Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
There's still more than a month left. They have nearly 60M at hands according to SPORT. So who knows.

That said, I'll add one thing since i follow the french medias, here (talking about the french medias) there's not a single hint of news that PSG is seeking another CB to replace Marquinhos.

Go ahead and poach Loic Perrin from St. Ettiene. He was really good this season, wasn't he?

Bertus

Go ahead and poach Loic Perrin from St. Ettiene. He was really good this season, wasn't he?

If he is this good, Barcelona should buy him :lol: ;)

Despite the harsh comments he get sometimes here, to me there's no better CB for PSG than marquinhos to build or "3 pillars defense" TS, DL, Marcos.

King5Puyi

No, I think you're talking about Kompany

Nah, how can I misplace potato head and Nastasic. I remember reading somewhere Nastasics recent injuries can be a start of something worrying. And it's £15M according to English sources, meaning 19M€/20M€.

I used to watch City when he linked up with Kompany, he's very cool headed and gets himself into good positions to make life simple for himself, wins the ball, passes it. Not someone who bursts into midfield. But he never looked so comfortable under Pellegrini as he did as with Mancini.

Bertus

He was on Whoscored's team of the year. Sadly it seems the Barca board doesn't know he exists.

Perrin did all his career in St Etienne from 1997 onwards. He's our Hummels. He cares very much about this club and city. He loves them and was born there to begin with. He refused many offers throughout the year.

I think that's why he's not considered.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think that's why he's not considered.

I see. Just so you know though, Hummels started out at Bayern Munich. However, he was then loaned to Borussia Dortmund and then Bayern Munich kicked his father, a youth coordinator, out of the club. The bridges between Hummels and Bayern have been burnt to a crisp.

Trafalgar

Nah, how can I misplace potato head and Nastasic. I remember reading somewhere Nastasics recent injuries can be a start of something worrying. And it's £15M according to English sources, meaning 19M€/20M€.

I used to watch City when he linked up with Kompany, he's very cool headed and gets himself into good positions to make life simple for himself, wins the ball, passes it. Not someone who bursts into midfield. But he never looked so comfortable under Pellegrini as he did as with Mancini.

I didn't know that he had injury issues ... But if that's true, he's not a good choice for us since he gets injured a lot!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

This is true. Nastasic was a lot better in Mancini's system. Under Pellegrini he has looked out of place because the fullbacks are a lot less defensively disciplined under the new system.

Bertus

I see. Just so you know though, Hummels started out at Bayern Munich. However, he was then loaned to Borussia Dortmund and then Bayern Munich kicked his father, a youth coordinator, out of the club. The bridges between Hummels and Bayern have been burnt to a crisp.

Yup, I know that ^^

I meant that both love their current clubs very much and said it many times.

I don't think that's the kind of players that will accept any offer just based on money. They are not TS (as much as i appreciate TS)

King5Puyi

I didn't know that he had injury issues ... But if that's true, he's not a good choice for us since he gets injured a lot!

I'd go for Rekik if we wanted a young CB from City. Or that crazy Greek kid from Schalke,Papadopoulos? He seemed linked to Liverpool last season, before a knee injury scuppered any move but now has recovered from injuries and declared fit by Schalke. If we had Puyi around to tame him, he'd be class.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'd go for Rekik if we wanted a young CB from City. Or that crazy Greek kid from Schalke,Papadopoulos? He seemed linked to Liverpool last season, before a knee injury scuppered any move but now has recovered from injuries and declared fit by Schalke. If we had Puyi around to tame him, he'd be class.

Tarin/Quintilla/Bagnack/Ie are all in Rekik's age group and I'd rate them as having more potential to succeed in OUR system than Rekik. But Papadopoulos would be a good buy. Pique could use a crazy centerback partner.

King5Puyi

This is true. Nastasic was a lot better in Mancini's system. Under Pellegrini he has looked out of place because the fullbacks are a lot less defensively disciplined under the new system.

There was the injury thing in the second season. But honestly, even during talks of injured players,too. Pellegrini hardly ever mentioned him at his press conferences when discussing the injured players. He had simply written him off for the season as injured or does not regard him as good enough and hence is not in his plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans