Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Five-name centre back short list: Marquinhos (PSG), Vertonghen (Tottenham), Vermaelen (Arsenal), Hummels (Dortmund), Blind (Ajax) [marca]

Afaik Blind option was ruled out after signing Mathieu. I hope united buy Vermaelen fast so that these rumors will stop.

Tomchin

Afaik Blind option was ruled out after signing Mathieu. I hope united buy Vermaelen fast so that these rumors will stop.
Well, according to the rumours, Vermaelen prefers Utd over Barca anyway (because he has more chance of playing there), so hopefully we can quickly scratch him off that list indeed.

sabby

If I was the president, I'd have brought Klopp last season instead of Tata and get Hummels, Subotic, Gundogan and Reus with him as well :lol:

Hey Sports/MD Spies, please publish this in tomorrows paper - "Hummels/Benatia doesn't want to leave, but if he does it will be to Barca". At least the board might fall for this and make a bid to feel the water. :lucho:

P.S. - I honestly believe that Hummels is pretty much impossible to get at least this summer.

Icarium

Lifestealer
BtictuwIYAAVmci.jpg

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we sign one more defender will get Bartra get any minutes? Pique will not be benched. So 3 players for 1 position, Mathieu only has 2-3 seasons considering that will they use him as a starter? Unless we use 3 man defense or Bartra at RB he will not play much. I was hoping he will be a starter, he really deserves it.

Egert

Estonian Culé
If we sign one more defender will get Bartra get any minutes? Pique will not be benched. So 3 players for 1 position, Mathieu only has 2-3 seasons considering that will they use him as a starter? Unless we use 3 man defense or Bartra at RB he will not play much. I was hoping he will be a starter, he really deserves it.

I think when we will buy Marquinhos then Bartra surely gets a lot of minutes. But if we sign a world class CB which will never happen then he surely won't get even 7 games.

khaled_a_d

Disagree here,Bartra is good CB but I don't think he deserves to be a starter at Barca at all,he lack both quickness and height needed while lacking strength too,he isn't a dominant defender either .he is overall a good one but for a team like us it takes more than being good tbh

Neeraj

I think the Agger rumours aren't material cause all the sources seem to quote Sport. However, I was thinking about it, and just for discussion's sake let's say a 15m deal for Agger is reached (which is way too much, but wtv) I wouldn't be that displeased. I think the way to look at this is - Either we get our top class CB. A solid rock of a defender, to complete our back line, serve us well over the next 3-5 years at the very least, and put and end to this discussion for a while.

However, as we've discussed already, the guys we want, silva, hummels benatia etc. aren't coming one way or the other. If that's the case, I don't think we should just say fuck it, its them or nothing, but a player like Agger wouldn't be that bad. Pique Bartra Agger could be our CB options, and obviously there would be injuries and what not, maybe even requiring Mathieu or a B teamer to step in. Agger wouldn't be a big name who'd be a constant starter to bench either of Pique or Bartra, and he would accept a more secondary role. And FOR a secondary role, whatever I've seen of Agger, I quite like him.

Now it's true I've heard he's injured a lot, but I don't follow the EPL very much so not quite sure what the deal with that is...but purely as a player, I'd take Agger as a plan B, sort out the defence for now, at least until the transfer ban is over, and then reassess the situation after 2 transfer windows. For all you know, we might be in a much better position to get a solid CB, we might find one internally, we might have time to line one up, etc. and then we can take it from there..

Galning

I wish we could re-sign young Rafa.

Sky Sports suggesting we are considering Agger for £15 million .... He's always injured !!?

Sport is saying Liverpool offered Agger to Barça for 15M. They had the chance to sell him to us for a lot more in recent seasons but they didn't :lol: I don't think we will sign him now. Again Sport say that his high wage and constant injuries are a problem.

L

linetty

Liverpool offered us Agger already some time ago and we rejected the offer. Why would we accept it now?

Chainsaw

Killahead

You act like every defender is gonna stay injury free with no suspension or poor form the whole aeason, which is very unlikely. Barca lost Pique for nearly 2 month at the most important stage last season. If there was a better replacement for him maybe we could get better results. Thinking about IF signing another CB stop Bartra from getting enough playing time is small time thinking.

i_bleed_blaugrana

No thanks on Agger, again just another stopgap. Too injury prone and he doesn't inspire confidence with the ball at his feet.

Also, Bartra deserves to be a starting CB for us in my book. Bartra-Piqué should start unless Mathieu/New CB starts to perform better than either (my gut says it would be Piqué that could get dropped :lol:)

The Di Maria factor with Marcos is intriguing however. I mean, he certainly isn't a bad player and for me us overpaying for him will be better for us in the long run than an Agger or Verm deal. We already got our mediocre, older 4th CB in Mathieu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans