Barca Transfers and Rumors

Co0ter

Why would we be looking at a DM if we have Bernal and Casado already both looking promising. We have other positions which require more attention at the moment. DM only becomes relevant if Casado proves to not be able to hack it in the CL. Bernal unfortunately we wont know whether he is the real deal or not for a long time due to injury.

khaled_a_d

Why would we be looking at a DM if we have Bernal and Casado already both looking promising. We have other positions which require more attention at the moment. DM only becomes relevant if Casado proves to not be able to hack it in the CL. Bernal unfortunately we wont know whether he is the real deal or not for a long time due to injury.

You have answered your question, and this is why there was "if" in the original post.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
But is he better than Raphinha? That's the main question.

Not many are available.
But he can play CF/ST, LW and RW in a pinch - in that regard he's more "useful" than Nico, would also solve rotation/injury on Lewa. So not really comparable with Raphinha...

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
But he can play CF/ST, LW and RW in a pinch - in that regard he's more "useful" than Nico, would also solve rotation/injury on Lewa. So not really comparable with Raphinha...
Ah, that's fine then.
But for 50m (definitely higher if other clubs are involved), would you want to spend that much on a rotation player? With the finances we have.

TheStig

I agree priorities about future transfer changed a lot in comparison from a few months ago. Back then it was LW and DM but now I would prefer a striker and fullbacks before we're going for a winger. A lot depens on how Casado will look against top teams.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I agree priorities about future transfer changed a lot in comparison from a few months ago. Back then it was LW and DM but now I would prefer a striker and fullbacks before we're going for a winger. A lot depens on how Casado will look against top teams.
Honestly, the next week should give us a much clearer picture. If we do actually good, we will know the level these players are at.
We can then keep the DM and LW on the backburner, and visit them around April months if we are not fairing that well.

As of now, Wingbacks and Striker. That's the reason I wanted us to go for a big signing in the No.9 position. But let's see how our finances fair aswell. Too many variabilities at this time of the season to pinpoint the absolute necessity next summer.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We most probably won't go big next season on a #9 if Lewa doesn't get a long term injury, his contract automatically gets extended for next season if he plays more than 50% of the matches this season - so far he has played almost all minutes... There's no way we will bring in an expensive striker next season while paying Lewa 25M and playing him majority of the games. That's why we could need somebody that could cover CF/ST, LW and RW for next season + an LB and we're good - spending 60-70M on two quality players for those positions (surely less if we can get away with it) while also hopefully selling Tuna and some Atletic players would be ideal.

Messi983

Tbf If we won't get an upgrade over Kounde and Balde as starters then I would prefer to look at versatile FBs that can cover both positons. Amar Dedic from Salzburg is one of them. Primarily plays RB but has played as LB too.

I know we have Fort but he needs to play regularly so should loan him to get a season of La Liga or other top division football experience if we count on him long term. Keeping him to warm the bench while likes of Martin and Big Dom gets more minutes than him makes little sense. If possible I would already look to sign a RB/LB in January and let Fort go on loan for second half of this season. Or at least let him play for BA. He's clearly above that level but he would at least keep some match rhythm if/when needed.

If we are still in the market for CDM next summer, then Dário Essugo is worth following, good talent for Las Palmas.

Good player. According to TM his contract is up next summer. He would be a good FA signing but probably many other clubs would make more sense for him to go to if he wants clear path to first team minutes.

Although here it's mentioned he's under contract till 2027. Makes more sense to me, doubt Sporting would let him go on loan with his contract expiring.

Of course, if the Lions receive an attractive offer for the athlete, they won't put aside the possibility of accepting it. Essugo has a contract until 2027 (according to the Lions' financial report for 2022/23, the latest available) and a termination clause of 45 million euros.

I think Essugo will be amongst the next batch of players - including likes of Quenda, Harder (who they just bought this summer) and possibly Fresneda - who will take on bigger role in the team next season after they will sell some of current stars.

Obviously Gyokeres but then also both CBs Inacio and Diomande are in high demands from PL clubs and DM Hjulmand could also be sold. Last three (amongst Quenda who is making breakthrough this season but don't think it's his time to leave yet) were all linked to City in last few days but that's probably just a lazy media talk considering current Sporting SD Hugo Viana will replace Txiki next summer. Doesn't mean one or two Sporting players won't end up at City though especially if they will also get Amorim to replace Pep if he decides to leave.

Essugo's value is far from maximized and would be really surprised if he would be sold unless they get an offer close to his reported clause. You never know with PL clubs if one of them gets "in love" with Essugo and decide to spend big money (30-40m) on him but I don't think Barca would do that.

Andresito

Staff member
Would be a good cheap backup to Kounde. I'd however prefer if he kept playing regularly a full season. It's a risk to wait but it'll also show if his form is just temporary or if he's actually good enough to return.

khaled_a_d

Essugo's value is far from maximized and would be really surprised if he would be sold unless they get an offer close to his reported clause. You never know with PL clubs if one of them gets "in love" with Essugo and decide to spend big money (30-40m) on him but I don't think Barca would do that.

A lot depends on if we want him, and if the player want us. With 2 more years in contract you can always pressure his club and the new management to sell him rather than risk him being a player with one year left in contract.

There is also the Florentino Luis case, a player who gained value in Liga and lost it in Portugal.

Sporting sales are usually more reasonable than other Portuguese clubs. Only once in their history they have sold a player for over 60M.

If Casado proves a liability, hopefully not, and we went in the market for a CDM, there won't be cheap options anyway.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Would be a good cheap backup to Kounde. I'd however prefer if he kept playing regularly a full season. It's a risk to wait but it'll also show if his form is just temporary or if he's actually good enough to return.
Ya really don't rate Fort? The dude is more than good enough to cover for Kounde a couple of weeks...
We need a LB and cover for RW,LW,ST. Let's get that Egyptian guy actually.

Home of Barca Fans