Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Anyway, back to center backs. Here is a list of central defenders with only a year left on their contracts. Source is reddit.

Chiellini (29), can play left back too
Vermaelen (28)
Ranocchia (26)
Rolando (28), plays in Porto
Carlos Zambrano (25), plays in Frankfurt
Fabian Schar (22), Ive read that he is great, and 22
Doria (19), he is supposed to be the best young CB in Brasil
Stefan de Vrij (22), Feyenord, can play right back

I will take Stefan de Vrij tbh,he might not be gr8 with the ball but he is young enough to adapt and develop ,he is very good CB and is fairly young and doubt he will cost so much

SeloBarca

Goals conceded is not the sole criteria of judging a defence. Our problems in defense are clear to eveybody

1. No leader in defence
2. Lack of height at set pieces
3. Nobody defending apart from CBs and Busquets. Pressing gone

We may not conceded as much because we retain the ball well but our defense is among the most problematic among the big clubs

Well said, RM has even said they concede way to many goals. We almost concede as many and are arguably even worse on setpieces and def worse on counterattacks.

I havent really heard Benatia is 100% not available. I would rather splash 50m on him then buy Marquinhos

Jordynigel

De Vrij only costs about 8-10 mil euro. One good season at Lazio or any other club will make him twice or even triple the amount of what he costs now, and is Marquinhos who costs 40 mil really that much better?

SeloBarca

Nastasic, who i think is better then Marquinhos and might become available, would only cost 15m or so. Hes also quite fast.

Benatia
Hummels
Subotic
Laporte
Nastasic
Verthongen

Last edited:

Bertus

20140726-1406326240666.jpg

- Marquinhos and Cuadrado are still Barcelona's targets to build a grand defense.
- SPORT claims Barcelona has 56.5M euros left in the budget to sign at least one of the two targets.

So in the end, that blabla from yesterday about other targets was just to pass the time.

Empty

Nastasic, who i think is better then Marquinhos and might become available, would only cost 15m or so. Hes also quite fast.

The target should be Benatia and/or Hummels, but things are looking pretty desperate. People screaming out for Vortenghen, De Vrij, Nastasic, etc. Of course, in the end we need to sign SOMEONE in case the transfer ban is upheld later.

Also, I don't see any evidence of Cuadrado defending... anywhere.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Signing someone like Benatia or Hummels right know would be basically saying 'fuck you' to Bartra.

Trafalgar

Benatia
Hummels
Subotic
Laporte
Nastasic
Verthongen

In the few match Nastasic played as a started, he wasn't that good ... and No he's not better than Marcos, even if I don't want him in Barca ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans