Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

I am pretty damn sure Vertongen will be signed. I actually think Batra is better but our stupid board will only pay big sums for forwards. We need a faster, hard tackling cb then Batra or Pique. Vertongen is decent but Mussachio and Fazio are better options.

Please no Rojo...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can have the best team who plays very well as a team as well, but then falter due to one mistake. You're never guaranteed anything.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
You can have the best team who plays very well as a team as well, but then falter due to one mistake. You're never guaranteed anything.

Yup. That mistake can come in many forms. Milito's offside goal in the Inter-Barca match back in 2010 comes to mind. One goal away from the final against a beatable Bayern side.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartomeu (president): "At the very least we have to replace Puyol. It's not yet decided how many more players we'll sign, but certainly two"

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
From what I gather from that quote, I figure that if Xavi leaves, we'd have to replace him too this window. Possible successors:

Gündogan: Unfortunately, he missed the entire last season due to injury. If he manages to reach his form prior his back injury, he'd be a subject next summer (or the summer after that because of the transfer ban). There's no way that we are going after him this summer, that'd be too big a risk.
Koke: Unrealistic. The only way he is gonna leave is if we pay his buyout clause and there's no way we are going to do that without buying a couple of CB's first. He'd be ideal though.
Thiago: Unrealistic. He is one of Pep's favourites, and he seems to love playing under him. Such a shame we let him go.
Samper: That'd be quite a bet. From what I've seen, they do have similar qualities and he is definitely one for the future. I'm not sure that he is ready yet though.

Last edited:

mazp

Barcelona have informed the entourages of Hummels, Vertonghen and Schar that they could try to sign them this summer. [md]

ss81bja

Bartomeu (president): "At the very least we have to replace Puyol. It's not yet decided how many more players we'll sign, but certainly two"

The board has been very pragmatic this window so far....we needed two CBs and a world class FW and we got them....For the board to not sign a CB or 2 would just be plain ridiculous. We still got most of the transfer budget intact...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans