Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Chill people. CHILL! Mundo Deportivo and Sport are running out of stories/targets to report on and are grasping at straws (Blind visited Barcelona for holidays = Blind to FC Barcelona) to keep their audiences attention. Blind will certainly not be signed to be played at centerback and Mathieu (if signed) will not be the only centerback we get.

sabby

You guys fell for it ? :lol: It was probably someone from our club feeding MD BS to create pressure on Valencia and to make 20m seem cheap for Mathieu :lol:

i_bleed_blaugrana

You guys fell for it ? :lol: It was probably someone from our club feeding MD BS to create pressure on Valencia and to make 20m seem cheap for Mathieu :lol:

What good does that do? Us being interested in Blind doesn't magically lower his release clause. Valencia will hold out until that is paid, otherwise he won't move. The onus is on us, Valencia have made it pretty clear how this will go and I'd much rather have a proper and La Liga tested CB than another stopgap, converted "CB".

I'll feel bad for him if it doesn't work out, if a saga this public doesn't materialize for him, he has a good chance of being alienated and right at the tail end of his career.

Barcilliant

If we' re haggling over 5 mil then I am not surprised Valencia are not budging. We just spent a massive sum on Suarez and now we are crying to pay an extra 5 mil for a position that absolutely needs to be filled.

Neeraj

If we' re haggling over 5 mil then I am not surprised Valencia are not budging. We just spent a massive sum on Suarez and now we are crying to pay an extra 5 mil for a position that absolutely needs to be filled.

There are 2 aspects to this:

1.) The board is incompetent. 15, or the even more ridiculous figure of 20 million, for a 31 year old defender, who isn't even selected for his national team, is just blasphemy. Only our board could even THINK of a deal so retarded. To put in perspective, felipe luis - currently one of the best LB's in the world if not the best right now, who i would have literally jizzed my pants over in anticipation of a transfer here, went to chelshit for 19 million. Just think about it...Oh and he's not even 29 yet...

2.) HOWEVER, I think the board is kind of in a tight spot, cause the clamour for defenders is growing, they have dug themselves into this stupidity thanks to their incompetence and overall retardedness, and with options flying out of the window, they feel they need to get Mathieu (not to mention that as the biggest club in the world we can't even get him without a transfer saga, it's quite embarrassing). But, they know they will get flayed for overpaying to the extend of 20 million for him. I don't think its about the 5 mn, its more about how they will answer to the directors/board/fans etc. at such shady dealings. That combined with the fact that any other signing is going to be more expensive because of the pathetic precedent 20 million for Mathieu would set..

But overall, I like him as a player, I think he'd be a good squad player, and any other club in the world would be paying around 5-6 mn for him..knowing barca i wouldn't even mind paying 10..15 or 20 is just mind numbingly bizarre, and one way or the other, this transfer is going to disappoint, be it us overpaying or not managing to get him at all.

Trickykid

There are 2 aspects to this:

1.) The board is incompetent. 15, or the even more ridiculous figure of 20 million, for a 31 year old defender, who isn't even selected for his national team, is just blasphemy. Only our board could even THINK of a deal so retarded. To put in perspective, felipe luis - currently one of the best LB's in the world if not the best right now, who i would have literally jizzed my pants over in anticipation of a transfer here, went to chelshit for 19 million. Just think about it...Oh and he's not even 29 yet...

2.) HOWEVER, I think the board is kind of in a tight spot, cause the clamour for defenders is growing, they have dug themselves into this stupidity thanks to their incompetence and overall retardedness, and with options flying out of the window, they feel they need to get Mathieu (not to mention that as the biggest club in the world we can't even get him without a transfer saga, it's quite embarrassing). But, they know they will get flayed for overpaying to the extend of 20 million for him. I don't think its about the 5 mn, its more about how they will answer to the directors/board/fans etc. at such shady dealings. That combined with the fact that any other signing is going to be more expensive because of the pathetic precedent 20 million for Mathieu would set..

But overall, I like him as a player, I think he'd be a good squad player, and any other club in the world would be paying around 5-6 mn for him..knowing barca i wouldn't even mind paying 10..15 or 20 is just mind numbingly bizarre, and one way or the other, this transfer is going to disappoint, be it us overpaying or not managing to get him at all.

Right, so Mathieu is 31 (29th of October 83) and Luis, as you phrase it, isn't even 29 yet (August 9, 85). Ya, way to bend fucking reality and logic to further your point, buddy.

Anyhow, the Luis and Mathieu transfers are hardly comparable. We don't need a LB starter, we need a utility man who can play both LB and CB. Mathieu can exactly that. Is his value 20M? No, not by usual standards, but we all know how screwed we are, and the opposition clubs knows as well. Hence our predicament. We pay up, or we move on. Simple as.

Oh, and one more thing. You argue that Mathieu can't possibly be good enough, because he's not on the NT. Using that (dumbass) logic, why don't you feel to mention Luis' current national team status?

Xavinho

It's pretty tedious reading the same things over and over again here. The board is so retarded they signed some really promising talents (ter Stegen, Halilović etc), made a great move by offloading Cesc, bought some experienced, liga-proven players (Rakitić, Bravo), and seemingly brought back some of our loaned youth at the right time (Gerard, Rafinha). I think Lucho was the right guy to bring in from the options available too. I've been very happy with the moves they've been making recently.

I also love how you say Mathieu is already 31 even though he doesn't turn 31 for months, while saying Luis isn't even 29 yet even though he turns 29 in three weeks. And how you use the fact that Mathieu doesn't play for his national team against him, and then hold up another player who doesn't play for his national team as an example of a great transfer.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Trickykid.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Nuno (coach Valencia): "We have to make a final decision on Mathieu, both club and player agreed on that. We'll do it in the next days."

Mathieu as backup center back is okay, but help us all if he is THE ONLY one coming in.

+1.

Dude wouldn't be a starter at any top club. I've said this a few times already, but he'll be a decent squad player, nothing more. If we get him, we NEED to buy another CB. Him as our only CB signing would be a disaster. But I guess it could be worse with our board (Daley Blind as our only CB signing for 22m).

Right, so Mathieu is 31 (29th of October 83) and Luis, as you phrase it, isn't even 29 yet (August 9, 85). Ya, way to bend fucking reality and logic to further your point, buddy.

Anyhow, the Luis and Mathieu transfers are hardly comparable. We don't need a LB starter, we need a utility man who can play both LB and CB. Mathieu can exactly that. Is his value 20M? No, not by usual standards, but we all know how screwed we are, and the opposition clubs knows as well. Hence our predicament. We pay up, or we move on. Simple as.

Oh, and one more thing. You argue that Mathieu can't possibly be good enough, because he's not on the NT. Using that (dumbass) logic, why don't you feel to mention Luis' current national team status?

One word: Scolari.

Last edited:

Neymartinez

True. You cannot use the fact that Filipe isn't in the Canarinha against him,cause we all know what Scolari did. ''If this squad beat Spain, it can win the WC'' Well,truth is,scolari,EVERYONE is beating Spain. So he didn't think of taking Lucas Moura,Coutinho,Filipe,etc etc. and stuck to all the wrong players.

Barcilliant

There are no rumours about any defenders besides Blind & Mathieu. THAT IS worrying. Mathieu is a decent squad player but thats it. Blind would be worse then Song.

Fazio, Mussachio.....???

Surely the board has these 2 as a plan B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans