Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea... clearly in clutch games it was actually our attack that was toothless, which most of us here boiled down to a general problem in offensive animation against top teams.

Meanwhile defense was surprisingly ok during these games. Which isn't to say it shouldn't be improved

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
You must be joking? Did you watch Barca games last season?

Last season was a problem of management more than anything. Messi was injured at the start of the year and we had to integrate Neymar in his first season (which went quite well all things considered). Even so we only had 6 league games where we didn't score which, although is a lot for Barca in recent years, is not time to press the panic button. Why do you think that having another forward will guarantee more goals? Haven't you seen that we have tried that with Ibra, Villa and Sanchez? Neither of them scored a hell of a lot of goals. We have goals and the invention in Neymar and Messi. Pedro isn't goal shy either and Iniesta will always give us that creative spark in the middle of the park. What we need most of all is a coach who understands the Barca way of playing and is respected by the players. We need someone who can get the best out of the current crop of players to succeed. Buying another striker will not guarantee goals.

However, getting a CB when we don't have any will guarantee us a stronger defence.

F

Flavia

Yes I accept that they will probably leave but that is not my point really. My point is that we don't need to strengthen the attack, we need to strengthen our biggest weakness and that is our defence.

I know the defense needs major improvement, I agree. I hope cb's will come. But the attack needs an upgrade too.

Still you are admitting that there is a problem related to our attack, whether you blame it on individual players or tactics.

And yes it's not just a numbers problem like it almost is in defense

Kerrybai

Funnily enough our defence was solid most of the team vs Atletico. It was our attack that let us down so getting an upgrade in both departments sounds about right. I imagine we will still land 1-2 good centre backs once the World Cup ends.

It's too early to panic.

Vilarrubi

Last season was a problem of management more than anything. Messi was injured at the start of the year and we had to integrate Neymar in his first season (which went quite well all things considered). Even so we only had 6 league games where we didn't score which, although is a lot for Barca in recent years, is not time to press the panic button. Why do you think that having another forward will guarantee more goals? Haven't you seen that we have tried that with Ibra, Villa and Sanchez? Neither of them scored a hell of a lot of goals. We have goals and the invention in Neymar and Messi. Pedro isn't goal shy either and Iniesta will always give us that creative spark in the middle of the park. What we need most of all is a coach who understands the Barca way of playing and is respected by the players. We need someone who can get the best out of the current crop of players to succeed. Buying another striker will not guarantee goals.

However, getting a CB when we don't have any will guarantee us a stronger defence.

1. Villa was never bought for goals.. and the work he did up front was key to our success.

2. Sanchez is a completely different position to Suarez.. He's not a CF like Suarez.

3. Messi isn't a CF himself, that's why a true CF is needed for him to play off and make space for him like Villa, Eto did.

4. Yes we do need to strengthen our defence but that wasn't the reason we had a bad season.

B

beautifulgame

midfield and defense and goalkeeping.

the attack was the only thing that didn't need help in terms of personnel last year.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
1. Villa was never bought for goals.. and the work he did up front was key to our success.

2. Sanchez is a completely different position to Suarez.. He's not a CF like Suarez.

3. Messi isn't a CF himself, that's why a true CF is needed for him to play off and make space for him like Villa, Eto did.

4. Yes we do need to strengthen our defence but that wasn't the reason we had a bad season.

1. Villa was bought for goals. You are making things up now.

2. Sanchez was bought as a number 9, which mystified everyone at the time.

3. I thought Villa wasn't a CF?

4. Nor was our attack...

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Nope that was what he was bought as, which is why there was a huge debate on here about his goal scoring record and whether the club had lost the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans