Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pedro 9 minute hat trick against getafe was awesome. I am happy he is staying at the club and I think he has a role at the club with neymar and Suarez out of the initial stages of the season.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Neymessi

Pedro 9 minute hat trick against getafe was awesome. I am happy he is staying at the club and I think he has a role at the club with neymar and Suarez out of the initial stages of the season.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
Oh yes.Pedro saved our ass in that match vs getafe.We were 2-0 down and he saved the day.This is for the one who asked if pedro scored against bug teams.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
IIRC, save for Messi and, at times, Neymar, the entire team was toothless against the bigger teams. Except for 4-5 goals, all of Alexis's goals were against lesser opposition too.

Neymessi

IIRC, save for Messi and, at times, Neymar, the entire team was toothless against the bigger teams. Except for 4-5 goals, all of Alexis's goals were against lesser opposition too.

Alexis was surprisingly good in some big matches though.His chip vs real and the screamer vs atletico.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Going back to the CB debate, I know its not going to happen but if we want a young CB then I am really unsure of why we aren't at least testing the waters for Laporte. He is the most complete young CB in the market right now. For me, if we are willing to spend 20 million on a run of the mill CB like Mathieu, then the 42 plus taxes for Laporte shouldn't be an issue.

"But but but, 42 million + taxes for a 19 year old? No way should we spend that kind of money for him..."

Wrong. The thing about Laporte that in particular makes me fancy him a lot more than Marcos is that he is already close to a finished product. With Marcos, while he is talented and has a lot of potential, he still makes inexperienced mistakes and has lapses in concentration. At a very tender age, Laporte was one of the top 5 CBs in La Liga last year and most importantly, if we splash the cash on him now, we will literally be set defensively for 5+ years.

It just makes a lot more sense to spend the money we are willing to spend on Marcos on a more finished product like Laporte, he has everything we need.

Neymessi

Going back to the CB debate, I know its not going to happen but if we want a young CB then I am really unsure of why we aren't at least testing the waters for Laporte. He is the most complete young CB in the market right now. For me, if we are willing to spend 20 million on a run of the mill CB like Mathieu, then the 42 plus taxes for Laporte shouldn't be an issue.

"But but but, 42 million + taxes for a 19 year old? No way should we spend that kind of money for him..."

Wrong. The thing about Laporte that in particular makes me fancy him a lot more than Marcos is that he is already close to a finished product. With Marcos, while he is talented and has a lot of potential, he still makes inexperienced mistakes and has lapses in concentration. At a very tender age, Laporte was one of the top 5 CBs in La Liga last year and most importantly, if we splash the cash on him now, we will literally be set defensively for 5+ years.

It just makes a lot more sense to spend the money we are willing to spend on Marcos on a more finished product like Laporte, he has everything we need.

He just renewed some time ago.He does not look like wanting to leave and bilbao don't look like willing to sell.He is my personal fav but its not happening.

ss81bja

I just don't know why it is so hard for Barca to sign a CB. I mean there where names bandied about and we always go head strong for those we can't get. I mean Sakho, Mangala, Filipe Luis etc have all gone to different clubs during the 3 or 4 years we have been looking. We are supposed even looking for players that are not CB to fill the position. Barca needs to stop looking for the "star" CB and sign someone that could at least do the basics well. This suitability of a player to the system is getting old. What is there to say that a player cannot be made to adjust to our system. It is pretty pathetic that 4 years we have been looking for a CB and can only get a 31 yr old at 20 m. I am not speaking ill of Jeremy because at least he has experience, but it is plain ridiculous

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I just don't know why it is so hard for Barca to sign a CB. I mean there where names bandied about and we always go head strong for those we can't get. I mean Sakho, Mangala, Filipe Luis etc have all gone to different clubs during the 3 or 4 years we have been looking. We are supposed even looking for players that are not CB to fill the position. Barca needs to stop looking for the "star" CB and sign someone that could at least do the basics well. This suitability of a player to the system is getting old. What is there to say that a player cannot be made to adjust to our system. It is pretty pathetic that 4 years we have been looking for a CB and can only get a 31 yr old at 20 m. I am not speaking ill of Jeremy because at least he has experience, but it is plain ridiculous

Sakho and Managala are not good enough and Filipe Luis is a left back.

It is not easy to find the players that are good enough for Barca and those they do identify their clubs are not willing to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans