Barca Transfers and Rumors

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
No interest in Omar Marmoush of Eintracht?Would be a good back up CF.
There this David guy going free next summer. He will be a better option. But I am not sure if we should look for a backup at all.

We go for a world beater (Gryokeres/Haaland/Isak) while having Lewa, rotate them and integrate the new guy. By the time peak season comes up, he should be a starter and should be more reliable than Lewa.

For all intents and purposes, this should be Lewa's last year as an undisputed starter.

Andresito

Staff member
There this David guy going free next summer. He will be a better option. But I am not sure if we should look for a backup at all.

We go for a world beater (Gryokeres/Haaland/Isak) while having Lewa, rotate them and integrate the new guy. By the time peak season comes up, he should be a starter and should be more reliable than Lewa.

For all intents and purposes, this should be Lewa's last year as an undisputed starter.
Lewy earns way too much to have him on the bench. The CF signing would earn even more. Lewy+David is the most realistic pairing.

TheStig

Lewa will never be on the bench, that's not an option. If you keep Lewa than he starts 99% of the time.

My ideal would be Šeško + David for next season but it's never gonna happen. I don't think we will buy or bring a CF next summer.

draconifire

He won't be on the bench now, this season, or when the next season starts. But next year he's going to be 37 at the start of the season, and even older closer to 38 when the season gets tough around March/April.

Shouldn't a top team already have a replacement for an aging player who is in his last year of contract? We won't be this broke next summer to justify this reasoning. Do we not want to play for UCL? Do you guys really think we should rely on a 38-ish old player at those crucial times, or even Lewa be able to stay this fit and deliver like now, in March 2026?

Any new Starter will take their time to adjust to ours, so why not get them early and let them adjust. By the time March/April rolls in he will take up the mantle from Lewa.

TheStig

It doesn't matter what we want, if Lewa will be a part of the team next season he's gonna be a starter. That's a fact. Egos like Lewa's will never accept being on the bench at any age.

draconifire

It doesn't matter what we want, if Lewa will be a part of the team next season he's gonna be a starter. That's a fact. Egos like Lewa's will never accept being on the bench at any age.
Ya, that's fine. Let him have his ego.
We have trophies to win.
We need to be ruthless, it will be his last year/ half season not being a starter. He gets his cameos/ Sub in.
If you are not happy, you can leave next season.

Porque

Let's see how Lewandowski is in the business end of the season. It is all well and good playing like this now, but it all means jack if he drops off in the second half of the season and we lose all comps.

But IF he remains like this all season he will obviously stay (though a more ruthless club would look at the data metrics and see this as the opportune time to cash in). In that case a solid rotation option to maximise Lewy's minutes like Jonathan David is the way to go. He has good close control, first touch and passing leading the line. So not a Roque. Plus he has good finishing, even if not absolute tier 1.

Someone mentioned Omar Marmoush who is smashing it this season for Frankfurt, and can also do a job on the left. @khaled_a_d can tell us more on his top level. He went on a free in 2023, so on one hand you can say he wouldn't have had that growth if we got him back then, especially with Xavi and his lack of offensive patterns. But on the other hand, shame we didn't identify these type of offensive talents before we have to spend upwards of 30m for them.

Porque

Linked with JP Chermont of Santos.

Rightback.

Looks like a typical European style fullback prospect to me. Hector Fort does the same as this guy.

Last edited:

TheStig

Ya, that's fine. Let him have his ego.
We have trophies to win.
We need to be ruthless, it will be his last year/ half season not being a starter. He gets his cameos/ Sub in.
If you are not happy, you can leave next season.

I agree with you but it doesn't work like that and it won't happen.

khaled_a_d

Someone mentioned Omar Marmoush who is smashing it this season for Frankfurt, and can also do a job on the left. @khaled_a_d can tell us more on his top level. He went on a free in 2023, so on one hand you can say he wouldn't have had that growth if we got him back then, especially with Xavi and his lack of offensive patterns. But on the other hand, shame we didn't identify these type of offensive talents before we have to spend upwards of 30m for them.

I do like Marmoush, he is good player, and on top of that he was from an area that was just minutes away from where I am, and I even knew some folks he used to play amatuer ball with him.

He had a very steady arch of improvement, from being at Wolfsburg II, loans in Bundesliga 2 and Stuttgart , successful return to Wolfsburg and amazing development at Frankfurt.

He exceeded my expectations so far, and I hope he will further prove me wrong, however, I can't expect him to be a star player in Barca esque club.

He was a LW who can dribble and very good in attacking space, but now moved to a CF with a lot of freedom. He can be a very good backup option for LW, CF & maybe AM, but him as Lewa replacement? I think we need to see more of the same at least to talk about such move. Especially since he thrives in space which Liga doesn't provide much

Home of Barca Fans