and could have at least given us a couple of seasons of top-level football.

-He comes in, Coach doesn't rate him and when he plays he's not good enough to warrant benching the other options, is on high wages, and eventually even gets benched by another 17-year-old kid.

Worst case scenario just happened. It went from a possible "Well he could still give as a good couple of seasons" to "Fuck this guy makes Arda Turan look like a good transfer".

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Problem is that no one, not even Juventus, want to pay his salary. I'm sure we'd be open to move him for a token fee or even for free as long as a team accept his salary, but no team will do that.

Redbuck

I really expected the second scenario tbh.Really think we made a huge mistake in agreeing to a Pjanic-Arthur swap just to get a freaking 12 million euro profit !!!.

Porque

Problem is that no one, not even Juventus, want to pay his salary. I'm sure we'd be open to move him for a token fee or even for free as long as a team accept his salary, but no team will do that.

How much more did we offer him than he was earning at Juve? I would put nothing past Bartomeu doing something ridiculous.

But bear in mind that last summer we were in the midst of Covid. Barto really fucked us over.

khaled_a_d

How much more did we offer him than he was earning at Juve? I would put nothing past Bartomeu doing something ridiculous.

But bear in mind that last summer we were in the midst of Covid. Barto really fucked us over.

IIRC, he just got same exact contract he had signed in Juve, same salary and number of years (or one extra year, not 100% sure)
But he was already paid highly in Juve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans