Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

desoe

The big question is - is it really possible to buy a world class defender in January?
We don't need players, who won't improve the team.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Laughing stock?

Barcelona won the Neymar sweepstakes despite all the big clubs offering a boat load more money....Alba, Alexis & Cesc all bought for less than market value

Victor has an expiring contract
the fledgling level of our transfer deals only sweeps out when we are supposed to sell a player.... The stupid contracts that the board gets the players to sign, it becomes near impossible for the board to sell them later on! Check out our recent outgoing transfer deals and you would know

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We're definitely a laughing stock on some matters, don't get me wrong but Rosell et al can't be faulted for the good deals they've mostly made on purchases

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We're definitely a laughing stock on some matters, don't get me wrong but Rosell et al can't be faulted for the good deals they've mostly made on purchases
We do have to give him credit for purchases... He has made some very good deals. In fact, the setbacks we endured while selling layers were mostly because of the previous board(even David Villa's transfer)! But then Rosell is one cynical asshole who gives the utmost importance to the financial nature of the transfers

Zincubus

Banned
Buying Villa for about £40 million and selling him to one of the best teams in La Liga for £2 million was crazy ,

Somebody's head should have rolled for that decision .

I mentioned this at the start of the season and somebody in here said that they weren't a threat to us .

I wish I could remember who said it !!

MrKnowitAlll

Barcelona is a rich club. We dont need to sell to buy. This is the case for most top top teams. Like Real , ( they sold Ozil and Higuan for massive money because of Bale) Bayern.

The reason is that top sides dont sell thier best players , but thier most unwanted players. And no one is spending big for a player that the team doesnt need. In the end they sell for peanuts because they have to. Example was Kaka for Madrid. He was earning too much and they HAD to get rid of him. Milan came in and swooped him for free.

S*it, another perfect deal! Buy for 20M, loan until contract runs out to get 0 moneyz, than repeat with another player. We must be the laughing stock when it comes to transfers the latest 6 seasons or so. Plz correct me if I'm wrong, but we won't get any money for Valdez right?

It will a deal with add on so if he stays at the end of the season we get around 10mil for him which isnt bad. The club seems to really not want him.
Valdes is in his last year. He annouced he was going to leave last summer. We didnt have time to find him a suitable replacement. We either quick sold him for around 5mill ( 31 yo and in last year , no one's paying more ) or keep him and find a suitable replacement and lose about 5mill. I think it was a great call , supported by his recent form.

We're not a laughing stock. We sell players we dont want , so its obvious we are going to get low money for them.

My only worry is that we wont be able to find a quality CB in the transfer window. Even Luiz , has been terrible this season. Messi has made for tackles than his this season. That's ridiculous. We wont find a CB good enough to fulfill our needs ( which is to overthrown Pique ).

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Sell song, affelay, cuenca and tello.
CB, GK and a Striker plus deulofeu and rafinha.

If you buy a striker, why would you bring Deulofeu? To warm the bench behind Messi, Neymar, Striker, Alexis and Pedro? That's 5 players infront of him. Leave him at Everton for another year so he develops further and comes later to replace either Alexis or Pedro.

coura

Banned
If you buy a striker, why would you bring Deulofeu? To warm the bench behind Messi, Neymar, Striker, Alexis and Pedro? That's 5 players infront of him. Leave him at Everton for another year so he develops further and comes later to replace either Alexis or Pedro.
Deulofeu would be the sub for Alexis. The season is so long, so many games. We need 2 quality players per position. Like bayern, city, real.

coura

Banned
So then I assume your striker would just be a Plan B type of striker then?

Yeah. The guy on your avater would hardly accept to be put on the wing. If so i would sell Pedro and get a real good striker like Lewandowski.

Drogba and Etoo were free to us to grab and we let them go. They could have been great specially drogba. 10 crosses, 10 goals. lol

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah. The guy on your avater would hardly accept to be put on the wing. If so i would sell Pedro and get a real good striker like Lewandowski.

Drogba and Etoo were free to us to grab and we let them go. They could have been great specially drogba. 10 crosses, 10 goals. lol

I'm not so sure a Plan B type of striker is enough to be honest. That still does nothing to fix our Plan A, which is very lacking in scoring. Messi is the only one you can depend upon to score consistently. The team would benefit more from an all around striker to be your everyday starter, IMHO.

BTW, getting a striker does not mean Messi moves to then wing. Argentina plays with not one, but two strikers alongside Messi and he still plays centrally, and leads them in scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans