Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

What "current madness"? What do you mean?

Having guys like Pena, Martin, Torres as main subs who has to play serious minutes. With players like Dom or Eric Garcia being really close from playing time considering injury history of Christensen & Araujo and the fact that Inigo might be leaving. I could add Fort to the list too as I hope he will go on loan and we will get a better more experienced option there, but that is a personal preference of mine.

Think about it though, with shit financial situation we were able to sign Olmo. Granted had to let some players go.

But we still did sign Olmo. Who knows what will happen, so lets see.

I am hopeful that we will sign a big name.

We didn't fully register him, or Pau or Inigo, all of them along Szczęsny are registered as injury replacement players which means all 4 would have to be registered again next year, and what we pay them in salary and transfer amortization is subtracted from next year budget.
Before Szczęsny. Laporta confirmed we are 60M away from being 1:1, with the Polish it is even more. If Nike deal doesn't cover that we are in a big problem.

And even if it covers it, we will be just at the borderline, with only increase being more games in Camp Nou and whatever we save from Messi salary. I doubt that is enough for big signing + adding 3 or 4 players for depth tbh.

khaled_a_d

Big wages are expected to drop soon as deferred payments to former players are gonna come to an end.

How soon though? Only Messi we know ends next summer, which is significant I guess but no one knows if amigos are still getting paid and if yes what is the terms of it.

Lenglet is going to get paid until 2027, Umtiti until 2026, Frenkie deferred salary until 2026, Stegen until 2028,

And Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie, Araujo all has contracts until 2026, all will likely ask for significant pay raise.

Porque

Having guys like Pena, Martin, Torres as main subs who has to play serious minutes. With players like Dom or Eric Garcia being really close from playing time considering injury history of Christensen & Araujo and the fact that Inigo might be leaving. I could add Fort to the list too as I hope he will go on loan and we will get a better more experienced option there, but that is a personal preference of mine.

Good post. But we could say this Summer was an extreme situation which we have kind of managed to get through thanks to Laporta's bold faith in Flick and Flicks confidence to maximize the pieces he has.

The injury situation has itself been outlandish. Without it the squad would be quite comfortable.

But I do agree with you, we discarded a ton of depth that Xavi's Barca had.

But also we are undervaluing a few players. I'm probably Eric Garcia's biggest detractor here, but he was starter at a top 4 side last season and good depth for any LaLiga side. The same with Ferran who is decent, but the club is too big for him and he has the mentality of a wet noodle.

Even Gerard Martin, aka the new Marcos Alonso doesn't really need to be playing as Hector Fort is able to play both sides.

But then the problem isn't Martin so much, but that it's Martin and DOM playing together because we have so many injuries to defence and midfield meaning the guy who should be in the D who is fit (Eric) is having to plug a hole in midfield.

And even then the two slipups are down to A (LaLiga) where Flick over rotated and B (CL) a 5th minute red card away to the best team in Ligue1 right now.

Andresito

Staff member
Sport. Also another Mendes player. Make of that what you will. Thought he looked good v Madrid though.

Barcelona are looking for a right-back, and Lille's Tiago Santos is the most desired candidate. He's having an impressive start to the season so far.
@sport

Messi983

Lewa will stay until his contract is up so don't see a big investment in a striker before 2026. Not ideal as we should be preparing his long term replacement but we gave up on him already without giving him a fair chance.

For next summer ideally we should look for a versatile forward who can play on the wings and also as a #9. So in other words an upgrade over Tuna. We don't need immediate starters at those positions but need someone who is good enough so drop off between him and the starters wouldn't be as big as it is now.

Who that player would be I have no idea, it's a job for our scouts and Deco to identify that player and bring him. I'm sure there is someone realistically available who can do the job.

Messi983

Good player but he'll turn 30 in a month and probably won't be cheap knowing Napoli so would stay away from him.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
We didn't fully register him, or Pau or Inigo, all of them along Szczęsny are registered as injury replacement players which means all 4 would have to be registered again next year, and what we pay them in salary and transfer amortization is subtracted from next year budget.
Before Szczęsny. Laporta confirmed we are 60M away from being 1:1, with the Polish it is even more. If Nike deal doesn't cover that we are in a big problem.
You know much more about our contracts and financial stuff, so I will mildly agree with you. Still, almost a year is left, we'll have much more clarity on this front in the coming months.

What I disagree with you is about this perceived lack of depth. We actually have quite a depth except in two positions.
The GK and the Fullbacks. Goalie is a glaring one, while with the Fullbacks we have Fort who isn't getting used. On top our LB is already not of top quality, hence it is more of a starter we should be looking for rather than a backup for Balde.

It is our depth in the midfield and the defense that's carrying us. We still have Araujo and Christensen to recover, while Garcia is a perfectly fine depth for our defense. Thats 5 players for 2 positions. Dont think Inigo will leave if he keeps this level.

jamrock

Martinez should definitely leave, Garcia replaces him, then one of Christensen, araujo, kounde is sold in 2026, and we bring back the African price to form the world's best CB pairing with cubarsi.

TheStig

That it ends in 2025? Don't remember that and Laporta is a liar so it doesn't matter what he says anyway. Hope it's true.
What I disagree with you is about this perceived lack of depth. We actually have quite a depth except in two positions.

We have depth in attack?

Home of Barca Fans