Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neymessi

And that is what worries me. Iniesta/Cesc didnt work, and Raki is just the same type of player as Cesc. Rafinha is another AM.
Would rather we gotten Pjanic then Raki. Pjanic also seems to be more of a leader then Raki.
Best friends Benatia and Pjanic is just waiting there, it cant be much better, but our board is smashing their heads against a wall as usual to sign a defender from a club that doesnt need money.

Nope.

NotInHere

Yeah, probably. 100M + Alexis would be 140-150m in total :lol:
Sure the Barca board has made bad judgements, but don't expect them to be that stupid. Pretty obvious they are going to use Alexis as a bargaining chip and offer what they think is right and not waste all of there budget so they could still get more out of the market.

That's the obvious thing, don't know why you guys are expecting something out of the obvious

Sure the Barca board has made bad judgements, but don't expect them to be that stupid. Pretty obvious they are going to use Alexis as a bargaining chip and offer what they think is right and not waste all of there budget so they could still get more out of the market.

That's the obvious thing, don't know why you guys are expecting something out of the obvious

Yeah, I don't even see our board being dumb enough to pay 100M + Alexis. It'll probably be something more like 40-50m plus Alexis.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Come on, guys. A huge reason why our defense was "decent against Atletico" was because Victor was in the form of his life. There was one game in particular where we played Sevilla away where we easily would have been down 2 or 3 goals in the first half for it not for Valdes pulling off rabbit out of the hat style saves and we finished half time up a goal and won 4-1. VV's form papered over any cracks we had defensively and is why when he went down, our season fell apart.

Offense vs defense, I'd say 80% of our struggles have been down to a subpar defense. Defensive tiki-taka (killing teams and wearing them down with possession) would work if we didn't coinceded so many weak goals. With a solid defense and 65-70%+ of the ball, the worst case scenario is that you tie 0-0.

Another great example was the La Liga clasico at the Bernabau, with a solid defense Madrid don't take the lead back from our early goal and the game probably would have been easier to control. But having such a frail backline puts added pressure to our MF and FWs

While I won't disagree that at times our offense can look toothless, don't underestimate how a weak defense hinders that. Having a defense that can deflect and break up counter attacks will help us offensively bc we win the ball back more frequently and gives us space to attack off the transition, a key part in what made Pep's system work so well here.

Suarez is fine and all but for how much money we are going to spend on one player, with a bit more imagination from our board we could get more quality players across the board. For example, we get Jackson Martinez and Benatia for 100 million, keep Alexis and we get more bang for our buck. Martinez would be our Eto'o 2.0

Bertus

What's so 'wow' about this? Alexis is worth £32m easily, especially after this World Cup
I know many of you guys won't agree with me but i value Alexis around 50M euros. So 40M (£32) is a bargain to me.

Especially after this world cup.

Underrated player.

Espenfk

"I cannot give specifics, but we need defenders and we need one forward," Josep Maria Bartomeu continued. "There won't be an arrival in midfield.

= Marquinhos, Matheiu and Suarez

The Blaugrana president also highlighted that with signings to come, players will have to leave as well - "we can't have 30 players".

"Leo Messi is not transferable," he said. "Not at any price."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans