Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

coura

Banned
I'm not so sure a Plan B type of striker is enough to be honest. That still does nothing to fix our Plan A, which is very lacking in scoring. Messi is the only one you can depend upon to score consistently. The team would benefit more from an all around striker to be your everyday starter, IMHO.

BTW, getting a striker does not mean Messi moves to then wing. Argentina plays with not one, but two strikers alongside Messi and he still plays centrally, and leads them in scoring.

Bur Argentina plays with 2 CM and then 4 attacking players with messi in a free role. Barça style is a bit far away from that, don´t you agree?

Where would cesc and iniesta play?

Messi can play in the wing and still score a lot of goals. The team should come 1st.

Alarcón

If we buy a striker and play Messi behind him, we'd have to drop both Iniesta and Fàbregas and, considering his lackluster defensive contribution, probably also Xavi. I think our problems with scoring are not due to our using a false 9 instead of a real one, but rather due to a lack of creativity in midfield and our change in tactics.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If you buy a striker who is versatile enough to be effective from different positions, you do not need to make radical changes.

Let's say Barca get Aguero, for instance. Aguero can play forward towards the left, with Messi slighty behind him towards the right. They are both able to threaten and initiate movement from every position in the front, while both are also capable of dropping deeper and join the build-up.

Then you drop Neymar a little deeper so you can utilize his creativity and propensity to create havoc from a deeper role.

After this, you can still keep a 3 man midfield, but you'd have to pick your spots of who plays and when. Rotate Cesc and Iniesta for that centralized attacking midfield role. Rotate Xavi and Sergi depending on opponents.

You'd essentially be playing a very mobile and dynamic 4-5-1, with the front 4 moving all over the place and interchanging to make combination plays and attacking runs.

-----------Aguero----
---------------------Messi-------
---Neymar--------------------------
-------------Cesc/Iniesta-----------
--------Roberto/Busi/Xavi----------
--Alba---Pique---Bartra---Alves--

khaled_a_d

If you buy a striker, why would you bring Deulofeu? To warm the bench behind Messi, Neymar, Striker, Alexis and Pedro? That's 5 players infront of him. Leave him at Everton for another year so he develops further and comes later to replace either Alexis or Pedro.

I am starting to think Pedro will be gone next year,it is clear Alexis is beating him for the starting spot and he will have offers from other big clubs
might be the time for him for a new challenge somewhere else

DinhoR10

After seeing his last 2 games, assuming he keeps up this kind of form. Does anyone think Bojan has what it takes to come back from loan hell? He'd already be a better cf back up than cesc imo

Last edited:

desoe

Wonder why we haven't been linked with this guy:

Imagine him and Bartra :worthy:

Btw, :rofl1: at Sport

Because we're obviously linked only to top players from top clubs. How I asked before - when was the last time when Barcelona made a proper transfer of a prospect Varane-like? I wonder if we even have a scout department anymore. Even I can scout Thiago Silva and say - "hey, this is a nice player" ..

coura

Banned
Scout is what teams like Udinese, fc porto and others do.
Thiago silva was discovered by fc porto with 18 years. But he had hepathitis and another disease and was sent back to Brazil at the age of 20 and the rest it´s history. Bad luck for Porto.

desoe

Scout is what teams like Udinese, fc porto and others do.

Scouting is what every team MUST do, if your name is not Manchester City, Monaco, PSG or another club owned by russian billionaire or couple of sheikhs.

p.s. and even Manchester City made some deals like Nastasic, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans