Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataraxia

I dont think the jeremy transfer was good for obvious reasons mainly the guy is 31 and for 20 million, come on. BUT I think this is what big clubs with money do when they want results. I think Barcelona are just desperate for a fix in the defense because they want guaranteed results this year. Messi and Suarez are at their peak, neymar going there, the midfield still has the usual giants + rakitic now. The obvious place that needs to be solidified is the defense, and so a guaranteed performer like matheiu who has the experience might help barcelona get titles. Barcelona are thinking about having someone who can lead the defense with his experience and be guaranteed as a solid performer week in and out, which a new young signing might not provide even the good defenders. Plus the really good ones either cost too much or might not be sold or at least not sold easily, ie wait till the end of the market, barcelona might need to end the transfers early to start thinking about the season. Maybe this is why they will also bring a right back, going for it this season i dont know if dani alves can be trusted. Also I'm not sure barca will try to get another big name for CB position, maybe a young defender as backup to nurture, but a big name ?? I think mascherano will fill the backup gap.

Sunny Mir

So we have actually signed a player for each department : 2 gk (3 if u count masip),1 defender,2 midfilders, 2 forwards.All in all a very good transfer window for us.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Ataraxia

Neither is Mathieu, Blind, or whoever is being linked recently. Atleast Nastacic is available and has potential.

I dont think nastasic is that good,and trusting him as first team player for the next season could be a disaster, it would be interesting to have him as backup to learn, but he wont be guaranteed to perform week in week out, and he's much shaky and unexperienced. Barcelona especially cant afford unexperienced defenders because their defense is always left wide open especially in counter attacks. However, there are some 31 year old experienced defenders for around 10 million or so, so this is where I dont agree with barcelona in getting jeremy.

PhilS

Whether Mathieu works out to be a starter or the 4th choice at CB, Barca finally has the minimum depth needed at CB to contend for titles this year. This is a critical step in building the new Barca.

Now the team can sell Song, Masch should be available to be a most of the time DM. I'm looking forward to a real competition between Busquets and Masch to be the regular starter at DM. Given how Barca played last spring, the new coach has to re-consider who starts at almost every position. Masch was fantastic this summer at DM for the Albiceleste.

Remaining to-do list:
Xavi leaves.
Cuadrado is added.
Masip is loaned or sold.

Optional:
Alves or Adriano leaves.
Afellay leaves.
Add midfielder and/or CB, if the right deal becomes available.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Whether Mathieu works out to be a starter or the 4th choice at CB, Barca finally has the minimum depth needed at CB to contend for titles this year. This is a critical step in building the new Barca.

Now the team can sell Song, Masch should be available to be a most of the time DM. I'm looking forward to a real competition between Busquets and Masch to be the regular starter at DM. Given how Barca played last spring, the new coach has to re-consider who starts at almost every position. Masch was fantastic this summer at DM for the Albiceleste.

Remaining to-do list:
Xavi leaves.
Cuadrado is added.
Masip is loaned or sold.

Optional:
Alves or Adriano leaves.
Afellay leaves.

For me that 'To do' list is more like NOT TO DO LIST.

Cule4life

The Culest

Remaining to-do list:
Xavi leaves.
Cuadrado is added.

Masip is loaned or sold.

Optional:
Alves or Adriano leaves.
Afellay leaves.

Bartomeu is that you?

Crixus

Rac1 says now Barca will try to sign another defender after JM deal is closed .
Un cop tancat Mathieu, el Barça intentarà ara fitxar un altre central

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I suppose they'll still push for Marquinhos, even though at this point that is all but dead, if it ever was alive.

Who else is out there that has been linked, is a CB and is realisitc?

Fabian Schar?

Anyone else?

Trickykid

I suppose they'll still push for Marquinhos, even though at this point that is all but dead, if it ever was alive.

Who else is out there that has been linked, is a CB and is realisitc?

Fabian Schar?

Anyone else?

Have we even been seriously linked to Schär? I mean, isn't he just one of the names, that's been randomly thrown around whenever Sport and EMD haven't had anything remotely worthwhile to report (or invent)?

And no, I haven't got a clue who it could be either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The names we've been linked with(by MD and Sport that is) are Jan Vertonghen, Daley Blind and Fabian Schär. Marquinhos as well, but he's not an option anymore or atleast should not be after PSG have told us that he's not for sale at any cost repetitively this summer.

We'll probably know more tomorrow in Mathieu's presentation though... since the journos have a habit of asking completely random and sometimes disrespectful questions in a player's freaking presentation. They'll surely ask Zubi about whether we'll get another CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans