Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rafa Marquez thinks that Mathieu don't fit the Barca profile and want the club to think twice before getting him, especially at that price.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't think going further than that would have been wise :lol: Had he gone further and walked that extra mile for a move and with a move then collapsing or we not wanting him then he would have really faced the heat in Athletic.

That's true. Still, I never felt Laporte was really all in for a Barca move. There was the allure of Barca tugging on him, but I truly think he is content with Athletic for the moment. Signing an extension with a higher BO clause pretty much was a dead giveaway.

Rafa Marquez thinks that Mathieu don't fit the Barca profile and want the club to think twice before getting him, especially at that price.

Don't know how Mathieu would not fit, but cannot argue with misgivings about his cost for his age.

Richard.H

There's also the matter of us looking very foolish if Laporte turns out to be a on season wonder (unlikely IMO but possibility is there). And getting Laporte at that price would be a big "fuck you" to Bartra as well.

I think Bartra is a big reason why the club is not getting such young prospects. It's obvious that Lucho plans on using Bartra a lot more next season.

DonAK

I think Bartra is a big reason why the club is not getting such young prospects. It's obvious that Lucho plans on using Bartra a lot more next season.

Nah man, We've tried to sign Marquinhos this summer, he has been our primary CB target.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I don't see any article from today where they call him 33 years old. Anyway, they say Barca will announce tomorrow so let's see if they got this right.

This is the source that said Messi will be sold this tranfer window.

Where and when was that Pogba rumor posted?

DonAK

Luis Enrique wants maximum three more players this summer. Two centre backs, and a right back if Dani Alves leaves. [md]

L

linetty

Barcelona could pay 15M plus 5+M incentives for Valencia centre back Jeremy Mathieu (30). Valencia waiting for final bid. [superdeporte]

malvolio

valencia would have a great deal even if we pay 15mil. the guy is no former world class or seasoned international. this is the last train for him and valencia. i would drop the deal just to see valencia sell him next year for 2 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans