Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Complete News from MD about marquinhos, Mathieu and co.

• - Barcelona has two targets. Mathieu and Marquinhos.
  • - There's a big problem right now, both clubs don't want to sell.
  • - Only Mathieu could be bought because he has a release clause of 20M euros. Which is too much according to barcelona sources.
  • - PSG wants 30M for Marquinhos (in spanish medias, price is going down every day :lol: 40-35-30M, so funny) which is considered too much by barcelona too.
  • - MD advises Barcelona to create a new short-list, like contacting Vertonghen (I swear they read Barcaforum. Just yesterday somebody here said "to try vertonghen", and pouf, MD publishes that... :lol:)
  • - MD think that by doing that, it will put pressure on Valencia and PSG that will be afraid to lose money if Barcelona switches targets, so they will accept to lower their price. ( :facepalm: )

------------------------

Lucas Moura got interviewed and gave some infos about Marquinhos situation :

• - Lucas Moura stays at PSG no matter what.
  • - About Marquinhos he said "I hope he will stay here with us. He's a very important player to PSG, and one of my best friends. But my opinion is that I think he will stay with us."

Bertus

PSG would be stupid not to take it, if you ask me. He's 29 and he ain't getting any younger.. If Barca are going to spend that much, just go for Hummels and be done with it.

Then we are stupid, sorry.

Last edited:
L

linetty

MD advises Barcelona to create a new short-list, like contacting Vertonghen (I swear they read Barcaforum. Just yesterday somebody here said "to try vertonghen", and pouf, MD publishes that... :lol:)
Vertonghen? :tata1::rolleyes:

Cule4life

The Culest
So how many pages before we get the CB? 1200?

I would give up a chance to date Emilia clarke for Hummels or Benatia to come to Barca

Bertus

I think he meant why Barça can't just pay 50m for a cb like psg did for david luiz. Not 50m for a psg player.
Oh ya, misread. I edited.

And to reply to him. Everyone is wondering why. They could snatch Benatia for that price.

Bertus

Yes, thank you.

Anyway what are the chances barca will try for hummels?
They can try, but the problem is not the player or the fee, it's Klopp.

Besides that Hummels said he will stay at BvB, the problem is that even if he would want to join Barcelona, there's an impassable wall named Klopp.

Kohe321

With Neymar, Messi and Suarez as our forwards, we might as well just promote some Barca B centerbacks and embrace the identity as the biggest yolo team ever. So what if we concede 7 goals, we'll score 8! Attack is the best defence!

:pep:

No but seriously, I wonder which centerback(s) we'll end up getting in the end.

Bertus

No but seriously, I wonder which centerback(s) we'll end up getting in the end.

I don't understand Barcelona. If we believe a bit of the MD news, they want players but refuse to pay the asked fee.

Valencia wants 20M for Mathieu because it's his release clause and they refuse to pay.

I don't know what they expect. 10M?

Why would Valencia be generous to them especially since they know Barcelona is desperate for CBs? Does Barcelona's board realize that they are in deep shit?

Last edited:

Kohe321

@Bertus The answer is simple, it's because the only argument our negotiators know and use during transfertalks are: "50m buyout clause? But we are FC Barcelona... Here's 25m. Now kiss my hand or gtfo".

:lol:

Last edited:

icemanbrfc

I don't understand Barcelona. If we believe a bit of the MD news, they want players but refuse to pay the asked fee.

Valencia wants 20M for Mathieu because it's his release clause and they refuse to pay.

I don't know what they expect. 10M?

Why would Valencia be generous to them especially since they know Barcelona is desperate for CBs? Does Barcelona's board realize that they are in deep shit?

I have to agree with you on this one Bertus. The strange thing, is that we are prepared to pay so much for Suarez, but wont pay say 40mill on a quality defender. Its in defence that is the problem area, but we are trying to get quality defenders for cut price fees. This is the reason why clubs dont want to deal with us, because we want to give them stupid amounts for their players.

Bertus

I have to agree with you on this one Bertus. The strange thing, is that we are prepared to pay so much for Suarez, but wont pay say 40mill on a quality defender. Its in defence that is the problem area, but we are trying to get quality defenders for cut price fees. This is the reason why clubs dont want to deal with us, because we want to give them stupid amounts for their players.

Suarez's fee is not the problem. I did the maths and if they want they can easily get a CB for 50M.

So IMO it has nothing to do with suarez, and more with a mentality that it's ok to spend a ton on a CF, but not on a CB. If that's it, then I think they are wrong. In modern football, you can't rely on YOLO mode. You need a very good defense if you plan to win the CL (now maybe people here would disagree)

Maybe PSG would accept to sell Marquinhos for 50M, i don't know, same for Benatia. The thing is that it seems they are not even trying.

I have doubts that negociations can happen with PSG, but italian newspapers rely that Roma is open to discuss a fee for Benatia, yet Barcelona seems to have bailed out when they learned he costs above 40M.

If they abide with that way of thinking (not wanting to spend 40M+ on a CB), then they need to scout for another Varane.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Rumor on twitter Arsenal have agreed to pay €40m for Alexis and deal could be finalized within 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans