Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

They are far better than the barcastuff crap posted here from sport, md etc. They only post about transfers once they're in the final stages.

They're not. They posted a piece about mathieu today, saying he's 33 years old.

xxxxxx

So it's okay for us to spend 35m plus on a winger we don't need but we won't spend 35m plus on a world class defender. Have I got that right?

footyfan

Calma, calma
They're not. They posted a piece about mathieu today, saying he's 33 years old.

I don't see any article from today where they call him 33 years old. Anyway, they say Barca will announce tomorrow so let's see if they got this right.

Madrid and Barcelona reach Juventus asking price for Pogba (60m). Player prefers Barça. [tv3]

This is the source that said Messi will be sold this tranfer window.

F

Flavia

I don't see any article from today where they call him 33 years old. Anyway, they say Barca will announce tomorrow so let's see if they got this right.

They got the rumor from As. They were the first to report this today. And then rac1 said the deal wasn't closed. But sport has been running this story since yesterday, and they set the deadline for tomorrow.

Icarium

Lifestealer
There are no world class centre backs available in the market. And instead of chasing Marcos we should have just paid laporte release clause. Much simpler, but we have chase a Brazilian through the entire market as we always do.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There are no world class centre backs available in the market. And instead of chasing Marcos we should have just paid laporte release clause. Much simpler, but we have chase a Brazilian through the entire market as we always do.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Indeed. If they really wanted a young, very talented CB then Laporte who was willing to join and had a release clause of 36m would've been much easier to get.

DonAK

The problem with doing it that way is that you have to pay the full amount in one go. Maybe that's what one of the reasons why they didn't consider to pursue that option of Aymeric Laporte.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
There's also the small, yet important aspect of Laporte never really showing much commitment in leaving Athletic. The player needs to be fully on board with a buyout and Laporte never showed a great deal of urgency in wanting to pursue that.

On top, a lot of people here would have surely bitched about paying €40M+ for a 20 year old.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
There's also the matter of us looking very foolish if Laporte turns out to be a on season wonder (unlikely IMO but possibility is there). And getting Laporte at that price would be a big "fuck you" to Bartra as well.

Last edited:

DonAK

There's also the small, yet important aspect of Laporte never really showing much commitment in leaving Athletic. The player needs to be fully on board with a buyout and Laporte never showed a great deal of urgency in wanting to pursue that.

On top, a lot of people here would have surely bitched about paying €40M+ for a 20 year old.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.co...ng-puyol-at-barca-would-be-a-dream-come-true/

There's also the matter of us looking very foolish if Laporte turns out to be a on season wonder (unlikely IMO but possibility is there). And getting Laporte would be a big "fuck you" to Bartra as well.

It's basically the same situation as pursuing Marquinhos. Only saying that instead of chasing mindlessly after Marquinhos and reportedly offering 30m + Alves, they could have just paid 36m buyout of Laporte and got done with it IF they desperately want a young, talented CB who can serve Barcelona for many, many years.

Personally I would have liked someone like Mathieu as short term option + A top established CB.

Last edited:
M

maxmss

Laporte is ridiculously expensive. 20Mil for Mattieu is expensive too considering his age. All normal clubs(PSG is not a normal club) use their scouts and find normal CB-s,except for Barca. Maybe there's something about Barca style that CB-s are having hard time to adjust. I guess Barca has had this issue for ages.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

DonAK

Yeah that got lost in translation. I believe what he really said in Spanish amounted to being every footballers dream joining a big club like Barca (and Bayern) where such standards of the game like Puyol played, but that at this moment he had a contract with Bilbao and was happy there.

Sure as heck doesn't sound willing to go the extra mile to show commitment for the move.

I don't think going further than that would have been wise :lol: Had he gone further and walked that extra mile for a move and with a move then collapsing or we not wanting him then he would have really faced the heat in Athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans