Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

Ya, that's fine. Let him have his ego.
We have trophies to win.
We need to be ruthless, it will be his last year/ half season not being a starter. He gets his cameos/ Sub in.
If you are not happy, you can leave next season.

This has essentially never happened in recent memory, Halland joined after Aguero was out, Kane was signed after Ldwa was out, Mbappe joined after a year of Bellingham leaving.

We also don't have the funds to have Lewa and his replacement at the same time, Lewa remains the player who impacts our salary cap the most.
Unless he finally decides to go to USA or KSA, we will have ton of other areas to cover before thinking about splashing big money on a starting no9.
We need a better GK, a healthy CB, backup fullbacks, one proper winger in addition to no9.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
This has essentially never happened in recent memory, Halland joined after Aguero was out, Kane was signed after Ldwa was out, Mbappe joined after a year of Bellingham leaving.
I don't know if its happened or not, but in the examples you gave Aguero left ManC when he was 33, he was younger than Lewa now.
Ours is a unique scenario where our No9 will be 38 when his contract ends. None of the clubs had to account for that, and from your examples, they replaced theirs way before the striker even reached 35. Lewa is already 36.

I think we will have the funds to manage both.

Regarding other signings, yes we need a fullback, GK too but I am hoping Wojak will continue. Dont think we will need to pay for a CB, Tah should be available for free.

For me, a Striker is a priority for us than a LW. Raph is doing pretty well and I don't think at this moment no player can replace him. We should spend the money for a winger on a striker and our jobs done.
If we are not able to sign a Striker or even a backup who can take the reins from Lewa, I fully expect us to have a very poor March/April of 2026. Unless Pau Victor or Fati became what we all want them to be.
I like Marmoush though, as you said he plays LW too, so he can be utilised well.

serghei

Agreed. Lewa out in 2026 and splash big on CF. Don't think there is a magic trick here.

jamrock

As much as I thought the forum was overreacting to lewa's form/age coming into this season.

Having him as the main starting striker next season will really be pushing it.

But we have no real options, since our plan to have him play less minutes this season and hence not trigger his extension, has not worked out at all (Roque).

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Agreed. Lewa out in 2026 and splash big on CF. Don't think there is a magic trick here.
If there isn't a long term injury on Lewa this probably is the way. Give me an LB this winter and an LW/RW backup in the summer and we good.

khaled_a_d

I don't know if its happened or not, but in the examples you gave Aguero left ManC when he was 33, he was younger than Lewa now.
Ours is a unique scenario where our No9 will be 38 when his contract ends. None of the clubs had to account for that, and from your examples, they replaced theirs way before the striker even reached 35. Lewa is already 36.

I think we will have the funds to manage both.

This seems more of a wishful thinking tbh.
Also, the question isn't if we can get a big name no 9, but on what expense? We will probably have to sell and not sign any other players, like we did last summer to get Olmo.
At the end, Lewa contract was more or less a poisonous pill, he has so far provided what was expected from him and more, but we all know that at some point it is going to bite us and he won't be worth the money he is getting. It is a fair trade.
We will have to accept that when it happens, considering our financial situation and the state of the team.
I would rather get a guy like Jonathan David or play with a false 9, and address our total lack of depth, than again continue with the current madness.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Also, the question isn't if we can get a big name no 9, but on what expense? We will probably have to sell and not sign any other players, like we did last summer to get Olmo.
At the end, Lewa contract was more or less a poisonous pill, he has so far provided what was expected from him and more, but we all know that at some point it is going to bite us and he won't be worth the money he is getting. It is a fair trade.
We will have to accept that when it happens, considering our financial situation and the state of the team.
I would rather get a guy like Jonathan David or play with a false 9, and address our total lack of depth, than again continue with the current madness.
What "current madness"? What do you mean?

draconifire

I think our financial state will be much better next year. We are almost at 1:1. The Nike deal will give us a bonus of 110m+ on top of the increased yearly payment. Can't say for sure, but that should be 150m ish extra from Nike next year? We will be back in Camp Nou, adding to our revenue.

If I am wrong and we really wont have the funds, then I for sure would like us to sign J. David then.

But if I am right, next summer should be the prime time we should splurge out. Some of the top contenders will probably not be available come 2026.

And we only have a lack of depth in the Fullbacks and GK.

TheStig

It's not a given that we'll be in a better financial situation. The shananigans with Barca Studios is not resolved, we projected that we'll soon be at Camp Nou which is not certain, the fallout of the CWC, it's a big question how far we will go in the CL, the big wages remain... I think we will be better than in the previous summer but don't expect us to spend a lot, don't think we'll be in a situation where we can end the summer with a -100 milion net spend or something like that.

serghei

Big wages are expected to drop soon as deferred payments to former players are gonna come to an end.

draconifire

Think about it though, with shit financial situation we were able to sign Olmo. Granted had to let some players go.

But we still did sign Olmo. Who knows what will happen, so lets see.

I am hopeful that we will sign a big name.

Porque

I do like Marmoush, he is good player, and on top of that he was from an area that was just minutes away from where I am, and I even knew some folks he used to play amatuer ball with him.

He had a very steady arch of improvement, from being at Wolfsburg II, loans in Bundesliga 2 and Stuttgart , successful return to Wolfsburg and amazing development at Frankfurt.

He exceeded my expectations so far, and I hope he will further prove me wrong, however, I can't expect him to be a star player in Barca esque club.

He was a LW who can dribble and very good in attacking space, but now moved to a CF with a lot of freedom. He can be a very good backup option for LW, CF & maybe AM, but him as Lewa replacement? I think we need to see more of the same at least to talk about such move. Especially since he thrives in space which Liga doesn't provide much

Nice post. There are rumours of Arsenal interest and a 30-40m GBP fee.

Gazzznigga

Finally, a rarely seen realistic and unprejudiced reasoning on Barca forum.

Dreaming to buy "elite" 100m striker, for a club that had to de-register some of its players to register the so called signing of 2024.

Hard truth, Barca cant compete for those "elite" players yet until the books are "even" and from recent developments, there is no guarantee it will happen soon or in 2025. Until then, free agents and players with expiring contracts are the closest Barca can get to the "elite" players.

There is nothing wrong with dreaming too, though.

As a fan, I wish Barca success everytime, but i am not that delusional to the point of being comically quixotic In my expectations.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans